Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players that play in maps much lower than their current level will have....

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players that play in maps much lower than their current level will have their party stats clamped. We will continue rebalancing stat clamping to make sure parties of mixed levels find the content appropriately challenging.

I like the way it was before, I used to be able to solo lower level maps or join with a friend and enjoy easy mode. It's part of leveling up and feeling powerful in this game. Why was this done? Can we have a vote on how this works because I don't think i'm going to enjoy this.

It was likely done to stop exploiting - because you will notice the difficulty remains the exact same but rewards do not scale.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Last_Paragon View Post
      It was likely done to stop exploiting - because you will notice the difficulty remains the exact same but rewards do not scale.
      So no matter what mission at what level you do the difficulty is always going to be the same? that's pretty lame. What exploiting? It's part of leveling up in games to go back to areas and feel powerful. Otherwise it's just rather meh and what's the point in leveling?

Comment

In low level areas gathering is much faster than in high levels. It is silly that my pitchfork gets upgrade, then all car hps get twice as much upgrade, so with theoretically better tool i need go to lower level area. And i do gathering runs to not "leech" on whole party while gathering instead of actually playing. I want my fort maxed out, and prepared, and for that there is endless farming. For eg single so popular "pyramid" takes about 1000 of alloy to fully build and upgrade to level 3. Shield amplifier is about 2000 of resource and we have 5 or 6 of them.

Comment

Played this game since EA launch.

I am in late game +100 PL and mid TP.

Most of the time I play on my own. I know this isn't what the game wants me to do as defenders are just good traps and nowhere near even what a poor player can contribute. But I just prefer the slow grind and occasional private match with friends I have made over the last 6 months+

Before this patch you used to double punish me for doing lower content. Firstly by restricting my stats per zone then by not giving xp (although to be fair I reached the cap months ago) plus poor rewards compared to normal level. One or the other would have been ok but both together was a signal that you did not want higher levels going into low level places.

We could still do lower content as even with the nerf and no reward as we were still fairly powerful compared to the lower levels but we would only be helping other people, not ourselves.
          Now you are punishing the people we were going to help?

In the past if someone was desperate lf3m I would help and they wouldn't have to ask for other people another hour as I can easily solo/duo CV and lower content. I have met some good people this way. People that are still on my friends list that I occasionally party with.

Now with this change you are clearly saying you don't want us to help lower level people. Is this really the direction you want?

Comment

I like to join lower level "Play with Other" matches quite a bit. I enjoy helping people with Storm Shield missions, or when I get put in a "Launch the Rocket" mission because I know I'm helping them progress through the game.
            Capping out stuff I've worked very hard to power up is ridiculous. I'm not in a hurry to progress all the way through the game as it is unfinished, and returning to lower levels as a high level character with high level weapons should be a Godsend for the lower level players trying to beat it. Otherwise, leveling only serves to race towards the end of the game, and this game is about the journey, not the destination. I hope they reconsider.

Comment

Same as you guys Chief Ten and Mcgrumble I am taking it easy and I quite enjoy doing lower levels even solo or helping a new person out. They love feeling overpowered when they're with me and it feels good to help them. If I have to use my power lvl 70 traps in lvl 19 areas just to kill things I think that's beyond crazy. Not sure who complained about this but If i did join a lower level game and anyone complained I would happily leave. I've never heard anyone complain though.

Comment

Honestly, I am one of the few who probably think this is a good change. No more carrying lowbies so they themselves never learn the game or require making their own traps or getting fort skills leveled up, because in the end theses are the same people that end up hurting the random groups when they progress too fast do to being carried by a higher level player and then have absolute **** everything.

