Very slow progress through main campaign

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very slow progress through main campaign

I am plankerton stage 6/13.
    I have to still do 7 pages of quests before i arrive to the quest Plank off!
    However, I have already spent 66 points on skill tree 2 level.

It seems now that it will take me forever to get to the skill tree 3rd level and i will have like tens of points i cant do anything with them.
    Some of the missions it takes me a lot of tries to complete - its so hard to find the goals. Like i have to save 6 relay survivours but its really hard to find them (they dont show up on every mission) so I have to usually do three missions before I find one.

Is it normal situation?

This is completely normal, just wait till you get to canny, the amount of missions there is absolutely insane. Skill tree 3 locks during canny so save as much skill points as you can.
    There's a husk at my door

Fortnite Release Date: 25th July
    My First Play Date: 21st July (Pre Order Bonus)
    Battle Royale Release Date: 26th September

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

It's normal. I had I think 50-60 points stocked up when I hit canny. And that was with mostly focusing on quest missions.

Comment

Originally posted by CaseFace8 View Post
        It's normal. I had I think 50-60 points stocked up when I hit canny. And that was with mostly focusing on quest missions.
        pfft 50-60? I had over 100 going into canny and over 100 going into twine :p
        There's a husk at my door

Fortnite Release Date: 25th July
        My First Play Date: 21st July (Pre Order Bonus)
        Battle Royale Release Date: 26th September

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

Originally posted by ClintParis View Post

pfft 50-60? I had over 100 going into canny and over 100 going into twine :p
          Yea, I saw a post a while back about people saying stuff like that, so I pushed to get to canny once I finished my second skill tree, and only did quest stuff.

Comment

That is the unfortunate truth of fortnites main campaign. I have actually started to ignore the main questline (i complete like one a month) just because I takes that many missions for one quest and Id rather use my time to play modes I want to play rather then having to rely on luck for certain things to spawn in certain missions.

Sorry if I rambled on.

Comment

The pacing is very off in virtually every aspect of StW. If it wasn't for the odd skill node placements I'd say commander levels are gained a bit too quickly... but the idea of playing in a new zone for a week+ without the pickaxe upgrades would drive me off.

Speaking of skill nodes and tangents, why the heck do I need to unlock a defender bruiser slot in Canny just to spend points in the Twine skill tree? Had to go back to the Plank tree to unlock branches of the twine tree as well...

Comment

Don't blame the game if you cant find the relays which are always 2 on the map. If you always miss them... use your eyes. Slow progression starts at canny.. and only because of the lack of real story quests with good rewards.

And yes... some skill tree decisions from epic are counter productive.

Comment

Originally posted by TyresTyco View Post
                  Don't blame the game if you cant find the relays which are always 2 on the map. If you always miss them... use your eyes. Slow progression starts at canny.. and only because of the lack of real story quests with good rewards.
                  Actually there are quite a few quest objectives that are exceedingly scarce in the missions you have available without having someone take you to a higher level mission. Whack a troll, Anomalies, and Relay Towers all, for whatever reason, have a low spawn chance for the the power level where they happen to be needed for main line progression. It's likely done by design as the instant you slide one bracket up you're back to seeing at least 1 per map.

Comment

100 points over to the next region? U noobs are playing the game wrong, u can always get objectives for wutever/ x mission ur doing, it just takes a few runs for example the 6 relay, there is 2 in a game means u need to do 3. The only real rng mission in the main story is blue glo trolls and anomalies. It takes time to progress, but if ur having over 100 skill points left over after completing the respective skill tree of a region, ur just inefficient and bad and ned tu git gud

Comment

Its called intentional slowing players progression, all devs do this for many reasons mainly so u stick with the game as long as posible, so the devs have time to make new content for u to play and so on and so forth, so ya its normal.

Comment

Originally posted by lolfacederp View Post
                        100 points over to the next region? U noobs are playing the game wrong, u can always get objectives for wutever/ x mission ur doing, it just takes a few runs for example the 6 relay, there is 2 in a game means u need to do 3. The only real rng mission in the main story is blue glo trolls and anomalies. It takes time to progress, but if ur having over 100 skill points left over after completing the respective skill tree of a region, ur just inefficient and bad and ned tu git gud
                        For relay survivors there is not 2 in ever mission. (Actual relays, yes) Sometime there are 1 or none. So best case 3 missions worst case more than 6.
                        Also, sometimes I want to just play the mission I want instead of being forced to play a bunch of a single mission type in a row. (Crazy I know considering the well thought out quest design: do X 3 times. now do Y 3 times. Now do X 6 times) Especially when it is not timed. You end up with people that want to farm forever, and each mission takes an hour.

And what about events? You should just ignore those and focus only on your quest? The Halloween and Christmas events did allow some progression, but some of the others were totally separate. And if you have limited time to play you end up choosing one or the other. Meaning you end up getting a bunch of points you can't spend if you do the 'limited time" event.

Comment

Save the skill points till canny. Then you can slot them all and gain a huge advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by CaseFace8 View Post

For relay survivors there is not 2 in ever mission. (Actual relays, yes) Sometime there are 1 or none. So best case 3 missions worst case more than 6.
                            Also, sometimes I want to just play the mission I want instead of being forced to play a bunch of a single mission type in a row. (Crazy I know considering the well thought out quest design: do X 3 times. now do Y 3 times. Now do X 6 times) Especially when it is not timed. You end up with people that want to farm forever, and each mission takes an hour.

And what about events? You should just ignore those and focus only on your quest? The Halloween and Christmas events did allow some progression, but some of the others were totally separate. And if you have limited time to play you end up choosing one or the other. Meaning you end up getting a bunch of points you can't spend if you do the 'limited time" event.
                            Events literally last like a month, if u do 2-3 missions a day which is like 1 hr of game play u can easily finish the event in less than a week. Also we aren't talking about quest design, OP was talking about how long it took and clearly shown he has no idea how to do it effectively. There is always 2 relay in any mission type unless changed I don't notice it to care anymore. But my point being main quest takes time to progress, but not years if u no wut ur doing.

Comment

Working...
                            X