Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewards for those who do not take part in missions!!

Collapse
X

Rewards for those who do not take part in missions!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewards for those who do not take part in missions!!

I think Epic Games needs to do something about the players who join games and only farm the whole time leaving the others to do all the work. It also prevents someone who might actually help from joining the game. I am getting really tired of going on to maps and watching 1 or more players disregard the mission objectives to just farm materials. So I really think epic needs to add some kind of thing to where you do not take part in the objectives you do not get mission or event awards for said map

There are numerous threads in this forum posted on a daily basis about bad player behaviour, and as far as I'm aware - no official word from Epic as to what they are going to do about it. Today I saw one player who had a ZERO score for Combat, Building and Utility (got a screenshot of it)! I wonder how these people don't get disconnected, as I was under the impression that after 2 minutes of inactivity, the player gets kicked from the game? Short term solution is to start adding people as friends, and only play with them.

It's bad game design when the bad players are given the same rewards as the good players.

Comment

• Mikel64 commented
      Editing a comment
      If they rubber band a controller or twitch every 5-10 minutes they don’t get the boot. I’ve watched players spin in circles an entire match and pull all zeroes. One downside of the score being the measurement is if you get disconnected and rejoin your score is reset to zero, so if no reward no reason to rejoin unless you need that mission completion to advance the story.

its actually around 10mins before you get disconnected.. once i had to go do stuff around the house but my teams mates on Discord were happy to carry me through the mission till i came back... well about 10mins in i heard the game disconnect.. luckily i was able to get back in the game about 30 seconds before the end of the match to collect my loots..

On the other side of things tho.. ive seen people leave matches pretty much right away if they think you are just gathering materials.. kind of annoying im quite happy to do the missions but if noone is there to help.. im gonna go exploring restock my supplies then go do the mission.. people join in see ive spotted the objective but havent started it yet.. notice im on the other side of the map then bail right away really sucks since there are so little players its hard to progress where im currently at.. PL24 Aussie player here..

ive tried that play with others thing a few times.. but as a PL24 and it tosses me into a 40+ zone im really useless or it puts me with noone at all.. the sooner this goes F2P the better...

yep your always gonna have bad players that dont do the objective.. but there does appear to be a thumbs up rating system in the game.. rate the good players and hopefuly it will match you with them more often.. the other guys should hopefuly be matched with other useless players till they get some rating aswell...

Comment

Once again, don't punish the one that farm material but instead fix the issue of the material farming that is insane. It's useless to punish a behavior because people will keep having it. On another hand if you correct what causes the behavior, both sides win.

Comment

• Twizted1976 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes punish them!! The people who farm an enitre map in a public game are jerks. they farm mats while others complete the mission and get rewards for others work when they do nothing at all. There should be an option to kick those players or a way epic prevents them from getting mission rewards. I really dont see what is wrong with the farming in this game. I get plenty of farming in and I help on missions. If you want to farm make a private game and go nuts collecting all the resources you want. Dont come in to a public game and make everyone else do the work for you. Whats the point of the game if you are just going to cheat your way through it

Originally posted by Altan Rapsied View Post
      Once again, don't punish the one that farm material but instead fix the issue of the material farming that is insane. It's useless to punish a behavior because people will keep having it. On another hand if you correct what causes the behavior, both sides win.
      As much as I dislike being used for a free ride, I actually agree with that assessment.

Even if players stop getting mission rewards due to lack of participation we'll still see them in public missions farming... because it's no different than farming on private. Even a kick option wouldn't do much to improve things because that same player type will continue doing it... because again worse case scenario it's still no different than farming on private. We might not be quite as aggravated and some of them might contribute the bare minimum but really nothing would actually change, you'd still be left carrying those individuals through to rewards they don't deserve.

