X

Stealth nerf to upgrading hero rarity!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth nerf to upgrading hero rarity!

Yesterday before patch it cost xp, manuals and flux to upgrade hero rarity. Today. It cost all the resources it usually takes to upgrade a hero. Major change not listed in patch notes....

So now my question is where is all the rain, lighting and other resources we use to upgrade our hero's survivors and weapons from all the times we have recycled them?

This is such a kick in the teeth. First we have no sure way to get the hero we want. So now we invest time and energy to upgrade a lower level rarity of hero only to be told screw you now you pay full price after all the other time and money invested. Oh but anyone that upgraded before this stealth nerf, congrads you got one over on us. Everyone else screw you we got you again...

This the kind of **** that costs you players.

What an odd "fix" I kind of thought the flux off setting the evolution materials made perfect sense. I still think having the option to upgrade rarity, even at the additional cost, is well worth it... the only way to realistically get legendary cards before was to open your wallet. At least now you farm SSDs and use those green heroes to fill out your roster over time.

Comment

• cosmicpixelga212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Legendaries are pretty easy to get now. event store, event llamas, event quests, gold llama grenteed, most super llamas

its a nerf that wasnt needed at all. It was perfectly fine before. Why Fix(nerf) something that works fine. I wish they would balance abilities to make them all actually powerfull and worthwhile. Instead of nitpicking stupid details that just work well . And make players actually happy cause they could save some resources. I bought blue upgrade **** every week cause of it and planned to upgrade a hero from green to legendary once ....now ...i can kinda Trash all the blue **** since its not even worthwhile anymore.

The logic Epic uses isnt my logic. Not even close.

They seem to misinterpret fun with tedious.

Comment

i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure originally you had to pay full cost to upgrade rarity (exp, manual, rain ect). i remember being surprised when i upgraded my hero the other day and it only cost exp and flux.

Comment

Originally posted by Xero M XTC View Post
        i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure originally you had to pay full cost to upgrade rarity (exp, manual, rain ect). i remember being surprised when i upgraded my hero the other day and it only cost exp and flux.
        Your wrong only cost xp and manuals before the patch. Now it costs everything.

Comment

I should have used that flux I was hording, I don't need anymore legendary heros was just going to do it cause it was there.

Comment

While it was nice being spared the resources prepatch it isn't really that bad. It still takes into account the resources already spent leveling up the hero.

It ends up costing no more to level up a hero then upgrade via flux than it would leveling up a higher quality hero to begin with.

​​​​​

Comment

Except that we got zero notice this was going to happen and or was intended to happen.

And per reddit:

" Hi guys,

This is an intended change, as we did not want the order in which you evolved the hero to change the evolution material cost of reaching a particular rarity/level.

This change was not supposed to come out until patch 2.5, but was accidentally brought over into the 2.4.2 patch and released early. I'll talk to community about getting the patch notes updated.

UPDATE: Investigated this a bit more and discovered some bad news. This change was brought over in an unfinished state, and all the costs are higher than intended as a result. Patch 2.5 will have the corrected costs."

Last I checked this was the "Official Forums" and we can't even get an answer here.

Comment

Originally posted by Korzald View Post
                Except that we got zero notice this was going to happen and or was intended to happen.

And per reddit:

" Hi guys,

This is an intended change, as we did not want the order in which you evolved the hero to change the evolution material cost of reaching a particular rarity/level.

This change was not supposed to come out until patch 2.5, but was accidentally brought over into the 2.4.2 patch and released early. I'll talk to community about getting the patch notes updated.

UPDATE: Investigated this a bit more and discovered some bad news. This change was brought over in an unfinished state, and all the costs are higher than intended as a result. Patch 2.5 will have the corrected costs."

Last I checked this was the "Official Forums" and we can't even get an answer here.

I can tell you from personal experience developers for some bizarre reason prefer Reddit to their actual forums.
                There were so many times I had to copy posts from Reddit to the main forums just so the community doesn't blow a casket.

They are still mad they don't get any developer posts in the main forums but there is nothing I could really do about that.
                Personally, I put the onus on the community manager to relay information to all communication channels.

Comment

I read here as well. Yeah sorry about that going out before we were done. (We didn't even get to iterate on it.) The haste to get the 2.4.x patch had us moving even faster than normal and it got swept up early.

Comment

Working...
                  X