How do you get a refund?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get a refund?

I am one of the unlucky people that wasn't paying attention when I linked my Epic account to my xbox live account. I e-mail customer support last week and haven't gotten a response about the issue. After doing a little forums digging it looks like the only way for me to be able to resolve this issue is to request a refund, create a new Epic account.... which would involve me creating a new email address because you can't connect one email to two accounts and then repurchasing the game on that account so I can finally play..... As ridiculous as it sounds that's apparently how you have to do it. So, any Idea on how to request a refund???

Hey Whopper! Let's see if we can get customer service involved before we do a refund.

Did you receive any ticket number or reference number when you emailed customer service the first time?

if not.. submit a request here: http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com and let me know the ticket number :)

Comment

Fill in this form: http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/cu...tal/emails/new

Once you select your Game Mode and Platform, you can choose "Linked account issue" from the issues list.

You might be waiting a while due to their huge support ticket backlog but it's your best option at getting a relevant response. Refunding might not be the only/best way, but they will advise you I'm sure. I had to wait 2 weeks for a response in my two dealings with their support.

Comment

Yeah, support is SUPER backed up at the moment. I was hoping he had a support ticket number so that I could see if there is an ETA on it. You can definitely fill out the link that Vandragorax posted. However, this MAY not be necessary. I need to get CS involved first :)

Comment

Case #1775409

This is the only thing I see in the email that might be what you are talking about Magyst.

Comment

Any luck [EPIC] Magyst ??

Comment

Great, thanks! I've escalated that over to them. :) They should be able to get you taken care of.

Comment

wow multiple posts from an epic dev trying to help, next pigs are going to fly.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the quick response Magyst!!

Comment

ummm.... They did exactly what I didn't want them to do.... They gave me a refund and told me to make another account....

Comment

FEB 05, 2018 | 10:56AM EST
                      Thy Rosen replied:

Hello Mike,

Thanks for contacting Epic Games Player Support.

I understand from your email that you have accidentally linked your Xbox and PC accounts when you made your purchase of a Founder’s Pack, and as a result, you are now locked to the Xbox platform. I am very sorry you have experienced this issue, and unfortunately the only way to play on the PC platform would be to create a new account, and purchase a Founder’s Pack for this new account. Please also bear in mind that you would need to use a new email address and display name.

To this end, I have refunded your purchase and you will be able to purchase the Super Deluxe pack again on your new account.

I apologise again for the inconvenience, and if you have any other questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards

Thy Rosen
                      Player Support
                      http://epicgames.com

This is what you call customer service? Not sure how getting CS involved changed anything... I was hoping to avoid this at all cost because I'm not going to create another account.... That's why I asked you guys to disconnect my account from x-box.. This is a great way to lose customers

Comment

• NokarStormBlade commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That CS message is mindblowing. I have never seen CS in any game blow off a players problems like that before (atleast you got the refund).

Hey Whopper,

I've contacted CS and they should be reaching back out to you soon :) thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Comment

Hey [EPIC] Magyst CS got back in touch with me and had a good solution to the issue, but now it has been over a week since they contacted me and nothing has happened.

Comment

Awesome now complete silence from all CS

Comment

I've been trying to contact the CS for 13 days now and not even a single reply. I hope [EPIC] Magyst see this and reply on the many topics open here asking for refunds due to hacked accounts, like mine (https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...ccount-support) and many others.

Comment

Working...
                            X