Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm done with SAVE THE WORLD until EPIC GAMES removes the stat cap!!!

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is one of the worst decisions they have ever made for the game. No more of my time or money will be put into this game until it is fixed. It's one big **** YOU to all of the players that have put time into this game just to level up.
    Last edited by bradizzbad; 03-08-2018, 10:19 PM.

EG in a nutshell. Only taking bad decisions, not listening to us.

Comment

I can not believe with the things people have raised as issues that their work on Save the World has been doing this. It took me a while to see it but it is clear to me now that they are trying to kill PvE. There is no other plausible explanation.

Comment

Agreed revert it now!

Comment

i dont see the problem. sounds like it only affects those playing in lower pl missions so A) if its low enough not to give you exp then it should be easy enough or B) if youre getting exp from the mission then the pl's close enough that its probably not making that much more of a difference between the old and new cap.

you do realise there was already a cap right, they just tweaked it ?? plus you get a larger range when it comes to gaining exp when playing in lower pl missions which outweighs losing some stats imo.

Comment

• SatNiteEduardo commented
            Editing a comment
            You can try to sugar coat it if you like but missions where I used to find easy are now harder. Now that in itself is not a problem but for me to choose to drop down 12 PL I have to have a reason to. If I no longer will find it easy then why would I. The difference between before and after is pretty big. This is not a tweak, it is too big a change to be called a tweak.

Originally posted by Xero M XTC View Post
          i dont see the problem. sounds like it only affects those playing in lower pl missions so A) if its low enough not to give you exp then it should be easy enough or B) if youre getting exp from the mission then the pl's close enough that its probably not making that much more of a difference between the old and new cap.

you do realise there was already a cap right, they just tweaked it ?? plus you get a larger range when it comes to gaining exp when playing in lower pl missions which outweighs losing some stats imo.
          The previous cap was per zone. So for example, Plankerton. Your FORT stats were capped at 840, Shared Stats at 105 and Effective Weapon Level at 30. That was for ALL of Plankerton. Or rather PL19-PL40 missions, even the PL19 in Stonewood.

Those numbers are now only valid for PL40 missions. Each mission PL has its own cap now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...pl40_missions/

Easier to link that than try to reformat it to post here. That's more than a "tweak."

Comment

while the numbers look alarming i havent even noticed the difference tbh, lower pl missions are just as easy to solo now as they were before, IE encampments take the same amount of time to solo clear the entire zone as they did weeks ago if not quicker with the h-board.

obviously the changes make a difference, as the numbers show, but its not big enough for me to notice it so for me its moot. it hasnt impacted the chars i use, my loadout or playstyle and the game is just as easy as it was so i dont see the big deal.

full disclosure, i didnt even know they made these changes till an hour ago (browsing while waiting for Tera to DL), thats how much i've noticed the difference today.

EDIT - i'm not pro-cap, personally i think if players put in the time to overlevel or want to revisit areas they shouldnt be punished for it with difficulty scaling or caps.
            Last edited by Xero M XTC; 03-09-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

while the numbers look alarming i havent even noticed the difference tbh, lower pl missions are just as easy to solo now as they were before, IE encampments take the same amount of time to solo clear the entire zone as they did weeks ago if not quicker with the h-board.

obviously the changes make a difference, as the numbers show, but its not big enough for me to notice it so for me its moot. it hasnt impacted the chars i use, my loadout or playstyle and the game is just as easy as it was so i dont see the big deal.

full disclosure, i didnt even know they made these changes till an hour ago (browsing while waiting for Tera to DL), thats how much i've noticed the difference today.
              In normal, non upgraded missions, you likely won't see too much of a change, sort of. But the idea is more like this. One of those four man missions, or a fully upgraded normal mission to get tickets. Normally the tradeoff for doing high vs low level for either is that the low level would be easier, but reward less. Now, however, that's not exactly true. You still get rewarded less, but due to how the caps work and how enemy levels are higher in those missions, the difficulty is now static, roughly anyhow.

Comment

Tera is ready, always a pleasure.

EDIT - i've tried an upgraded mission, only to +3, to test ticket rewards. anyway... are you noticing a difference, by that i mean has it impacted the way you play or your perception of the game's difficulty ??
                Last edited by Xero M XTC; 03-09-2018, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Just an overreaction of people getting upset with changes they don't like. Quite frankly there's no difference for me, lower levels were easier before and they're still just as easy now.

Comment

• NokarStormBlade commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It might be an overreaction but with all the **** the Devs have thrown at us I would think this kind of reaction is justified.

Tera is ready, always a pleasure.

EDIT - i've tried an upgraded mission, only to +3, to test ticket rewards. anyway... are you noticing a difference, by that i mean has it impacted the way you play or your perception of the game's difficulty ??
                  I notice all kinds of things. But then again, i've learned to do so for a long time. I won't say I notice everything, no one's perfect. But, yes, I do notice the difference. Part of that is because I know what being forced underlevelled feels like due to Horde Bash.

Comment

the only time that i've felt this game was remotely challenging was at the last stages of doing the 14 day STS but i was underlevelled for the base pl too. i missed the horde bash event, cant remember what i was playing at the time... destiny 2 maybe ?? so i have no idea what that was like. anyway, i'm heading off to bed. easy game is still easy, in my opinion :). g' night.

Comment

Working...
                    X