X

Save The World Game Mode Idea :D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save The World Game Mode Idea :D

This game mode is just like the normal gameplay for Save the World but this involves PVP as well as PVE.

*INCLUDE SQUAD RANKING
    This mode allows requires squads to build a base from scratch and set up traps etc to try and protect your storm shield.

After the build, squads challenge each other and the zombies.The first team to destroy the opponent’s storm shield wins.

As squads progress up the ranks, they acquire more loot from each fight (win or lose).

*Both sides of the map is identical or they could get to pick from a selection of terrains to start building their base.

This is just a rough idea so far but what do you guys think

Do not try to bring PvP content to PvE.. its simply stupid......

Comment

As we have stated multiple times, leave PvP out of PvE. You kids coming over to our side of the game trying to merge your free loading kid infested mode into our world is disgusting. Bad enough that chat is being spammed with "trade", now you want PvP in PvE? Just, no.
      Ricz0r is my inspiration

-----Day 1 Founder-----

Comment

Ideas are ideas

Comment

And PvE is PvE not PvP ;)

Comment

Just read the idea, its pvp but still stw

Comment

You build your base
              then zombies will attack your base (other party controls the zombie “moba style” “or card style” “what ever you call it”

then do vice versa

not heroes vs heroes due to the fact that only 2% left for human population and 98% deceased...

Comment

Originally posted by O1dGuy View Post
                You build your base
                then zombies will attack your base (other party controls the zombie “moba style” “or card style” “what ever you call it”

then do vice versa

not heroes vs heroes due to the fact that only 2% left for human population and 98% deceased...
                umm, read his idea, SQUADS CHALLENGE EACH OTHER. This kid is clearly from battle royale and just wants PvP everywhere. This is pve for a reason.
                Ricz0r is my inspiration

-----Day 1 Founder-----

Comment

However. If a player battle another player its PvP, even if both taking control over the husks....

Comment

Im saying its pvp cause its pvp.

“Today, 11:19 AM
                    Just read the idea, its pvp but still stw”
                    “Today, 11:13 AM
                    And PvE is PvE not PvP ;)” Save The World Game Mode Idea :D”

What im saying is...

“Today, 10:30 AM
                    Ideas are ideas

Also

Forum Guidelines
                    • The Fortnite forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Fortnite.
                      • The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to Fortnite, Epic Games, or its community are subject to moderation.
                    And I don’t care its pve or pvp as long i can play it
                    but dont get me wrong i don’t really play BR just helping my buddy/co worker on his BR quest real quick.

Almost forgot i love to argue (usually it brings out the pros and cons of an idea)

Comment

I enjoy objective based PvP, something team based where you have to attack and defend at the same time would probably grab my attention where modes like BR don't really interest me. Something like Block Party (or whatever it was called this most recent time) could be very interesting for me in a pvp setting.

Although they'd have to give us fixed stats and they'd like have to restrict schematic access a bit to even the play field... well that or just put it in BR.

Comment

A squad challenge mode would be interesting, but might work better in STW as a challenge mode instead of head to head. Similar to block party, your squad builds a base and defends it against progressively harder waves of husks. When finally defeated, the squad is given a score based on how long they lasted, the amount of materials used, kills, etc. This score is used for a leaderboard or ranking system. Could be interesting.

Comment

I love people wanting new game modes for PvE when PvE has yet to even be finished. Should finishing the game before implementing new **** be top priority?

Comment

I do NOT want PvP in PvE.

But I do want to skydive from a flying bus or Lar’s van into missions rather than just spawning at a start point. If we die during the mission THEN we can spawn at a start point.

I do want to deploy a glider after skydiving and also have a launchpad trap that allows us to redeploy the glider again during the mission... great for traveling between encampments and finding survivors.

I do want destructible environments (not player made structures) so I can RPG the heck out of annoying trees, rocks, walls, etc. rather than having to pick axe everything. Sometimes I just want removal not resources!

I do want a large PvE map filled with hordes of sleeping Husks and random patrols, with multiple biomes and an enclosing storm where we have to fight off waves of Husks at locations of OUR choosing, where we fortify an apartment building or restaurant, etc. rather than having to defend where ever the game places atlases, siphons, generators, and such.

I do want to crouch and camouflage with a bush to sneak past sleepers. And silenced weapons to deal with them.

I do want a sniper rifle with bullet drop.

I do want hero cosmetics not tethered to specific hero cards. And pickaxe skins.

I do want emoticons and emotes and more dances. And a “locker” to store them all.

Pretty much everything PvP has to offer sans actual PvP.

:)

Comment

My main concern is this - what does introducing this type of mode into PvE actually offer PvE? This idea is not a new one; there are numerous people having this same idea. I just do not see how it helps StW. Will people playing this game mode become more involved in the StW quest chain (if it ever gets finished...)? I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure it will simply reinforce the growing opinion of StW players that Epic wants PvP to survive, with PvE being an acceptable loss.

Why bother introducing a PvP mode into a PvE realm? I've said this before, and have had a conversation around it with another poster - Why not just allow players to use this mode IN PVP? There is no real benefit to having this mode in PvE as far as I can see. PvP players seem to have limited attention spans and demand immediate satisfaction - two things that PvE certainly does not provide in this instance. They might play for the daily v-bucks for BR, but I just can't see more than 5% of the PvP base sticking around in PvE over the longer term.
                              Originally posted by sowhereaminow View Post
                              A squad challenge mode would be interesting, but might work better in STW as a challenge mode instead of head to head. Similar to block party, your squad builds a base and defends it against progressively harder waves of husks. When finally defeated, the squad is given a score based on how long they lasted, the amount of materials used, kills, etc. This score is used for a leaderboard or ranking system. Could be interesting.
                              Horde Bash is already a mode in PvE, so I'm reading your statement as an enhancement of that existing mode due to the inclusion of stats, which is fair enough.

I cannot upvote Pjthines enough though - I want all those BR goodies in PvE as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X