X

New storage bug introduced in today's patch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New storage bug introduced in today's patch

A couple of months ago all my items in backpack and storage were lost to a bad node. Epic did a great job of more than reimbursing me for the lost items. However, now my storage is overstuffed with 110/60 items. I like to send out expedition squads to gather people and survivors. My storage has not been a problem since people and survivors don't go there.Since today's patch I have not been able to claim the expedition rewards as it's telling me, "Storage may not be in overflow to claim expedition rewards." Do I have to destroy all these extra items to claim rewards that don't go into storage?

Not a bug. It's a new feature to stop people like me who constantly expedition, farm and hoard
    There's a husk at my door

-----Day 1 Founder-----

Comment

• Altan Rapsied commented
      Editing a comment
      It's probably something that could break data. Overflowing SS mean datas that weren't planned to be stored, and eventually with many player doing the same it caused those inventory bug we met in the past.

if you want to use those heros for anything you will need to empty storage or like I did just abandon the expeditions and loose everything they would have returned.

Comment

I honestly do not believe overflowing storage would cause any issues (we are not in the Gameboy, where overflowing inventory would give you 99 Master Balls), it's just Epic wanting to remove the exploit of sending expeditions with full storage and inventory to hoard mats in the storm shield which made SSD storage upgrades pointless and reduced the needed grind because you could always run expeditions and whenever you run low on mats just pull some from the SSD instead of doing a farming run.
      It's been working great for me (and was very, VERY helpful for building my race track as I had access to about 5000 of EACH building material at once), and I'm pretty bummed about it.
      But... I mean, I guess it was an exploit.

Comment

I understand if its for mats. But I have 226 stacks in my storage. But my expeditions can not bring home survivors. Survivors have nothing to do with storage space from your stormshield.

Comment

Originally posted by KosterNL View Post
          I understand if its for mats. But I have 226 stacks in my storage. But my expeditions can not bring home survivors. Survivors have nothing to do with storage space from your stormshield.
          You only really get rare survivors anyway. They're useless. At an overflow of 2000 here and won't be emptying my storage anytime soon, don't need to do expeditions now either so I'm set for a while
          There's a husk at my door

-----Day 1 Founder-----

Comment

Originally posted by ClintParis View Post

You only really get rare survivors anyway. They're useless. At an overflow of 2000 here and won't be emptying my storage anytime soon, don't need to do expeditions now either so I'm set for a while
            Transform rare to epic. Or for survivor exp.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintParis View Post

Every Survivor can be turned into survivor xp. Expeditions can return up to epic survivors. The medium and large survivor expeditions return 1600-4000xp worth of survivors.

Comment

And they have nothing to do with storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pensar View Post

Every Survivor can be turned into survivor xp. Expeditions can return up to epic survivors. The medium and large survivor expeditions return 1600-4000xp worth of survivors.
                  Same boat. Shoot, I don't care if I only get 1000 to 2000 survivor xp for the expedition, it still all adds up over time, and since you immediately cash in those survivors for XP, or they go into the same inventory as your schematics (which they seem to have no problem with letting me have over 700 slots for and buy 10 more of every week), it shouldn't be an issue.
                  Bottom line, Survivors aren't inventory. They don't go into your backpack or your Storm Shield Storage, so there should at least be a way to immediately cash them in from expeditions if they cannot have their schematics stored.

Comment

This has to be adressed. Or its just a way to cap us from getting too much survivor exp.

Comment

As ClintParis said, this is now a feature in the game to stop people for going beyond the storm shield limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SKuDD3r View Post
                        As ClintParis said, this is now a feature in the game to stop people for going beyond the storm shield limits.
                        Survivors are not stored in your Storm Shield storage. They are in Inventory, like your Schematics. Basically, you can't go on expeditions for Survivors anymore. I understand that you shouldn't be able to go on resource expeditions until you clear out your Storm Shield Storage, but Survivors and Survivor Expeditions should not affect this. EPIC has no problem selling me an additional 10 Inventory slots for Survivors and Schematics every week when I already have over 700.

Comment

Originally posted by SKuDD3r View Post
                          But it has nothing to do with stormshield storage or back pack. As long as you have enough inventory space.

Comment

Working...
                          X