Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we go about reporting Toxic players?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can we go about reporting toxic players (ones who sling racial slurs and are generally toxic to other players).

Is there an in game feature for this I am missing? Or do we need to contact EPIC customer service with screenshots of their language and behavior.

Pause the game, go to feedback and go to the player section and write a comment there, they should receive the complaint there :)
    Ric, you good bro?

-----Day 1 Founder-----

Comment

If you have video \ screen shots you can use this page,

http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/cu...r-in-fortnite-

Comment

How about an actual kick feature already ! I'm tired of people who on purpose do little to nothing, stand nearby and literally WATCH US BUILD, never upgrade a thing, never share a resources ffs ! Great, ******** apparently get zero punishment, spend more money on Vbucks and make devs of this game happy.

Devs who introduced this game as Build and defend your fortress, craft traps and have fun with friends - and instead never adressed the issues with people who do literally nothing entire match and instead Epic makes free to play rip off PUBG, to get more people into buying microtransactions in this game.

Lovely future for this game ! Taking creative game, ruining it with pvp mode, forcing all people to keep downloading Gb of updates for this stupid mode and never do a thing about freeloaders, who ruin the main mode and ruin people's moods.

Thanks Epic, you couldn't be further away from the promisses that you've made when announcing Fortnite, yay, hope you choke on that money, when killing the creative vision that this game once had

Comment

Originally posted by Tripfy View Post
          How about an actual kick feature already ! I'm tired of people who on purpose do little to nothing, stand nearby and literally WATCH US BUILD, never upgrade a thing, never share a resources ffs ! Great, ******** apparently get zero punishment, spend more money on Vbucks and make devs of this game happy.

Devs who introduced this game as Build and defend your fortress, craft traps and have fun with friends - and instead never adressed the issues with people who do literally nothing entire match and instead Epic makes free to play rip off PUBG, to get more people into buying microtransactions in this game.

Lovely future for this game ! Taking creative game, ruining it with pvp mode, forcing all people to keep downloading Gb of updates for this stupid mode and never do a thing about freeloaders, who ruin the main mode and ruin people's moods.

Thanks Epic, you couldn't be further away from the promisses that you've made when announcing Fortnite, yay, hope you choke on that money, when killing the creative vision that this game once had
          Yeah how about an easily abused kick feature which definitely will be used for the good of the game community! Yeah how about that!
          Ric, you good bro?

-----Day 1 Founder-----

Comment

Originally posted by ClintParis View Post

Yeah how about an easily abused kick feature which definitely will be used for the good of the game community! Yeah how about that!
            I hear this argument a lot, but if the team is willing to kick you over something (even if it's abused), you probably wouldn't have a good time playing with them anyway. I've been booted unfairly from Team Fortress 2 games before plenty of times and it's never a huge deal, sometimes it's amusing, I just move on to another server with better people. The difference is this game has a feedback/report feature in addition so I don't think it has as much abuse potential. At least, until save the world goes f2p. Then they might have a problem regarding players spending their resources on the base and then getting thrown out. See the difference between a game like TF2 and a game like this is that Team Fortress 2 requires no "investment" whatsoever much like BR. You don't lose anything. In this game you can lose a lot of building/craft materials and traps, so it's perfectly reasonable to be so vehemently against a standard votekick. Well, without considering modifications to a typical votekick. A fairer votekick would be to refund resources spent upon being removed. Or heck, even adding that as an in-game feature for leaving. Of course the problem with that is how "that" could be abused (players spending resources, leaving and rejoining a game with full resources would make outlanders "even more useless"). It really isn't a problem that can be tackled case-by-case, it's just an entire structural problem combined with the fact that the people in charge of StW don't seem to be active at all about handling reported players for an absurd amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Action Gooseman View Post
              A fairer votekick would be to refund resources spent upon being removed.
              That's not a half bad idea actually... if you're kicked you can not return to that mission but your resources are refunded. If you quit the mission you don't get a refund but you can rejoin it.

Building then exiting to restock (via another mission or grabbing mats from storage) has been going on since long before early access. Plenty of pre-made groups will gather and build as an outlander / constructor then swap to soldier for the defense phase. In my book it's a non issue as it's more effort than most are willing to put forth.

Comment

Originally posted by kakamouth View Post

That's not a half bad idea actually... if you're kicked you can not return to that mission but your resources are refunded. If you quit the mission you don't get a refund but you can rejoin it.

Building then exiting to restock (via another mission or grabbing mats from storage) has been going on since long before early access. Plenty of pre-made groups will gather and build as an outlander / constructor then swap to soldier for the defense phase. In my book it's a non issue as it's more effort than most are willing to put forth.
                I think that should be a feature of the game, pick a starting hero then have a hotswap button that you can swap to a combat type hero. You would need loadouts of course but what a great idea. :)

Comment

Originally posted by kakamouth View Post

I would also have it that the anything the kicked player built or upgraded either gets deranked a tier or two or full out removed depending on if they either built and upgrade to T3 on their own or upgraded something someone else built. I mean this would punish the players who kick for dumb reasons like kicking you because you said you need to resupply and asked them to not start the objective yet. Just picture their faces when you're the one who built and upgraded the ground walls, the only things that support the upper walls that they built but you didn't upgrade at all! They won't get refunded at all while you the kicked player did forcing the ones who kicked you for the dumb reason to not only have to spend more time resupplying but also REBUILDING the fallen fort all because they decided to be ******** because you didn't want to rush the mission! XD!

