X

Terrain collision issues and impossible to cover Atlas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain collision issues and impossible to cover Atlas

It's impossible to fit any sort of wall, even when it visualy would fit, in place where terrain forms a little hill you can't put anything !

And now we've ran into this : Impossible to cover Atlas, I've never seen such terrible placement for Atlas, you can't block the access to it !

We've ended up wasting 7k materials, building stupidly large box that had to be extended at the end of this little hill and upgraded, just because you can't build anything if there is a slight increase in terrain's heigh.

i totaly agree,it dosent happen everytime,but when it does,**** it consume a lot of ressources to be able to close that thing

Comment

It's easier to just restart the mission when you run into something like that. The amount of time you spend building, upgrading, gathering only to watch whole sections collapse because the spawn changed location makes it too much of a headache to bother with. But if you're the type that thinks it "adds to the challenge" by all means go for it!

Hopefully they take a page from BR's play book and give us the ability to "waste resources" placing walls in the terrain as a foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by kakamouth View Post
        It's easier to just restart the mission when you run into something like that. The amount of time you spend building, upgrading, gathering only to watch whole sections collapse because the spawn changed location makes it too much of a headache to bother with. But if you're the type that thinks it "adds to the challenge" by all means go for it!

Hopefully they take a page from BR's play book and give us the ability to "waste resources" placing walls in the terrain as a foundation.
        You shouldn't be forced to restart a mission.
        The mission should be fixed so t doesn't happen.

Comment

I've never really minded it, just find another way to cover it besides the standard box or pyramid. (personal opinion*)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Last_Paragon View Post
            You shouldn't be forced to restart a mission.
            The mission should be fixed so t doesn't happen.
            You won't get an argument from me but it's a problem with the "procedural generation" that until fixed can be accepted or worked around. I just find working around it less aggravating than trying to work with it.

Originally posted by Nico-Smallfangs View Post
            I've never really minded it, just find another way to cover it besides the standard box or pyramid. (personal opinion*)
            Obviously with the right mixture of bloodshed and profanity it's doable but I've personally seen a few maps similar to what the OP described.

If it only happened at lower levels where you can get by with single thickness defenses I'd be more prone to agree with you but it's not all too uncommon to have 1-2 atlases dropped in indefensible quagmires and have them spaced 3 jump pads apart. Atlases placed next to natural ramps / stairs that prevent construction within 2-3 tiles and leave you with a 1/2 tiles gap for the husks to walk through.

Again, can you cope with it... yes... is it worth it... meh depends entirely on the group. Some groups make the hectic deathfest matches allot of fun.

Comment

Oh it definitely sucks but I always find it able to be managed in some way, at least manageable enough that it doesn't need to be looked at as of now. I'd rather have them fix issues such as the huge stability issues like crashes and lag.

Comment

I enjoy the challenge. Had a couple now. Creative use of traps sorts it out.

Comment

Or even better they could let us use the same building that BR gets. You are allowed place walls half in the ground like that to cover up smaller gaps in your walls.

Comment

So I've had the same issue as Op before, I know it sucks but the ai isn't intelligent they have a very simple approach which is go for the easiest way to the objective, not look for the forts weakest point and topple the structure (would make floating atals's super scary to defend). The way to go here would've been to extend the floor pieces over the natural stairway until it covers it and then use walls to cover the remaining holes. The husks will walk right over the makeshift cover and head to the pyramid. I know its annoying but it isn't gamebreaking, it maybe costs you 10 of your build limit.

Comment

We should just be able to place build sections that clip into the terrain like BR.

Comment

Working...
                      X