X

See Bots die unfairly on Repair Shelter missions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See Bots die unfairly on Repair Shelter missions

It’s difficult to defend See Bots during Repair Shelter missions when Husks spawn right on top of them, immediately damaging the bot. You can build the smallest room around See Bot and the spawn points are so close the Husks spawn inside of it. Makes no sense how a Bot dies when the four wall tiles and single ceiling tile are still intact. The spawn points need to be further away please.
    Last edited by Pjthines; 12-27-2017, 05:15 AM.

The thing is, there was a patch a couple months ago where they increased our heroes health, and increased the damage husks do per hit to balance it ( but lowered their attack speed), but See-bots and survivors remained the same. That's why sometimes there is no hope saving them.

I don't know if this was intended, or to be fixed, but for now you don't really need to defend see-bot and can just look for the modules. Unless he spawns really close to you and can get there early.

Comment

Originally posted by marshqq View Post
      The thing is, there was a patch a couple months ago where they increased our heroes health, and increased the damage husks do per hit to balance it ( but lowered their attack speed), but See-bots and survivors remained the same. That's why sometimes there is no hope saving them.

I don't know if this was intended, or to be fixed, but for now you don't really need to defend see-bot and can just look for the modules. Unless he spawns really close to you and can get there early.
      I agree, by the time See-Bot is done seeing, the team as a whole could of found almost all of the modules by the time the first attack wave is triggered!

Comment

Honestly, with the recent changes made to the mission, getting those modules has become very, perhaps too, easy. The teams I have been on usually do not even bother with SEEBot and we often get almost all the modules before the first wave hits. Leave one person behind to finish the base and the other three run around, and you get them all quickly.

Comment

With a builder's bait you can still reach seebot and get the husk away from him. Even on the other side of the map. I did

Comment

I agree it’s not so difficult finding the modules without See Bot’s help if you have a full team. But my original post comes from a place of frustration because I had just completed a match where two people left after looting, leaving a Ninja, I think, to build while I searched for the modules myself and tried to save three See Bots in a row that each died from Husks spawn-damaging the Bots. Needless to say, defending them was a waste of time, materials and ammo. And trying to find that last module solo meant we had to survive two or three raids before it was found. I don’t think I typically have complaints about the game, but the recent random lagging that has sent my character to multiple early deaths over the edge of the map while searching for nuts & bolts and this spawn-damaging fiasco while defending See Bots just wears on my patience, lol.
            Last edited by Pjthines; 12-27-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I agree with everything being said here. I think Repair The Shelter is one of the hardest missions to do while with randomers. The lack of co-ordination is real. But yeah, with a decent full team you can complete the mission quite easily without the bots help. But when I first came to this mission type, I failed 5 times before successful because of teams not helping. The bot would have helped me somewhat but I feel like he does die really quickly. Ah well, for now, I'm just avoiding that mission type as best as I can.

Comment

Before the Shelter changes for Seebots I recall having a moment where our T2 steel 1x1 cube was being demolished by Husks spawning too close. Seriously Husks were spawning right next to the Seebot that they were destroying the walls and dying almost immediately upon spawning sometimes. I've only seen this once but I rarely played Shelter missions so I don't know. Okay so post-patch on Shelter I haven't seen this but yea Husks are despawning the moment they get close to the Seebot despite not getting past the wall. I've starting placing half Floor tiles around the seebot to prevent that specific issue you're having with.

Comment

• Pjthines
                  Pjthines commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ll try that. Thanks for the tip.
              Working...
              X