Playing solo = RIP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing solo = RIP

You NEED to make it easier for solo missions, Defending hordes by yourself isnt bad BUT when you throw the same hordes at solo player that you would in a full squad is just stupid AF. I dont know if you have even thought about this? If you have made it easier for solo players then you need to change that a lot as it feels the exact same no matter if you are in a 4 man squad or by yourself!

Please fix this as soon as possible!!

play with randoms ?? use derenders ?? build more traps ?? the game is easy enough, imo.

Comment

playing with randoms brings nothing to the argument of the OP wanting to play solo. Defenders are pretty useless for the most part, building more traps solo play isn't likely as the player will need to farm an insane amount of time just to do 1 mission. Solo play for most missions do go out of the wayside by the time a player hits CV. Personally I think they should allow solo play but just reduce the rewards and increase the rewards when you're in group (more than what they give now possibly.)

I sent my time mostly in groups but when it's late at night getting a group is near impossible and soloing a map is also near impossible so often I just don't play at night even if I want to.

Comment

I'd perfer to play solo myself.... but yes this game needs to scale for Solo players.. We already scale up for when there are multiple players.. why not scale the enemies up instead.. means bringing all enemies down right now

Comment

Originally posted by Darlatan View Post
          playing with randoms brings nothing to the argument of the OP wanting to play solo. Defenders are pretty useless for the most part, building more traps solo play isn't likely as the player will need to farm an insane amount of time just to do 1 mission. Solo play for most missions do go out of the wayside by the time a player hits CV. Personally I think they should allow solo play but just reduce the rewards and increase the rewards when you're in group (more than what they give now possibly.)

I sent my time mostly in groups but when it's late at night getting a group is near impossible and soloing a map is also near impossible so often I just don't play at night even if I want to.

i play pub mainly too but i solo quite a bit. i dont see why defenders are pretty useless for solo players, its an effective way to boost fire power (unless you arm them with garbage) for a little bit of resources (if you cant be bothered to spend 10 or so minutes to farm back the mats to cover the gun/ammo thats on you, in my opinion), an extra gun is an extra gun.

as for mats for trap, what i do is whenever i hit max resources i just build up a surplus of traps (the trap combo i uses a wide variety of resources so i'm not forced into spending a lot of time just farming stone, for example) so whenever i need wood/stone/metal i'm not wasting anything... another benefit is i dont have to wait for them to build when i need them.

i'm in CV.

i'm not saying solo'ing is as easy as teaming, obviously its not but the game seems to be geared towards playing in a team but they still allow and provide the tools for you to play solo if you choose. kind of like, say, Left 4 Dead, built for coop but you can play solo if you want.

OP, curious as to why you prefer to play solo, aside from the obvious.. team mates can be idiots. i'm not opposed to the idea of downscaling for less rewards for the record, though it would make it even more tedious to grind out these boring events.

Comment

Trying to solo most mission (especially defend any obj) is pretty depressing, cant defend 2 sides without defender's (low iq, very needy) and the whole game design is about preventing you from playing solo and selling you llamas. I BASE that on the facts that If you are purely doing quest you will be underleved for most of the game so you need another player to raise your PL (defenders could provide that, they don't) , so your only way to keep up is to go buy lots of llamas to get the huge amount of xp in order to have all things appropriately lvled (traps,def,hero squad, survivors etc) and a chance at weapons that suite your preffered char so gl with that . I dont like your idea of making it easier instead would like to see more power to the player cause this game shines when it lets you be creative, all the tedious boundaries in place are ruining the game ,a system where the progression would be much slower (so they could sell xp boost, whatever boost exp hero xp boost schem boost etc) would be much better then the slot machine in place as it seems to really be holding the game back and the main reason of toxicity imo or epic can keep trying to upsell me on backpack space

Comment

Lot of traps and good defenders, I have a legendary melee and sniper and they hold the ground.

I also thought defenders were useless but it's just because I neglected their upgrades, now my melee guy has almost the same stats like my char and he survives. For the sniper I build a snipers nest with windows. I've solo'ed missions 64, I am 70, still didn't try a level 70 mission tho.

