X

More guns that use heavy ammo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More guns that use heavy ammo

I don't know if this is in the work or has been suggested already. But I think the game needs more guns that use heavy ammo, I think right now there are about 3 or 4 guns that use heavy ammo? I've noticed in my matches that heavy ammo is all over the place as if everyone is full of them because they don't have or use a gun that uses heavy ammo. So here's to hoping we get more gun variety for heavy ammo usage.

I would agree. There seems to be very few decent weapons that use heavy ammo. I'm always using shotgun ammo or light bullets.... but very little in the way of Heavy. Seems like a waste of a resource !!!?

Comment

Apart from only a few weapons using it, the ones that do don't always pierce which is imo the trait heavy ammo should have.
      "Just a little something in times of need." - RaY

Comment

Yeah, it has always boggled me that there aren't more weapons, especially Sniper Rifles that use Heavy Ammo- I mean, shouldn't that be almost all Snipers?

Comment

There's actually a decent amount of Heavy Ammo when you consider it's basically the equivalent to a special ammo type in other games. You don't get a lot of your special weapon and primarily have to use your main weapon which is usually some sort of Assault Rifle which is Light or Medium. Shotguns tend to be more bountiful in a lot of games than other "special" weapons as well so it this makes fair sense to me. Either way ammo type doesn't really change anything the gun is the gun and it simply uses the ammo it uses. By the logic of wanting more Heavy Ammo outside the recent events there were very few options for Energy Cell use, so there very well could be a Heavy Ammo themed event around the corner.

As for piercing there is only 1 piercing heavy ammo weapon I can think (One Shot Sniper/Sunsetter) of the other piercing are medium (Bolt Pistol) and energy (AMR). They Heavy pistols all have high knock back and as I recall they all have the 3.8k range instead of the more common 3.5k pistol range. The Oneshot class of Sniper has the 10k range, so considering there are so few it's hard to draw a conclusion of the primary feature of the Heavy Ammo Weapons but it's safer to say they have increased ranged. 3/3 classes of pistols have increased range and the Heavy Snipers have increased range as well save the new event item which is kind of a special weapon. The heavy ammo weapons also have high per bullet damage or high per bullet damage potential. Judge has a 100% headshot mod and a high base damage, Falcon has a high base damage compared to other pistols as well, and the Piston Spitter make lack damage comparatively but has a higher impact as per the Hydraulic type. The Snipers also have a high per bullet damage potential with a good base damage and a solid headshot modifier. Ralphie's Revenge even follows that with it's extremely high Headshot Mod that more than offsets it's low base damage, but it even maintains decent impact relative to most other snipers.

It's the most expensive basic ammo so it's probably a good thing there aren't more. Only the Bolt Pistol and the Single Shot Rifles IMO should have been heavy ammo, but the Bolt Pistol as it stands would be pretty poor if it used Heavy Ammo it'd need a slight buff for the more expensive ammo type IMO. Bolt Pistol is a make shift pistol assuming it fires bolts or rivets which I believe is the idea behind Piston Spitter and it's Heavy, for the Single Shot Rifle I realize the Ammo Type is Shells and Slugs for Shotgun, but it'd make more sense IMO to make the Slug Gun a Heavy ammo and simply call the Shotgun Ammo Shells, letting Slugs be counted as an unlisted Heavy Ammo variation. Also kind of feel like the Slug Gun should be a Shotgun Class weapon though Raider doesn't need any extra help having access to a solid "long range" shotgun class weapon with her damage potential and I'd miss getting a boost for it with Special Forces it just would make more sense all the same.

Comment

As someone with the sunsetter as favourite weapon. Nooo it saves me sooooo much ammo.. more good weapons with heavy ammo would destroy my eco tactic.

Comment

Working...
            X