X

More automated backpacking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More automated backpacking

For me the constant backpack organising i'm doing when at its fulliest is an annoying time consuming bore, more so when against a timer..

My suggestion is too have a backpack robot of sorts, where in you set the maximum amount of a particular item you want too hold, once this limit is reached anymore that is added to it, this lil robot throws it back out of the backpack.. I'd even accept this robot consuming space within the backpack itself.

Thanks

Interesting idea. Probably 10% of the time I've spent in this game is dumping Wooden Planks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
      Interesting idea. Probably 10% of the time I've spent in this game is dumping Wooden Planks.
      yep exactly it, as well as the other usual suspects.. but in general all the crafting items tend too just build up, getting from 1 stack, too 2 stacks and before you know it like with nuts and bolts you have like 10 spaces taken up

Further refining could include rejecting weapons and traps by their rarity or evolution.. am level 38, so the need for a copper item at times is nearly redundant (have a couple of trap schematics using rusty mechanical parts) but if i really needed a dose of these could revisit stonewood and harvest metal their and get rusty parts at the same time.

Perhaps an all together different way if its too much server load, is too allocate the amount of slots for each section of the backpack, that way you at least don't get one over running another.
      Last edited by FKingKrazyman; 12-28-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Perhaps you can manage pre-game how much you want to hold of a certain resource, in the resources section actually.

An easier thing to do (I think) is to increase the maximum capacity a single stack can hold, which is currently 99. I suppose 999 would discourage scavenging somewhat, but in things like StS especially, I find myself using 100+ planks. Which means I need probably 3 or so stacks. Which takes up inventory space. I also don't like to ditch resources, even the common ones. It feels as though all of my hard effort mining has been lost in that moment.

I'm unsure if Storm Shield slots allow you to store crafting items and use them but that should be the case. i.e you have a stack of 99 planks in the Storm Shield Storage, but no planks on hand. You should imo be allowed to use those resources to craft. I don't think this should be the same for Wood/Stone/Metal though. I feel like these materials should be consistently encouraged to be obtained through mining and such.

I just think overall something should be done about resource management and backpack inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Corbey_ View Post
          Perhaps you can manage pre-game how much you want to hold of a certain resource, in the resources section actually.

An easier thing to do (I think) is to increase the maximum capacity a single stack can hold, which is currently 99. I suppose 999 would discourage scavenging somewhat, but in things like StS especially, I find myself using 100+ planks. Which means I need probably 3 or so stacks. Which takes up inventory space. I also don't like to ditch resources, even the common ones. It feels as though all of my hard effort mining has been lost in that moment.

I'm unsure if Storm Shield slots allow you to store crafting items and use them but that should be the case. i.e you have a stack of 99 planks in the Storm Shield Storage, but no planks on hand. You should imo be allowed to use those resources to craft. I don't think this should be the same for Wood/Stone/Metal though. I feel like these materials should be consistently encouraged to be obtained through mining and such.

I just think overall something should be done about resource management and backpack inventory.
          yeah i tend too hold onto what ive got in me backpack for as long as possible, till at least something better starts coming along.. like i've now ditched a whole stack of copper ore, for the Malachite ore that i've just started coming across.

You can store whateva is in your backpack into the storm shield storage, with an added bonus of storing multiple stacks of wood, stone and metal.. i have like 5 stacks of metal in mine, so when it comes time too build defenses am well prepared..

But yeah defo better management, this auto pick up, needs an auto blocker as well, for **** you really don't want too take with you

Comment

If not all stacks increased atleast some should be like planks, N&B, rough stone. 999 may be overkill but 200 would be alot better. Where we are now if you dump like 5-10 stacks of planks you have them back again within 2 matches.

Comment

My suggestion is an auto recycle option. Set by rarity, power level, or both. Pick up something below those requirements, and it auto recycles it. No more looking for green or grey traps to dump or break down.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
                !!! I need those planks! I'm always out!

but yea - the **** you get from gathering bricks is what I toss the most.

Comment

Working...
                X