Comment

Currently, if you want to solo you have to be very picky about the objective location. I regularly find the objective, when needed, feed it bluglo and then leave mission to try again. Over trapping and using defenders only takes you so far because both are prohibitively expensive which in turn means excessively time consuming. Defenders still need a great deal of work before I would consider them decent replacements for an actual player and traps are only as effective as the landscape you place them on.

I'm hoping the up coming "optional difficulty" mode is a precursor to selectable difficulty but we will have to wait and see.

Giving us a bit more control over mission settings in general could help solo players and challenge seekers alike, a set of check boxes like elemental husks, rotating storm, mini boss, storm mutations, mist monster challenge waves, number of spawn locations, spawn density, random, etc could all be a great tool to allow us to tailor our experience into a more fun one. They could cap the chest reward based on how many you select so that for example a low density, no rotation, no elemental, single direction mission awards nothing better than a tier 2 chest. While a challenge seeker might choose all of the available settings and have a minimum of a tier 6 chest.

Comment

yes defenders are worse than a player (thats actually playing the objective) but thats a moot point because (s)he's choosing to play a game BUILT FOR TEAM PLAY solo (choosing to do the work of 2-4 people by themself) and theyre better than the alternative for solo players, which is nothing.

why would you consider tdefenders expensive ?? farming enough mats to kit out 3 defenders every 2-3 missions doesnt take long at all, neither does farming nuts & bolts and wood/metal for ammo. effective fort building can seriously reduce the amount of traps you need... again, 30, or so, minutes of farming gets you a lot of materials for traps, weapons and ammo.

i will admit, objective placing CAN be a major factor, but rarely in my experience. the only objectives i wont solo, unless overlevelled, are the ones next to cliff where the enemy can drop right onto the obj.

games like these are often more time consuming for solo players, youre doing the work of 4 ppl by yourself with just basic AI combat support (if you choose to use it, and you should). its just the way it is, its built/intended for team play not solo play, but its still possible solo at a price (meaning time not buying llamas).

i think the optional difficulty only goes up for greater rewards, not down.

imo, this game is very much about the farming and grinding. i would never recommend this game to anyone who wants to solo.

TL:DR - game built and intended primarily for group experience. unfortunately, thats just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Xero M XTC View Post
                    play with randoms ?? use derenders ?? build more traps ?? the game is easy enough, imo.
                    there aren't any , they don't work , and you can do that but it just takes far too long and if the husks take a surprising route you can find yourself loosing pretty fast and wasting your time. and it is easy at lower levels , and maybe your a god who always finds it easy to solo over leveled content all the way through , but im mid 70 power level and find it very hard to solo 64 content (outside of survivor, radar, encampment)

The games designed for groups and its way better that way , no argument , but there are simply not the players in my area/level its been months since i found a group and i havent progressed my main story quest since last year.

Comment

Unless they made a recent change to traps, it takes way to many resources to build traps to defend solo.

Comment

Originally posted by Xero M XTC View Post
                        imo, this game is very much about the farming and grinding. i would never recommend this game to anyone who wants to solo.
                        While I agree with that sentiment entirely it's also at it's core where our views differ. The casual "play it" alone crowd isn't a small market, look at any game the ditches the single player experience in favor of multiplayer. Sales are always lower and there's always a vocal group asking for a better single player experience, with a later installment adding the single player campaign back to the mix... and subsequently seeing better sales again.

As for how I might think defenders are too expensive for what they bring to the table, that's simple... they just don't bring enough to the table. Previous versions of them were better than they are now, they were squishier but they were much better at killing so with proper placement they actually did ok-ish. The current version has 20% more health and shields but drastically worse aim and still suffers the same stupid AI that will stand in hazards until death. Using 3 of them to solo devours resources, you're basically left making 1.5 new weapons plus two full stacks of ammo every mission.

tldr: I agree with you, but I don't think adding solo friendly options down the road would hurt the game.

Comment

Working...
                        X