X

Game Crashes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Crashes

Quick Update: We have several crashes identified and working on fixes now. Patches will be out as fast as we can make changes, test them, and then deploy. Look for a patch this week. Thank you for all the help here on the forums much appreciated. --Zak

Heya everyone,

The team has been hard at work to identify and clean up a number of different crashes across all platforms. We want to reach out and ask you to share your experience with any recent crashes you have encountered.

A few questions:
    • When and where did you crash when playing Fortnite?
    • What platform were you playing on?
    • What action were you performing when you crashed?
    • Is there a specific mission or time in the mission you crashed?
    • Have you crashed in any of our menus?
    • Were you playing with friends/a party or were you playing alone?
    • If you have any additional info, feel free to share it!

We wanted to note that Xbox players are reporting the highest frequency of crashes at the moment, and we are looking for any and all info if you are one of theses players.
    This information is key to identifying various crashes and will help us fix each issue quickly, and effectively.

Thank you in advance to everyone for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Cheers,
    S-LG
    Last edited by zkz-nito; 08-07-2017, 07:08 PM.

I was having a TON of crashes playing from a laptop over the weekend. On another laptop (thats a ton more "powerful") I wasnt having problems, and on my "gaming pc" I was perfectly fine, so I assumed that the laptop itself just was struggling. Last weekend it was fine though.
    • When and where did you crash when playing Fortnite? All day saturday morning, sometimes loading into missions, sometimes while in missions.
    • What platform were you playing on? PC
    • What action were you performing when you crashed? Various - usually loading in
    • Is there a specific mission or time in the mission you crashed? Random
    • Have you crashed in any of our menu's? Not that I remember
    • Were you playing with friends/a party or were you playing alone? Was partied with 1 other person for most, but also some solo crashes.

Typically I'd switch computers and be fine, which is why I assumed it was my laptop.

Comment

After any mission completion (or mission leaving). Stuck on the loading screen (infinite).
        PS4 Pro
        Returning to base (square button)
        Any/every mission
      • Have you crashed in any of our menu's?
        No
        Happened in both solo play leaving shield base, and party play with randoms in missions.

NOTE: Once this happens, it's like Fortnite servers and my PS4 are caught in an endless loop of communication. The only way I can login back into the game and play again is by turning off my PS4 completely from the UI (properly), then restarting the console. If I don't do that, and simply close the application, I will get server timeouts trying to log back in.

2ND NOTE: This is all "on top of" or "in addition to" horrible PS4 rubber-banding even when I can login and play. Hadn't seen any rubber-banding until Patch 1.3 (which is 1.4 to everyone else not on a PS4).

Comment

• When and where did you crash when playing Fortnite? One was during Storm Shielf defense, many particles on the screen (I was dashing as the outlander). Also crashed various times in game non-storm shield defense.
        • What platform were you playing on? PS4
        • What action were you performing when you crashed? Varies, mostly running
        • Is there a specific mission or time in the mission you crashed? No, it seems random.
        • Have you crashed in any of our menu's? No.
        • Were you playing with friends/a party or were you playing alone? With a friend.

Comment

Xbox One S...Sometimes it crashes after the mission is over. Before it cuts to the screen where is says VICTORY it will freeze up and I'll have a black screen of death. Sunday there were four of us playing and had been playing together for a few hours. Suddenly three (3) of us had the black screen of death just as the mission ended.

I've also crashed when running around in the world doing general looting. It will suddenly kick me to dashboard.

I've not had any problems in the regular menu, it's only when we are in the game world playing a mission.

Comment

[*]When and where did you crash when playing Fortnite?
            Happens in all the environments, doesn't matter if its early in the day or late at night
            [*]What platform were you playing on?
            PC
            [*]What action were you performing when you crashed?
            Happens at random, can be when I am shooting husk, harvesting materials, or just standing around waiting
            [*]Is there a specific mission or time in the mission you crashed?
            Has happened during all the mission types in the first 2 areas, cant make it into CV so I dont know about there but the times seem to be random but usually after the first 3-5 minutes
            [*]Have you crashed in any of our menu's?
            No
            [*]Were you playing with friends/a party or were you playing alone?
            Happened multiple times during both solo and with a party
            Last edited by Incurable; 08-07-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Xbox1.
              • Had crashes while doing various actions and standing still (opening the over-lay map seems to be a common action relating to crash).
              • Only experiencing crashes at the moment while in mission,with friends or randoms.
              • A common crash point is the transition to end match cut scene or scoreboard.
              • Had crashes in almost all,if not all,mission types.

