X

Set Bonuses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set Bonuses

So I was playing today and I noticed that set bonuses don't act like I thought they did. And I'm probably not the first one to post something like this, but here it is anyway.

First of all the percent bonuses from the sets act just like FORT stats do, when calculating damage. For example the "+40% Base Damage Done" in the picture adds the 40% to the 853% which adds to a total of 893% ranged weapon damage. Now, based on the wording I assume most people to expect that the calculation for damage would be (Base damage)(1+Base Damage Done)(Offense) or (1.4)*(853%)=1,194% ranged weapon damage. This real stat is less than 25% of the expected 40%.

Rant

Spoiler

Either set bonuses should act as expected, or scale with level and rarity of each survivor ie. increase bonus stat by x% of each individual survivors' power if they're in a set.

its not 853% its just +853

Comment

The_Last_Paragon

wait are you saying a FORT stat that buffs offense by 853 doesnt make the bullet deal 853% of it original damage but instead adds a flat 853 damage?

Because if so, does that mean all low damage but high fire rate items are OP?

Also shameless plug check out my post I may add this to the list! https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...t-with-context

Comment

Originally posted by DaylightV View Post
        The_Last_Paragon

wait are you saying a FORT stat that buffs offense by 853 doesnt make the bullet deal 853% of it original damage but instead adds a flat 853 damage?

Because if so, does that mean all low damage but high fire rate items are OP?

Also shameless plug check out my post I may add this to the list! https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...t-with-context

No damage is calculated shown is per second not per bullet.
        So all weapons will scale the same.

That is why percentage stat buffs make a huge difference.

Comment

The set bonuses trip people up because it says 5% "base" damage. Well, base damage is 100. So you are gaining, quite literally, 5 offense points. At a lower level, that might be significant. But you will quickly outgrow the point where that's a significant number. If you are expecting that the set bonus will make you hit 5% harder, it will NOT, unless your offense rating was 100.

Example: I am power level 78. I have 1653 ranged offense. I equip 3 survivors for ranged damage bonus. I now have 1658 ranged offense. At power level 78, that set bonus gives me about a .3% damage increase. Did you catch that? The set bonus is less than a third of 1%. And this will become even less significant as my level continues to rise and my offensive power increases. So while set bonuses are worth grabbing if you can without sacrificing elsewhere, it's certainly not worth a whole lot in and of itself. It's definitely better to slot your higher quality survivors with the correct personality bonuses, than it is to slot for ranged/melee damage bonuses.

I think it should be a lot more clear what the set bonus actually does, and I think it would be really nice if it were re-worked to actually scale somewhat. Perhaps these bonuses should be a flat 1% damage increase that's applied to your entire offensive rating, with a cap of 10%. That way you would see it's only a 1% damage increase, but it really would be a 1% increase in ranged/melee damage as opposed to not having the set bonus.

Comment

The set bonuses add directly to your FORT Stats, there's a myriad of things going on with damage calcs. Set bonuses don't trip people up since it's been long known that they additive with the FORT Stats and hence aren't important, Shields and Health work the same way as offense. It's been long known that most important when trying to maximize your effectiveness is the power of the survivors themselves. They give do give 5% the FORT stats are in percent if you have 1653 and went to 1658 that is 5% you're literally complaining about nothing. Read the description of your FORT stats sometime. Offense increase the damage of Ranged and Melee by 1% per point, adding 5 to that is 5%. It never once says that it's multiplicative after all other bonuses like you'e wanting it to be.

Importance of squads
            1) Matching the Leader if and only if that leader is of a high rarity else Rarity of the Survivor is more important
            2) Rarity of the Survivor
            3) Set Bonuses

Squad Leader
            1) Matching the personality of the appended squad members if and only if the leader is of a high rarity
            2) Matching the correct job\

The benefit of matching personalities improves with the rarity of your leader Mythic being the highest bonus of course and thus will outweigh the actual benefit of matching the job they're supposed to be on which merely increases the leader's personal power. While Mythics have higher power here than a legendary unlike in Heroes when a mythic has the same stats as a legendary mythic leads are actually objectively better, but come with fixed personalities that you can get for each job. Each job has 3 mythics that means there are a maximum of 3 personalities to choose from for each job, depending on how your survivors fall you may not be able to match personalities of a Mythic leader in the job you actually want and may be relegated to using lower rarity. The differences in Legendary Bonuses vs Mythic Bonuses from matching personality isn't that large, but it adds up however Mythics have the unique disadvantage of reducing power of survivors who don't match their personality though this appears to be a fixed rate of 2 power which translates to a simple loss of 2% or 2 FORT points to those who never sat down and read the description of the stats they're modifying.

