Bluglo siphons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluglo siphons

Does anyone else have an issue actually doing them? I've been trying for hours to get the 3 siphons required for the story quest and time and time again, people do the first wave and collect the reward. I get that it's not completely obvious and there's no tutorial explaining it but even when I tell people not to collect to reward, they do it anyway. And asking for help in global hasn't gotten me anywhere. It seems if there's not mini-llamas to gain, not one wants to help you. This quest is literally sucking my will to play this game...

I just got that quest; ive done loads of 3/3's helping people...saying that though I thought it was odd seeing a huge fort around a siphon (solo 2/3) and it being claimed after wave one :p

Comment

Im on the same quest, gotta spam that restart button whenever its done with a batch of bluglo :)

so far havent had any help and failed at 3rd wave two times, third time's the charm!

Comment

Maybe we should start telling the randos that it rewards mini-llamas on the 3rd completion.

Comment

10 seconds left on the countdown. Run in and wait by panel and restart instantly so they cant collect it.

Comment

If your based in EU i can help you out with it, just contact me ingame.
            It was frustrating for me to do the siphon quest as well, but ive never found random people to interrupt the process and harvest the blueglo preemptively. Whenever i see someone doing them now, i try to help, cause i understand how frustrating and hard it can be to do on your own.

Comment

I just finished this mission earlier and it was a pain. Epic should make this another mission type on the map to make it easier to get this done or hopefully it does not show up again as a mission later on. It is a pain to solo and does take about 6+ minutes to do with the base building involved so it would fit good as a 10 minute timed mission or something for 1 siphon completion.

Comment

Yeah its a huge pain, what i learned the hard way is that simply building a box around it won't do since those **** lobbers do splash damage through the walls, so even though your walls hold, they can still destroy it

You need two layers of walls/roofs to keep it safe

Comment

Originally posted by Argleksander View Post
                  Yeah its a huge pain, what i learned the hard way is that simply building a box around it won't do since those **** lobbers do splash damage through the walls, so even though your walls hold, they can still destroy it

You need two layers of walls/roofs to keep it safe
                  Thank you! I have learned something... I was always wondering why the "care package" was getting damage when the walls were still up. I'll start doubling now.

Comment

It's rough to do it, and some of the people who claim the reward are doing it for trolling purposes I think. One time I did it, I was blocking the next start thing, and they hacked the walls down as I tried to keep them up, so they could claim the reward and end the siphon. <shrugs>

I always like to build the stairs angling toward the siphon, roof tiles in the corners going into the downward shape to hold the cracks, and the half floors with the wall facing in, with another wall at the other side of the stairs for three layers against husks for the siphons. It's an idea other people were using way before me, and it seemed to work to keep them out and give people room to stand up and ping husks coming in. Helps to have a soldier with grenades too, and a BASE never hurts the odds of the fort standing when you get Smashers and a ton of Propane Husks headed your way.

Comment

You should announce that you want to do this quest early, particularly true if in a survivor mission, as I will nearly always trigger the siphon for the 2 free blu glow (in case of a med kit guy) and to clear a ! from the map.
                      Oddly they sometimes survive the 1st wave with no defense even at pl 52 which is kinda funny, so 4 free blu glow ;)
                      Most people remember this quest as it's a pita to complete, I will help if asked and will typically turn up anyway for the 3rd wave even if not :p

Comment

Yes, a major PITA mission. I usually 2-manned them with a rando, but it took a little time to find people willing. One tip: Make sure you choose a non-timed mission like the balloon, van or fight the storm. That gives you plenty of time to solo it if you have to. The waves are pretty short, so build a strong fort and hope one other rando joins in the fun. Epic needs to tweak this quest to make it clearer to understand, too.

Comment

I had poeple tack the reward for the siphons well li was was doing repairs before starting wave 3 multiple times. I got it done eventually but it was a huge resource drain.

Comment

CAN THEY Freaking REMOVE THIS ******** MISSION NOW IM STUCK ON IT FOR 2 days after a Lvling Spree from lvl 1-20 in 3 days IM SO Triwwwiggerd! no info is given nobody helps noone communicates NO VOICE CHAT IN THIS GAME ARE THEY CRAZYYY!!!?? IM TWIIIGeerrrd Make it a Full mission or something or just Delete it i dont care anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Zowie View Post
                              NO VOICE CHAT IN THIS GAME ARE THEY CRAZYYY!!!??
                              Hate to cut in here but I have asked before, is this a PC issue?

PS4 and from what I've heard XBoxOne have had voice chat from the start.

Comment

I just asked players to help when I had to do that mission. 9/10 times, someone will assist you.

Comment

Easiest way to do this quest is to get a friend, go into a match with friends only and get your siphon.

Comment

Working...
                                  X