Comment

• Aeonra commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I disagree on this. Now you will have a lot of people partying up and play with low levels in high levels and honestly I can not blame them, I would do the same. If someone is asking me to help him progress through the story now, I would pull them into my regular missions than go and play in their levels. So those lowbies will progress because of the comander xp gained in higher areas even faster upwards without knowing what they are doing. But I am not going down to their missions to use my traps where I can not gather materials to replace them, while I have to place as many traps as I would do my own regular missions.
                  People will always go for the easiest way and on an economic view you will have to pull all the lowbies into your high missions, because there you can at least gain suitable rewards for pulling them through a mission and you are able to replenish the invested mats (guns, traps) with gathered materials, while you can not do this in lower zones.

I'm not understanding this thread, party stat cap was always a thing in every region, they did remove cv cap a while ago, but I think they brought it back a while ago as well, my stat is capped at 2290 somewhere around there in cv o.o
                Last edited by lolfacederp; 03-01-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I hope this means if our stats are capped in lower areas that we get more commander xp and not the crappy amount we get now.

Comment

Originally posted by lolfacederp View Post
                    I'm not understanding this thread, party stat cap was always a thing in every region, they did remove cv cap a while ago, but I think they brought it back a while ago as well, my stat is capped at 2290 somewhere around there in cv o.o
                    Previously there was a stat cap on each zone. Now there is a stat cap on each mission. So, while you were previously limited to about 150 in Stonewood, 850 in plankerton, etc... now those stats are only what you'll get on the highest level mission of each. If you go and play a level 1 mission, your stats are capped at 5, not 150. Your 2290 in CV is not only if you play the highest CV missions... it'll scale down farther and farther if you don't.

So, what they've done now is set it up so that all stat improvement, be it from research, skill points, or survivor squads... is just to keep you from having below average performance at your highest level. You'll have absolutely average technical performance on all levels below that. Whatever work you put into improving your stats... whatever grind you put into building the best survivor squads with the highest rarity survivors and leads... is to stay average, and makes you no better than you'd be with blue across the board and not bothering to work on better nodes, etc.

In fact, improving your stats by having excellent squads and grinding out nodes... actually punishes you as compared to NOT having those things, because those stats will contribute to your PL, and the higher your PL, the lower your XP gain... even if it scales your down to be exactly the same as other people with much worse stats.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMike View Post

Previously there was a stat cap on each zone. Now there is a stat cap on each mission. So, while you were previously limited to about 150 in Stonewood, 850 in plankerton, etc... now those stats are only what you'll get on the highest level mission of each. If you go and play a level 1 mission, your stats are capped at 5, not 150. Your 2290 in CV is not only if you play the highest CV missions... it'll scale down farther and farther if you don't.

So, what they've done now is set it up so that all stat improvement, be it from research, skill points, or survivor squads... is just to keep you from having below average performance at your highest level. You'll have absolutely average technical performance on all levels below that. Whatever work you put into improving your stats... whatever grind you put into building the best survivor squads with the highest rarity survivors and leads... is to stay average, and makes you no better than you'd be with blue across the board and not bothering to work on better nodes, etc.

In fact, improving your stats by having excellent squads and grinding out nodes... actually punishes you as compared to NOT having those things, because those stats will contribute to your PL, and the higher your PL, the lower your XP gain... even if it scales your down to be exactly the same as other people with much worse stats.
                      Actually, PL is not related to any kind of XP Gain. Commander XP is only related to Commander level.

Comment

Originally posted by IspanoLFW View Post
                        Actually, PL is not related to any kind of XP Gain. Commander XP is only related to Commander level.
                        XP scaling is based on the undisplayed CL instead of PL? I was unaware of that - thanks!

At least thats one less way that this latest patch screws STW players.

Comment

AMEN to original post!!! It's a player versus ENEMY game, why the blue sweaty he** is Epic determined to nerf the living daylights out of a PvE experience?!?!? "WAAAHH, this guy joined my match and he's way higher level... but I wanted to die 'til respawn 20 times! DANG!" Said... NO ONE EVER. Seriously. Why is this happening? Is Epic DELIBERATELY sabotaging STW? WTF?

Comment

Working...
                          X