Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewards for those who do not take part in missions!!

Collapse
X

Rewards for those who do not take part in missions!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

If we are going to look at a kick option please can we get a real time view on contribution as generally busy with mission and do not keep track of what people are doing. But we first need to have the map fixed so we can actually see others. If this map issue/tracking is related to the BR cheats please can we disable it in STW till you can fix it without killing the view in STW. Sure most would live with any possible cheating as no real point / advantage in STW.

Comment

I am in favor of a block list where you can choose a player to block and they won't get grouped with you ever again.

Comment

Kicking shouldnt be an option... Personal block lists are fine we need to make more use of the Thumbs up (AND a thumbs DOWN) button...

HOWEVER If Kick is added it also needs to add the person that got kicked to an uneditable list of players that wont be matched up with again (Personal to the kicker).. Trollers will find themselves very lonely after awhile ;)
        ANY buildings and Traps from the Kicked player are removed from the map.. possibility of Refunded back to the kicked player until certain objectives are done (ie 30 seconds before the end of the match... to stop exploits)

Example.
        Person A vote kicks Person B...
        Each Person gets a warning they will not be matched with Person B again if they Vote to kick (possible auto remove from list after a certain time but cannot be done by the player)
        This limits trolling by kicking players for no reason.. and Saves Person B ever being matched with the people that kicked them they wont be matched with trolling players.. or if they are bad themselves they wont be matched with decent players.

Personally i'd love to see the Thumbs up and Down developed more.. possible if people up vote each other they get more Xp for the mission.. The down vote option does need to be tied into the actual achievements done in game.. Example it should be ignored for a player that did the objectives. Example rescued atleast 1/#players of the survivors in a rescue mission (4 out of 16 survivors if there are 4 players) same can be applied for other mission types.. build score for RDL/RTD ect... and Combat score for Habitats...
        If your Rep stat goes down too low you wont be matched with other players.. it will slowly move back towards 0 from both directions

This probably isnt the right time in the games life cycle to add these however.. we are very limited population.. and spread so thinly it would be a bad idea to split people up even more.. (tho an option to block known troll players would be appreciated)

As someone mentioned earlier on in this forum.. part of the problem is the requirement to farm materials if this can be fixed as well some of the problem will go away .. AND make it more interesting for general players.. One solution make farming materials alot faster.. even doubling the resource gain from farming would be a huge difference.. people would be more willing to do missions that require building more often if they didnt feel that resources are so valuable
        Last edited by LjMjollnir; 02-15-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• kakamouth commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a really great twist on the kick feature

• Desie commented
          Editing a comment
          I wholeheartedly agree, and we definitely need a BLOCK function in the meantime. One to block players who leech, sabotage, or afk the wholetime and one to block words from chat like "TRADE, TRAD, TRYDE."

Agree, Kick is a rough idea, but an actual report system that is watched, would be nice.

Comment

its not the people who leech is my problem here its the people who and i am gonna quote this from a game earlier

" help me upgrade the walls" we had 18 minutes till the baloon dropped didn'tr give us even 2 minutes till he shot the baloon down and sayd " no free rider leechers" if the game gives us 20 minutes to defend something people should stop being so bossy and get the stick out of their *** if your in a huge *** rush do the mission by urself.

because if theres 18 minutes left im gonna use 17 to farm resources then appear at the location to build and upgrade to tier 3 its a flawless strategy how i always win in every game so in my eyes leechers are nicer considering i don't need people for most of my missions but to slow down or do solo

Comment

Originally posted by runescaper11 View Post
            its not the people who leech is my problem here its the people who and i am gonna quote this from a game earlier

" help me upgrade the walls" we had 18 minutes till the baloon dropped didn'tr give us even 2 minutes till he shot the baloon down and sayd " no free rider leechers" if the game gives us 20 minutes to defend something people should stop being so bossy and get the stick out of their *** if your in a huge *** rush do the mission by urself.

because if theres 18 minutes left im gonna use 17 to farm resources then appear at the location to build and upgrade to tier 3 its a flawless strategy how i always win in every game so in my eyes leechers are nicer considering i don't need people for most of my missions but to slow down or do solo
            You can't shoot the balloon until 8 minutes remain.

Comment

Not seeing leechers near as often in Canny as I did in prior zones. Is this an issue that fades as progress is made?

Comment

Originally posted by sowhereaminow View Post
                Not seeing leechers near as often in Canny as I did in prior zones. Is this an issue that fades as progress is made?
                Not really, I get it in spurts... I have gone a week without a single player pulling the afk nonsense then had a day with 1-2 every other mission. It also depends allot on your definition of leacher, people only helping when it's time to shoot is a constant. I also see scoreboards with folks that finish the match without breaking 1k in any of the categories fairly regularly. I also run into low power players that try their best but contribute very little regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by sowhereaminow View Post

Oh it happens in Canny. I just had the pleasure of a lvl 46 player in a level 58 zone sat next to the Storm chest for 8 minutes spamming comms for everyone to come and help him/her get the loot because obviously he/she was incapable of clearing the event themselves. At this point there was 1 of 3 radar towers built. Pointing out that it would be better to meet the mission requirement then do extras lead to more comms spamming, but this time that I am a "noob". I must be, imagine wanting to secure the objective instead of leeching from others.

But I'm glad you're having better luck with the players your matched with, and I hope it continues.

Originally posted by kakamouth View Post

I also run into low power players that try their best but contribute very little regularly.
                  This is the bigger problem in Canny Valley sadly.

Comment

• kakamouth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Continues into Twine I assure you.

• Terra05 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I feared as much. I'm dragging my heels anyway until I can gain enough survivors to be sufficiently leveled anyway, so it will take a while to get there.
                Working...
                X