Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flowers - Fiberous Herbs - various improvement suggestions.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming for herbs is honestly frustrating due to the fact that you can't guarantee to get the herb rather than random things or flowers. There are plenty of ways to improve this experience.

1. Make certain plants have a 100% chance of giving these herbs - similar to dog houses giving bacon.
    2. Make the "search" speed of plants increased to slightly reduce the grind of gathering them. (The search speed of everything else is fine - but the random nature of these make it annoying to take that long just to get ammo, etc.)
    3. Make new home base schematics that let you set up stations that "farm" resources for you - but they can get attacked and destroyed during SSD. This is my favorite option.
    4. Allow the rewards of expeditions to be a bit more target-able. Need herbs? Send some heroes out to collect them specifically.

I agree with your 2nd point for sure!
    ACspartan31
    Xbox One S

Comment

1. Mushrooms always give fiberous herbs I believe. (Could be wrong)

All these suggestions are neat ways to decrease grind time on herbs. Honestly though I'd be happy if they simply raised the number you get when searching plants in higher zone. Like 1 in Stonewood, 2 in Plankerton, 3 In Canny, 4 in Twine so that the higher level you are the easier you can farm a common crafting material.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico-Smallfangs View Post
        1. Mushrooms always give fiberous herbs I believe. (Could be wrong).
        See now that's funny, because I tend to over look the mushrooms most often when I'm hunting. I'll have to check that out.

and yea, increased gains on each map would also be really awesome.

Comment

I agree it would be nice to have some kind of daily farm at each of your bases for specific materials. Every day once a day each base can give you say 50-99 of a resource but once a week you have to do a little defense thing to keep it going.

Comment

I feel like I've had the same idea and I completely understand what you're getting at. I think the "search" interaction speed should vary depending on the size/ rarity/ and level of the area or object. For example, why does it take like 8 seconds to search a toolbox and 8 seconds to farm a plant the size of my shoe for resources, or a bin the size of a truck for bricks.

Comment

Mushrooms and Backyard Gardens ( Looks like Giant Spinach ) are both great places to farm Fibrous herbs.
              With that said - best place to farm will always be Forests in terms of this particular resource.

Comment

Working...
              X