Last edited by DJ Trig; 08-07-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hope I can help, so here it goes:
                Always during a mission. Sometimes at the very start of it, sometimes midgame. I can't confirm it, but often when players join the server, there is a brief stutter, and I suspect it is possible that the crash occurs in that instance.
                PC
                Often when harvesting resources, but than again that is what I mostly do in any given time...
                I find it happens more often in the city urban areas. Most likely happens very early or at the start, rarely midgame or near the end.
                If the mission crashes, it usually is the same server. So it can happen 1, 2 or 3 times on a single game, while it will not happen at all most of the other games during the day.
                Never.
                Never happened when I was alone.
                It's monday. I hate mondays.
                edit: Scratch that, more usefull to say, I never got a crash untill the recent patch (1.4, was it?)
                After the patch the crashes started occuring fairly regurarly.
                It could potentially be a coincidence, but I never saw people complaining about it before patch either.
                Last edited by Crusader_bin; 08-07-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] S-LG View Post

• On nearly every mission.
                  • PC (custom built specifically for gaming)
                  • It has happened when killing husks, building, collecting fragments on my outlander, or running through the zone.
                  • Almost every mission a crash can or will occur. I've had it crash me out of the same mission twice before it even ends which results in a score of 0, resetting of my quest progression and no rewards despite the use of resources/traps/ammo/etc.
                  • No crashes on the menus, thankfully.
                  • Both friends and alone. Sometimes the people I play with crash at the same time as me too!
                  • I submit the crash logs when prompted too but would be happy to provide copies of the .log files if necessary. Cursory glance indicates a lot of audio errors but that may or may not be related to the crashing issue.

Comment

A few questions:
                    • When and where did you crash when playing Fortnite? - My game starts lagging when im in the menu or in game after like 3-5minutes after starting up te game.
                    • What platform were you playing on? - Im playing on PC
                    • What action were you performing when you crashed? - The lag happens after 3-5 minutes after starting the game and it doesnt matter what im doing cause the game crashes anyway. Tried everything.
                    • Is there a specific mission or time in the mission you crashed? -
                    • Have you crashed in any of our menus? -
                    • Were you playing with friends/a party or were you playing alone? - Im playing alone
                    • If you have any additional info, feel free to share it! - Its not only the game which starts lagging, freezing and crashing my pc is also freezing and really slow after the game crash. After this happens in the game my whole pc is having issues and disables my WiFi adapter, mouse and sometimes my second screen.

Comment

Right before the cut sceens at the end of missions the screen will go completely black only showing the mic icon in the top left of the screen for the other players and just freeze. I then have to colse app. Once in a while the app will crash while closing and generate the Play Station error message.

this will happen about every 4 missions. I have noticed if I keep harvesting after the countdown timer the crash rate increases
                      I have only crashed once or twice in the menues or in the middle of game play. I have logged about 150 hours of game play

Comment

• In Missions
                          • PC
                          • Playing the game
                          • No
                          • No

Comment

I posted a thread on this. I've been able to reproduce this issue twice. On different accounts (Both on Xbox One Day One console)

First Time was the tutorial mission. Had just finished the collecting all the nuts, bolts, twine, and was heading to defend the tower. Pressed up to launch the menu and got dashboarded to XB1 main menu

Second time, my son was playing a level 3 mission (defend the van)

They finished the mission, but the cutscenes hadn't launched saying the mission was complete. He did similar to me, he opened the world map and was dashboarded. I tried to pull DVR video but couldn't.

In his case when he logged back in, it gave him credit for the mission, as well as a level 1 chest. He should have had higher, due to the number of players and the XP he earned, but at least it gave him credit.

As far as the OS in using, I'm on the beta release of the XB1 software, and I'm also an Ambassador for MSFT, and I've seen similar issues come through the "Helpdesk". It seems to be an issue across a few games.

Comment

VERY sporadic - my room mates both crashed in a match, and I didn't, then next match I crashed.
                              PS4
                              Sporadic - happened after inserting blu glow one mission, happened when tallying point another, happened in the last 20 seconds of a count down in another
                              Any/every mission
                            • Have you crashed in any of our menu's?
                              Not until this patch with this frequency
                              Happened in both solo play leaving shield base, and party play with randoms in missions, and when playing with others on LAN

Comment

• When and where did you crash when playing Fortnite? Plankerton Encampment mission lvl 28
                              • What platform were you playing on? XB1
                              • What action were you performing when you crashed? Dancing before the victory screen
                              • Is there a specific mission or time in the mission you crashed? Very end of the mission
                              • Have you crashed in any of our menus? No
                              • Were you playing with friends/a party or were you playing alone?Party with 1 friend. There were also 2 other people that were random. My friend also crashed.
                              This has been probably the 4th time today that the game has crashed when loading a victory screen.

Comment

• thaminiwise commented
                                Editing a comment
                                When and where did you crash when playing Fortnite? When i try to launch the game, when it finish loading it crashes.
                                What platform were you playing on?PC
                                What action were you performing when you crashed? It just pops a little window that the game has crashed and i need to press OK and close it.
                                Is there a specific mission or time in the mission you crashed?Only when i try to launch.
                                Have you crashed in any of our menus?no
                                Were you playing with friends/a party or were you playing alone?It doesn't really matter since it didn't crash in middle of a game.
                            Working...
                            X