Cap mission access to player level!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap mission access to player level!!!

It's just getting stupid now. I'm level 61, doing a level 58 mission and it's full of players at level 38, 39, 40 etc etc. That's a 20 level difference, and all they are doing is mooch mooch mooching!!! They bring nothing to the table 99% of the time. Sure, you get the odd level 38 running a constructor and using the kit to assist where they can which is awesome, good job dude!!! But beside that it's an absolute joke.
    I'm fine carrying a single player in a party of friends, because I've made a conscious choice to do so, but in the last month there are so many missions with this exact set up and it needs to be addressed. If you are level 40, level 46 missions should be to maximum level you can join. Epic owe me a new back, because my current one has been broken carrying moochers. (and don't get me started on them joining Build the Radar Grid missions and building NOTHING)

Please look into this problem, because it's becoming a bigger problem the further I progress through the game. I know its time consuming leveling up, but that's the game. Fight, build, level, progress. Not mooch mooch mooch!

Oh, I thought you were going to say high levels shouldn't be able to do low level missions, and I was going to be like, well, there is a stat cap for each area such as Plankerton/Stonewood, etc, and the main reason you see higher levels in lower level maps so much is because there just aren't enough people in save the world until its free to play, so people want to go where people are.

But yes, that is a horse of a different color and I agree. I always thought it was silly I could go to missions where I was under-leveled. The game warns me I am under-leveled, but still gives me the option -- to that I say, no thanks, I would not want to be a leech.

Comment

I'm not saying it is all players. Some really do try to help, but usually they know they are under leveled and run Constructor to help the team. That's fine. But more often than not it is mooching Outlanders denying a real player a place on the mission.
      I understand why higher level players join low level missions, and they get no exp or story gains, so that's the trade off. But low levels in higher missions is just stupid, and ruins the game for others!

Comment

A simple area minimum should be in affect. 46+ for canny, 76+ for twine, etc etc. Remove the minimum for private/friends only for those that wish to have lower level friends join.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeichi View Post
          A simple area minimum should be in affect. 46+ for canny, 76+ for twine, etc etc. Remove the minimum for private/friends only for those that wish to have lower level friends join.
          Agreed. If you want to carry a low level friend that's fine. But carrying random leeches is not on. My 2 friends both level 70 and me level 61 might invite a friend at level 25 to help them gain some exp, but that is our choice, and we know we are going to be 1 player short when all the smashers start stacking up :/

Comment

Agreed. There's already so many fun-smashing issues you have to cowboy up and get over to continue supporting Epic in Canny Valley and beyond... like 150+ level-restricted and intensive trap/building missions in a row that
            - may or may not be available in any given 6-hour period
            - may or may not be giving you the kind of XP you need right now
            - may or may not have enough metal / nuts & bolts / sturdy parts in the zone to replenish your supplies from the last trap fest
            - may or may not pair you with an at-level player who knows that "contributing" in Canny Valley means more than gathering for yourself the whole time and just showing up for the defense at the end; and
            - all have some kind of mutant storm / holiday / mutant storm (again) / epic boss mechanic that makes the build even more resource intensive.

So, why not add low-level players you have to spend half the defense reviving, too? It's not like that'll be the last f**king straw. /end sarcasm

Delink mission access from the SSDs. Level cap the missions in public groups. And make the next level ore part of the cost of evolving a weapon to warn players against upgrading their weapons too soon.

Comment

I am level 70 and I have zero problem with lower levels coming into my game, with my stat boost they are still much better than defenders. With the lack of players I see, this is just not an issue.

Comment

I'm surprised this thread didn't get flamed by the other end of the stick players. Was a trillion % sure these type of thread gets flamed immediately lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by MIDJULIP View Post
                  I am level 70 and I have zero problem with lower levels coming into my game, with my stat boost they are still much better than defenders. With the lack of players I see, this is just not an issue.
                  You need a level 30 sniper defender. Hell, I can only dream of an aim on par with that girl.

Comment

Working...
                  X