Where's my compensation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's my compensation?

So, some players got a compensation package for "lost items". How was it determined who would receive compensation? I used the menu option to move inventory around, what if I didn't realize something got lost? Yet, my son who I play with and didn't file a "lost items report" received 5,000 V-Bucks and a bank full of every tier of materials.

What gives? There's no way people could have lost that much stuff. This is ridiculous! I paid for my son's account, I should have gotten the compensation. LOL

I've lost several full stacks of resources and got wrongfully upgraded weapon types due to bugs and I have yet to be compensated either.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyvian View Post
      So, some players got a compensation package for "lost items". How was it determined who would receive compensation? I used the menu option to move inventory around, what if I didn't realize something got lost? Yet, my son who I play with and didn't file a "lost items report" received 5,000 V-Bucks and a bank full of every tier of materials.

What gives? There's no way people could have lost that much stuff. This is ridiculous! I paid for my son's account, I should have gotten the compensation. LOL
      Not really sure who is the child and who is the adult from that kind of whinny post.

You don't need to file a "report" for compensation.
      They just had to check which accounts were empty on any level beyond 1 after the time it happened.
      Basically it is just a server side script that can easily be done on the backend without needing user input.

Comment

The compensation was for a faulty node that caused inventory/storage to become wiped. Not for the loss of items caused by the out-of-mission Backpack glitch a few weeks ago (which they've taken care of already).
        Fortnite stats || Fortnite guide

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeder91<NL> View Post
          The compensation was for a faulty node that caused inventory/storage to become wiped. Not for the loss of items caused by the out-of-mission Backpack glitch a few weeks ago (which they've taken care of already).
          And that didn't happen to him. So, again, how did they determine who got compensated?

Comment

There's plenty of these cases, I personally know two people who weren't even playing PVE at all and still got 50$ worth of V-bucks that they were never eligible for.
            Epic has screwed over everyone who wasn't "lucky" enough to lose their inventory because all they have lost are essentially crafting items. Those affected got way OVERcompensated as far as crafting materials go, which would be fine with me. But why give them v-bucks? As far as I know noone has lost their survivors, heroes or schematics... just already crafted items. (exception being some people who actually did lose v-bucks...)

The problem starts when they choose to give out 5000+ v-bucks often to people who were not affected by the bug at all. Complete and utter disrespect to all paying customers who paid for v-bucks previously.

Oh you heard about the bug and chose not to play that day to avoid it? Well screw you, now everyone who did play that day has progressed WAY ahead of you for free.
            Not to mention people who were affected by the bug and didn't get any compensation whatsoever, still.

If you wanna compensate wiped inventories, hand out crafting materials, loads of them. Hell even go ahead and give them evolution materials that are not even stored in inventory.
            But if you wanna hand out 50$+ worth of currency, give that to everyone or noone. Even the scumbags from Kakao games (BDO) understand this and if I log into BDO now after many months, I guarantee you Ill have full mail of all kinds of compensation packs for server issues despite the fact I haven't even logged in for months...

This is basic common sense.. how are you gonna judge who deserves the compensation... based on who was online? What if prior to logging in the rest of my group tells me on Discord that there's a bug going on and that we're gonna wait for a fix and rather play a different game tonight, try Fortnite again tomorrow? That means no compensation for me because I didn't log in? Meanwhile people who only bought StW or got a code from someone and all they do is pick up the login reward every day for some extra v-bucks to use in BR and who had no intentory to lose in the first place now run around with 5k+ v-bucks. Logic lvl 9001.
            Sad.
            Last edited by Voidq; 12-31-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Last_Paragon View Post

Not really sure who is the child and who is the adult from that kind of whinny post.

You don't need to file a "report" for compensation.
              They just had to check which accounts were empty on any level beyond 1 after the time it happened.
              Basically it is just a server side script that can easily be done on the backend without needing user input.
              But none of the glitches were triggered on his account. So, I guess their script was wrong...

Look I'm happy someone in my household got it. The three of us will all benefit from it (except for the V-Bucks). He has plenty of materials for tiers people aren't even getting yet, so we'll be ahead when the time comes.

My "whinny post" is in regards to the continued failure to think through what Epic is doing and executing properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyvian View Post
                My "whinny post" is in regards to the continued failure to think through what Epic is doing and executing properly.
                Welcome to the Internet. Whenever simpletons disagree with what you said or fail to get the point, it means you are "salty" or "whining" in their little minds.