Comment

Originally posted by MIDJULIP View Post

I think that should be a feature of the game, pick a starting hero then have a hotswap button that you can swap to a combat type hero. You would need loadouts of course but what a great idea. :)
                    As long as it is limited to only two heroes at a time I think this would be a solid idea... I think they could already add this in easily where you can pick one a second hero from your slotted support squad heroes to be your... back up one BUT... they will need to add a little something avoid ppl abusing it to avoid a death. Like say no Hero Swapping allowed in mid air, not allowed to switch in combat and so on, along with the damage being shared between the two heroes as well so you can't keep say an extra Solider slotted for when your main one is about to lose all health. As long as it doesn't allow players to quickly avoid a death this will go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Icebolt123 View Post

As long as it is limited to only two heroes at a time I think this would be a solid idea... I think they could already add this in easily where you can pick one a second hero from your slotted support squad heroes to be your... back up one BUT... they will need to add a little something avoid ppl abusing it to avoid a death. Like say no Hero Swapping allowed in mid air, not allowed to switch in combat and so on, along with the damage being shared between the two heroes as well so you can't keep say an extra Solider slotted for when your main one is about to lose all health. As long as it doesn't allow players to quickly avoid a death this will go a long way.
                      Sure whatever stipulations are fine, that way the outlander wouldn't be so useless. Basically Outlander is an out of combat hero.

Comment

I'm pretty sure in one Dev update they stated there will be no kick function. Thumbs up to Epic on that. It is the most abuse and quite frankly, useless function in games. If ever implemented in Fortnite you would get kicked for hero choice, for not doing extra encampments, towers, survivors. For disagreeing on a trap tunnel design, for getting more kills (I've already had people block my traps completely off so that theirs would get the husks, when really both tunnels were working well together). There would be multitude of reasons people would try and have you kicked. So glad we don't have this option. Absolutely hated it in other games. It does not address the underlining issue that some people will, no matter what, be lazy.

The best option you have is play with like minded people. Second best option, look at why it triggers you so much and adjust your own reaction. Once they no longer annoy you so much, the lazy players are pretty much not causing your temples to throb.

You cannot change people's attitudes and it isn't up to Epic to police everyone's actions. Report abusive and very toxic players by all means. They need a time out, but as for lazy players, ignore their existence for your own sanity.
                        If only I'd pause to think before typing .....

Comment

Originally posted by LtMouse View Post
                          I'm pretty sure in one Dev update they stated there will be no kick function. Thumbs up to Epic on that. It is the most abuse and quite frankly, useless function in games. If ever implemented in Fortnite you would get kicked for hero choice, for not doing extra encampments, towers, survivors. For disagreeing on a trap tunnel design, for getting more kills (I've already had people block my traps completely off so that theirs would get the husks, when really both tunnels were working well together). There would be multitude of reasons people would try and have you kicked. So glad we don't have this option. Absolutely hated it in other games. It does not address the underlining issue that some people will, no matter what, be lazy.

The best option you have is play with like minded people. Second best option, look at why it triggers you so much and adjust your own reaction. Once they no longer annoy you so much, the lazy players are pretty much not causing your temples to throb.

You cannot change people's attitudes and it isn't up to Epic to police everyone's actions. Report abusive and very toxic players by all means. They need a time out, but as for lazy players, ignore their existence for your own sanity.
                          In all fairness... AFKing and leeching is part of rule 3 on the COC for the game. They are and have been banning ppl for being this lazy. So yeah Epic are policing everyone's actions if enough reports with the same name are sent it with the reason being AFKing or leeching XD!

Comment

LtMouse, exactly. In another thread, people have actually stated straight out that they would kick people if they were running Outlanders, if they were running Constructors and not actually building the fort, etc. They said it was the purpose of the kick function to kick players who were not playing the 'right way'.

Any sort of Kick option would be bad for the game.

As for the toxic players, I have run into only one AFKer in all my games (lucky me!). My biggest problem with players are those who kick off the objective on day one with no communication. And when you ask why, they act like you are being the unreasonable one (I love the common statement that they can do the defense mission alone and the rest of the team can continue gathering mats....as if completing the objective doesn't end the mission, and as if fighting the husks isn't something people who play this game want to do!). These are the players I report. I do not know if anybody on the Epic side cares or even reads my player feedback, but this type of playing will discourage other players from getting into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Palindrome73 View Post
                              LtMouse, exactly. In another thread, people have actually stated straight out that they would kick people if they were running Outlanders, if they were running Constructors and not actually building the fort, etc. They said it was the purpose of the kick function to kick players who were not playing the 'right way'.

Any sort of Kick option would be bad for the game.

As for the toxic players, I have run into only one AFKer in all my games (lucky me!). My biggest problem with players are those who kick off the objective on day one with no communication. And when you ask why, they act like you are being the unreasonable one (I love the common statement that they can do the defense mission alone and the rest of the team can continue gathering mats....as if completing the objective doesn't end the mission, and as if fighting the husks isn't something people who play this game want to do!). These are the players I report. I do not know if anybody on the Epic side cares or even reads my player feedback, but this type of playing will discourage other players from getting into the game.
                              If I ever have someone kick off the objective without asking I just simply put in the chat. "Dude? Really? Like ask next time!?" And then I proceed to take my sweet time to the objective if I haven't been building around it to protect it XD! They start it off too early so I arrive late to the party that I didn't get a chance to help set up, sounds fair no?

Comment

Working...
                              X