While some people see nothing wrong with the farming required to progress in this game, there are obviously plenty of people who do... or we wouldn't be stuck having these conversations on a daily basis. Me personally, I build the absolute bare minimum and use as few traps as humanly possible to complete a mission, and there are plenty of people that would say that's what I'm supposed to do. But I don't even care how often the objective gets hit anymore just so long as the mission doesn't fail. I bail on missions when the objective is placed somewhere that will require too many traps or too much funneling. I don't typically pay any attention to bonus objectives... my primary concern is getting in and getting out. Now why is any of that the case, because the constant gathering is tedious because the "bonus" rewards don't match the amount of effort or time required to achieve them.

Now maybe, just maybe, if the thumbs up at the end of mission gave us a sizeable bonus to mission rewards or maybe if my personal score was tacked onto the team score for determining chest level or maybe if the constant rain farming lumberjack simulator was toned down a bit more... I'd be more encouraged to do more than toss up a few walls & place more than 8 traps.
      Last edited by kakamouth; 02-02-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I can hold my hands up that on some missions I may look like I am one of these people, I play a mission and build most of a base around the objective, then go into a new mission, I need to farm resources before doing anything mission related so I can help out with a base. I play a constructer 90% of the time so even if I am not building the base I normally go around fully upgrading all the sections, so burn through resources fast.

the only time I farm and don’t attempt to do anything is in a private session, whether solo as a resource hunt or when playing with my friends who are lower levelled, so I am giving them a bit of a boost just being in the level with them, as I voice chat with them and they know that if needed I would come running to help

Comment

Yeah, if the game didn't encourage doing it, people wouldn't do it.

I don't even know why mats carry over between missions, there is literally 0 point in that besides encouraging wasting time on farming (best case scenario in a private game) before you can actually play the game again.

I do enjoy playing Outlander and playing the role of restocking Constructors with looting/farming runs, but I still think that you should just be given an X amount of mats at the start of each mission.

Comment

Originally posted by kakamouth View Post

As much as I dislike being used for a free ride, I actually agree with that assessment.

Even if players stop getting mission rewards due to lack of participation we'll still see them in public missions farming... because it's no different than farming on private. Even a kick option wouldn't do much to improve things because that same player type will continue doing it... because again worse case scenario it's still no different than farming on private. We might not be quite as aggravated and some of them might contribute the bare minimum but really nothing would actually change, you'd still be left carrying those individuals through to rewards they don't deserve.

While some people see nothing wrong with the farming required to progress in this game, there are obviously plenty of people who do... or we wouldn't be stuck having these conversations on a daily basis. Me personally, I build the absolute bare minimum and use as few traps as humanly possible to complete a mission, and there are plenty of people that would say that's what I'm supposed to do. But I don't even care how often the objective gets hit anymore just so long as the mission doesn't fail. I bail on missions when the objective is placed somewhere that will require too many traps or too much funneling. I don't typically pay any attention to bonus objectives... my primary concern is getting in and getting out. Now why is any of that the case, because the constant gathering is tedious because the "bonus" rewards don't match the amount of effort or time required to achieve them.

Now maybe, just maybe, if the thumbs up at the end of mission gave us a sizeable bonus to mission rewards or maybe if my personal score was tacked onto the team score for determining chest level or maybe if the constant rain farming lumberjack simulator was toned down a bit more... I'd be more encouraged to do more than toss up a few walls & place more than 8 traps.

That is total ****. if there is an option to kick then they will not be getting resources and mission rewards while others do the work!! This is a problem that needs to be fixed and soon. There are to many people that put their time into this game and feel robbed when pieces of **** come in and take advantage, A LOT would change if there was an option for kicking jerks out of maps who do not help

Comment

Originally posted by Twizted1976 View Post
              That is total ****. if there is an option to kick then they will not be getting resources and mission rewards while others do the work!! This is a problem that needs to be fixed and soon. There are to many people that put their time into this game and feel robbed when pieces of **** come in and take advantage, A LOT would change if there was an option for kicking jerks out of maps who do not help
              Prior to early access I brought up the question of how are we supposed to deal with trolls and was told I was over reacting because it wont be a common problem... so believe me when I say I understand your frustration. I just think afkers and leachers are a symptom of a larger problem. While kick might help us in the short term it wont actually stop it from happening and I see it being misused just as often as it's put to proper use. Just like kicking people from SSDs during trades has become an issue now we see people inviting others asking for help with the build, then booting them purely because they think it's funny.