Comment

I don't know how their system works, but if connecting to the game routes you to one of their game servers/nodes, if they log which server you are routed to, they could simply be compensating everyone who connected with that server/node during the time period problems were known to be occurring, to ensure that anyone even potentially affected by the equipment problem winds up in a better situation than if nothing had happened. That's good customer service, because you want any mistakes you make to be opportunities to show the customer that not only will you make it up to them, but that it's a GOOD thing when they make a mistake because they'll turn it into a bonus for you. It is similar to when some grocery stores will give you an item for free if they charged you the wrong amount for it initially, rather than just giving you the difference.

Now, while it sucks to miss out on things, and feel left out, if you didn't ever get routed to the bad server/node then you just aren't entitled to anything at all. They may not know exactly what was lost or how people were affected, so they had to give heavy compensation just in case. But if you didn't lose anything, there's nothing to compensate (or overcompensate). It would be like asking that grocery store to give the same item for free to every customer in line, even if they didn't buy one. While it would be nice, it's really boils down to an unjustified sense of entitlement if you're insisting that you be compensated for an issue that had nothing to do with you.

If you DID lose inventory, then by all means report it through a bug report and maybe they can help you out. If not, then it's probably not healthy to let jealousy or fear of missing out to get the better of you. At least not over some virtual currency.

Comment

I've spent a ton of money on this game personally...I know of several people that complained about the loot just to get what everyone else got...over compensation...they got the package...I did not loose all of my items...but the fact that friends who have not spent a dime to play and don't play pve got a compensation package is wrong...in my opinion...supposedly the way to check was failsafe...but was not...should I complain even if I don't have a problem? Just to get rewards for something that never occurred? I have lost countless weapons and materials due to the change of day lag and player joining lag..."hey I'm along the edge"..."hey, now I'm dead and my weapon that I got from a friend is gone"...I've still stuck with the game because I enjoy it...some players enjoyed 7000 vbucks because they were lucky enough to be on while the dilemma took place...and others because they followed the guidelines to complain...I've had 30 login days...I'm power level 53 in a 64+ main quest line. For being an honest customer, I feel that I've been slighted.
                    For all of you fan boys that want to Trump this post, I'm not asking for compensation for anything...I just want to know why the compensation package wasn't global and for pve only. It hardly seems fair to give $70 in-game currency to one player and not another...

Comment

Originally posted by nt82777 View Post
                      I don't know how their system works, but if connecting to the game routes you to one of their game servers/nodes, if they log which server you are routed to, they could simply be compensating everyone who connected with that server/node during the time period problems were known to be occurring, to ensure that anyone even potentially affected by the equipment problem winds up in a better situation than if nothing had happened. That's good customer service, because you want any mistakes you make to be opportunities to show the customer that not only will you make it up to them, but that it's a GOOD thing when they make a mistake because they'll turn it into a bonus for you. It is similar to when some grocery stores will give you an item for free if they charged you the wrong amount for it initially, rather than just giving you the difference.

Now, while it sucks to miss out on things, and feel left out, if you didn't ever get routed to the bad server/node then you just aren't entitled to anything at all. They may not know exactly what was lost or how people were affected, so they had to give heavy compensation just in case. But if you didn't lose anything, there's nothing to compensate (or overcompensate). It would be like asking that grocery store to give the same item for free to every customer in line, even if they didn't buy one. While it would be nice, it's really boils down to an unjustified sense of entitlement if you're insisting that you be compensated for an issue that had nothing to do with you.

If you DID lose inventory, then by all means report it through a bug report and maybe they can help you out. If not, then it's probably not healthy to let jealousy or fear of missing out to get the better of you. At least not over some virtual currency.
                      i agree with the grocery store line scenario...but...what if they gave %30 of the people in line money they never spent? And you just happened to be a part of the %70 that didn't get anything for simply standing in line WAITING while they sorted out how the pay the rest...even though your buggy has $1000 worth of groceries in it...and the guy behind you purchasing a pack of gum got the refund...

Comment

You're missing the point, completely. Noone complains about the fact that people are getting compensated. Hardly anyone would complain about people (even the unaffected) getting crafting materials that they've lost in form of all the already crafted items in their inventory.
                        The problem is Epic handing out in some cases, reportedly, upwards of 70$ worth of v-bucks for free to people who were never eligible for it. That's a major slap in the face for all paying customers, period.

"just a virtual currency" - that translates direcly to real life currency, yeah.