You can even see the benefit difference with 3 star Mythic leads and lvl 10 legendary survivors. If you put your lead on the wrong job with a full matching lvl 10 legendary survivor squad your power will be higher than if you take that same Mythic lead on the job they're supposed to be doing to boost their own power but give them a full mismatching team of lvl 10 legendary survivors. This is actually good news as it means those duplicate mythic leads MAY still be useful. Since the matching personality appears to be a percent of the survivor's power even a legendary at the proper job is worse than a mythic lead at the wrong job assuming your squad's personalities matches

And further more for you're opening complaint post wanting it to be multiplicative that wouldn't be 40% BASE either it'd be 40% multiplicative with other bonuses if you had 100 Fort stats which is +100% Base damage 40% multiplicative with that would turn a 100 damage gun which should do (Base x ((100 + FORT + Squad Bonus)/100) into (Base x ((100 + FORT)/100) x ((100 + Squad Bonus)/100) the damages are a far cry from each other 240 vs 280 that'd mean your 40% is actually 80% of your base damage, but you still wouldn't be satisfied with that given your complaint you want it to apply after characters perks as well and essentially want everything to be straight multiplicative which would start to build up ridiculous damages to the point of trivialization. Your complaint wanting it to be multiplicative and trying to claim it's deceitful comes from not being able to read. It clearly says BASE damage done it doesn't say 40% Ranged Damage like you're claiming it does and the picture even sits there proving you simply didn't read or can't comprehend what Base means. It's fine as it is and it's not deceptive to anybody that takes the time to read the bonus, read the description of Fort stats, and can comprehend what it means. A better solution would be to just say it increases damage leave off percents entirely never tell people how much so it doesn't confuse people like you and threads like this wouldn't exist from a lack of understanding whining that the stat is wrong or misleading when it's the reader not the description or the bonus.

Tl;Dr
            Your complaint stems from your own ignorance, it does what it claims to do in black and white. 40% base is the same as adding 40 to your FORT stats it's not the same as trying to make it a multiplicative bonus as you are trying from your lack of understanding. FORT stats modify BASE stats, the squad bonus modifies BASE stats .'. they're additive and it's right there in both descriptions that it modifies BASE stats.

Since everything apparently needs to be spelled out for you squad bonus is converted into a numerical value like the FORT stat simply to use the same numbers you can also convert the FORT stat into a percentage before the equation, but that might be too hard for you apparently.
            Base x ((100 + FORT stat + Squad Bonus)/100) = Ranged Damage (Note: Damage on the weapon, and perks on characters are calculated differently, but if you're struggling with the simply FORT Stat math there's no reason to put all the potential bonuses into the equation.)

Comment

You should really avoid insulting people. Especially people that actually DO know exactly how the system works. I suppose you missed the part that I didn't just suggest it be clarified, I suggested that it be reworked so that it:
              A.) scales, and B.) is actually worth using.
              You know, like feedback. In a feedback forum.
              I could spell that out for you the way you condescendingly tried to spell things out for me (that I already knew), but I would never presume to do so pompous a thing. Have a nice day.

Comment

Dwlr
                I never knew offense also said "Base Damage Done"... oh wait it doesn't. That's why, if you read my post I put "based on the wording". Maybe you should take your own advice and read the descriptions. Also your Tl;Dr statement you made is exactly the first thing I covered in my post.
                Last edited by ScorpioEric; 01-04-2018, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nt82777 View Post
                  The set bonuses trip people up because it says 5% "base" damage. Well, base damage is 100. So you are gaining, quite literally, 5 offense points. At a lower level, that might be significant. But you will quickly outgrow the point where that's a significant number. If you are expecting that the set bonus will make you hit 5% harder, it will NOT, unless your offense rating was 100.
                  So would the idea be to go for the Set bonuses early, but then switch over to matching the personalities for the Raw stats instead?

Comment

Originally posted by sXeth View Post

So would the idea be to go for the Set bonuses early, but then switch over to matching the personalities for the Raw stats instead?
                    Go for the quality and personalities, but set bonuses aren't the focus. You can take them if they are available, but don't slot poorer quality unmatched survivors to pick them up. 5 points of a survivor's level in an offense slot is just as good as the set bonus, without being limited to ranged/melee. The set bonuses will never be of particular importance, unless they are re-worked in the future. Personally I slotted for a lot of trap durability increases.

Comment

Working...
                    X