Hell, the other night I had a pair of idiots melt down during the defense because I was just standing on the objective plinking blasters & smashers. The go to comment from them was "just wait until kick is added", when that score board rolled around I had more than double their combined scores, but those idiots would have gladly spammed kick votes likely costing me my traps & time. That's the kind of stupid I see springing up along with the addition of vote kicking. So I'd much rather see the problem identified and addressed than have yet another band aid fix added to the game that does nothing to actually solve the problem.

Comment

Adding an option to kick players COULD result in player's deciding to troll one another. However, the team is aware at the amount of players who decide to go AFK during a mission. Please make sure you report any players that are intentionally sabotaging your game play experience by leeching.

http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/cu...ticles/2843190

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Magyst View Post
                  Adding an option to kick players COULD result in player's deciding to troll one another. However, the team is aware at the amount of players who decide to go AFK during a mission. Please make sure you report any players that are intentionally sabotaging your game play experience by leeching.

http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/cu...ticles/2843190

kicking would just add more toxicity to an already troubled community , I suggest an option of future avoiding of any player you are displeased with to put on that "list" and let the game sort it out , might backfire might help, player option and also removing the two minute screen so players can discuss team comp or whatever they want before starting the mission

Comment

I'm torn on this.

What I hate is when people feel like since they decided to do a speed run, that everyone has to do a speed run. I generally assume that we should respect 2-, 3-, 4- day bonus, but that means that you can essentially wait to go to the objective at the turn of the day or shortly before. However, I get alot of people who don't understand this and accuse me of farming when I'm really running around the map to get the explore bonus and do side objectives. If there were a vote-kick, then I worry there would be many cases where I'm forced to speed run and lower my chance at better chests or get kicked.

I like the idea of being able to block people from playing with me in the future. That way I can grow my blocklist of useless players.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustarddog View Post
                      I'm torn on this.

What I hate is when people feel like since they decided to do a speed run, that everyone has to do a speed run. I generally assume that we should respect 2-, 3-, 4- day bonus, but that means that you can essentially wait to go to the objective at the turn of the day or shortly before. However, I get alot of people who don't understand this and accuse me of farming when I'm really running around the map to get the explore bonus and do side objectives. If there were a vote-kick, then I worry there would be many cases where I'm forced to speed run and lower my chance at better chests or get kicked.

I like the idea of being able to block people from playing with me in the future. That way I can grow my blocklist of useless players.
                      Exactly. This is one of the many challenges of working out a better way to handle these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Magyst View Post

Exactly. This is one of the many challenges of working out a better way to handle these situations.
                        It's one of the reasons we really need a way to see in game who has done what in the missions, particularly how many towers, survivors, encampments you've participated in.

I had a time where I have solo'd (as in no one else was in the map) the first 6 survivors then afk'd, come back to 3 extra players and someone having setup a jump spawn trap that sent me over the edge of the map repeatedly and completely destroyed all of my weapons because "I was leeching". I couldn't even do anything about it when I wasn't afk!
                        Last edited by Herbot; 02-12-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

im pretty quick to block people in games... if your annoying by trolling or using foul language or just going AFK on purpose then I will report and block you using xbox services. I feel that Epic should give us the ability to directly report and block a player directly from the game. I know you can report them, but they require you to remember their horrible gamertag name and type it in just to report them and type some **** out. Exactly why do I have to put this much work in when I'm the one being trolled?

Make it simple... when you pull up the player list just add a function to report and block. give a few quick selections on why your reporting them like foul language, trolling, or purposely going AFK. Then epic can check what occurred during that game session and deal with it appropriately. Regardless of how epic deals with the player, they are still blocked and you no longer have to worry about playing with them again. problem solved.

I am not in favor of a kick button because it only leads to trolling. people will kick based on weapons or classes used, or if a player wants to do bluglo sypions before the main mission of the game. NO NO NO... there are better ways of dealing with toxic people. I've just listed one above.

Comment

Working...
                          X