Also if you wanna go ahead and make a real life store example, at least make it accurate. This is more like: Store that offers their own prepaid currency loses part of their database with 1000 accounts in it. Then like a good customer friendly store they are, they want to compensate people by giving them more prepaid currency than they couldve possibly had on their accounts. But they screw up and only compensate 800 of the people who were affected and also 200 people who were not affected at all and didn't lose anything. Seems all fair and okay to you? Not to mention that FN is not a store anyone can walk in, it's more like a club with membership cost ranging from 20$ (on sale) to 250$ (ultimate edition) and as such you'd expect a fair treatment of all the club members, no?
                        Last edited by Voidq; 01-01-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

We will just have to agree to disagree. Because it's clear that you're highly concerned with fairness, if fairness means you get what they gave someone else. If everyone is given stuff for free, one could argue those who WERE negatively affected are now again at the same disadvantage - because everyone got the same compensation, but they actually lost items while everyone else didn't.

And yes it's only a virtual currency, because you can't cash in vbucks. It doesn't matter what it costs to buy them, you can't convert them to cash. They can't be traded either. So they only have value as they relate to playing the game. You spend real money to buy Monopoly money too, but once you buy it there's no cash value.

Also, to answer your question, yes I think it's fair to only compensate those who were potentially negatively affected. I don't care if extra people were compensated, because that's a bonus for them, but this isn't a PVP game so there's no reason for a bonus for someone else to automatically become a bonus for me. Hey, I would love the extra vbucks, don't get me wrong. But I won't complain that I am somehow entitled to them if I am not affected by the node failure, nor will I make a petulant claim that I somehow deserve it, when I never suffered any of the setbacks the compensation was intended to offset.

Comment

We will just have to agree to disagree. Because it's clear that you're highly concerned with fairness, if fairness means you get what they gave someone else. If everyone is given stuff for free, one could argue those who WERE negatively affected are now again at the same disadvantage - because everyone got the same compensation, but they actually lost items while everyone else didn't.

And yes it's only a virtual currency, because you can't cash in vbucks. It doesn't matter what it costs to buy them, you can't convert them to cash. They can't be traded either. So they only have value as they relate to playing the game. You spend real money to buy Monopoly money too, but once you buy it there's no cash value.

Also, to answer your question, yes I think it's fair to only compensate those who were potentially negatively affected. I don't care if extra people were compensated, because that's a bonus for them, but this isn't a PVP game so there's no reason for a bonus for someone else to automatically become a bonus for me. Hey, I would love the extra vbucks, don't get me wrong. But I won't complain that I am somehow entitled to them if I am not affected by the node failure, nor will I make a petulant claim that I somehow deserve it, when I never suffered any of the setbacks the compensation was intended to offset.
                            ...aaand you still don't get the point.
                            Sure it's fine compensating all the people who were "possibly" affected by the bug... compensate, well **** it, OVERcompensate them with all the items they could've possibly lost - crafting materials, NOT v-bucks.
                            If you still can't see why Epic handing out thousands of v-bucks to people who never lost any v-bucks, or never lost anything at all, or better, never even played a single PVE mission, is a problem... then there's no hope for you, but that's okay, you blend right in.

Let me take a wild guess, you're a freeloader who got a StW code for free and got compensated for nothing on top of it. Or alternatively all your FN purchases were made with your mom's credit card so that you don't really expect anything in return and don't mind being disrespected by the company you supported as they hand out thousands of v-bucks to random people while you had to pay for em, as it was not your money anyway.
                            Last edited by Voidq; 01-01-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

The Vbuck compensation is why I will never purchase Vbucks from Epic again. Giving $70 worth of Vbucks to people who were not affected in any way, shape, or form is well over the top for those of us that have paid lots of money for the game itself (highest package) as well as many Vbuck purchases.

They royally screwed the pooch by letting it happen in the first place without appropriate backups/rollbacks and then they majorly screwed up with the compensation. Materials well over player levels is one thing, and really, anyone can and will get materials in time. Giving out currency that was NOT LOST by anyone and in the amount they gave is a big middle finger to everyone else.

Here are two examples of other recent issues that players got nothing.

Players stuck on Clear quest for a week unable to progress (with no mention at all from Epic other than we are looking into it)
                              Players losing legendary transform schematics due to the game using the wrong one (still happens)

So yes, people who got left out of compensation are salty. They are ****** off they have put up with bug after bug after crash after crash for this game only to be left out of the jackpot of all compensation packages.

Again, if you left the Vbucks out of it since nobody lost purchased items or Vbcuks, this would not be much of an issue. Going way overboard with this compensation has turned many players extremely ******.
                              Last edited by PyxyStyx; 01-03-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X