Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.2, recombobulator feedback. DONT CONVERT!

Collapse
X

4.2, recombobulator feedback. DONT CONVERT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the points of this system is to rebalance weapons and get rid of the unbalanced ones. So it depends on the schematic. A lot of mine were already exactly in line with what the converter gave me so there was no point not to. But I also have an axe with two +critdmg and one +critrate, and a pulse rifle with +firerate +ammo +reload that I won't convert, and we all know what happened to the noc. Oh yeah and my siegebreaker with 3 +dmg rolls. Always carefully preview!

Comment

Are you seriously complaining about this change Sure, we can't do ridiculous perk combos like all reload or 100% critical chance, and? The new choices are vastly superior over the old. This is an all around buff to weapons and traps and going by the math, I simply can't see how 99.9% of legacy items shouldn't be converted. The only "nerf" was to critical chance, but no one seems to mention that we got a critical damage buff in its place, making critical the more RNG damage type as with any other video game in existence. Meanwhile, damage perks have been buffed in order to make both builds viable and now dependent on the weapons base CR/CD as well as your hero and squad bonus choices. This is ridiculously good for the vast majority of the community and far better than I would have ever expected from Epic.

Comment

An example of a weapon not to convert.

This shotgun gives me 400 knockbock, its insanely good for stopping hordes of husks and pushing smashers down for team mates to deal blows

I have tested on a spare one I have, and in the conversion there is no knockback perks to replace this.
        Some weapons are also dual elemental, if you convert it then you go to a single elemental.

Comment

I have to commend them for the effort, but it's pretty much terrible if you valued a weapon for anything other than +DMG, and even then its mostly a wash. It's neat that many weapons get an extra perk, but that perk being at Lvl 25 means the vast majority of players won't get any use out of that,
          Plus there's the fact that this drastically reduces the variance between weapons, which might have been part of the goal, but I think it really takes away from the game knowing that all the ranged scematics are going to be "+DPS, +Utility, +Element, +DPS, +Conditional DMG, +Weapon Bonus" now.

Comment

It will change. It needs more variety. However it’s also more in line with an RPG. There are always limits and brackets and categories for equipment. It will be expanded on in future patches.

Comment

The system was never intended for you to upgrade your already great rolls, which is why you have the option to not convert your legacy weapons. The system is for rerolling your “useless” weapons and to give players some control over getting decent weapons worth keeping rather than crying about the RNG of llamas and getting worthless weapons from them. Now any weapon from a Llama or cache or where ever can be made better with some effort. The system works. I like it. It’s improved Founder’s Pack weapon’s. Founder’s llama weapons. Has added new perks like Life Leech, Attack Speed and Movement Speed to melee weapons. Let’s us specialize weapons around their abilities to Afflict, Knock Down, Snare, etc. All round it’s a better system than before because before it was all just a **** shoot. When you give a beggar a burger, letting them pick out their own toppings, and they complain they didn’t get steak. Lmao.

Comment

Seems like half of these people are forgetting that you can upgrade the perks now, and past tier 3.

So sure, you might lose a damage perk, or a reload perk, or a crit chance perk on great weapon rolls, but then you upgrade the perks to be pretty much on par (if not better).

And if it had god rolls? Don't upgrade it. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterHunter View Post
                  Seems like half of these people are forgetting that you can upgrade the perks now, and past tier 3.

So sure, you might lose a damage perk, or a reload perk, or a crit chance perk on great weapon rolls, but then you upgrade the perks to be pretty much on par (if not better).

And if it had god rolls? Don't upgrade it. It's that simple.
                  This. All of the weapons that "you shouldn't convert" from what I've seen are pure trash compared to what they will be once converted and upgraded... Seriously, what in the world are people smoking?

Comment

From my experience with the system, most legacy weapons benefit from being converted. The only time you should think about it is if you have multiple slots with the same ability (2+ for most abilities, 3+ for damage) or if the weapon features crit rate effects.

For legacy weapons that repeated abilities, it usually is still good to convert them, but not right away. Instead, wait until you have the materials to upgrade the perks, and then convert it. Most of the perks can be upgraded to some pretty effective levels. The exception is if you get a niche item that rolled a lot of the same non-damage abilities, as the total may be greater than what you could obtain reroll-wise.

The other caveat is with critical weapons, particularly critical hit chance. The new critical rating system gives diminishing returns, so that each point gives less of a bonus. The old critical rate weapons keep whatever their rate was, so if you have a weapon with multiple crit chance mods, it's wisest to keep it legacy.

Comment

I will say that after messing around with it, the system isnt as horrable as I first though, But its not nearly as good as it needs to be either. The system works great for traps, as basically every trap heals you or the building its attached to. And while I have made most of my weapons into 4.2 convertions. I still end up with roles I dont want, AKA do more damage vs this. Imo these roles are pointless. As a simple +damage does the same thing.

But im still sad that I will never be able to make my one pistol which I like into what I want it to be. It has over 118% reload speed. What used to take 2.8 seconds to reload, now takes 1 second. Converting this specific weapon will make it worse. As the top reload speed is 50% And while 1.4 seconds isnt bad, its still slow, compared to other handguns that reload at 1 second without perks.

And yes, I could add a element to it, But then it becomes the same as everything else, probably nature damage, because it causes affliction damage, And then I have to choose a "do more damage vs THIS" which i feel is a wasted perk. As it never combos with anything.

So I digress, Its not absolutely horrable, But it still needs alot of work.

Comment

I can agree that for traps it usualy ends out well. For weapons it many times does not. But there are a few exceptions to this which should be noted. A +10% white damage perk is much worse in its old state. Since this can be upgraded to be higher under the new system. Upgraded perks can compensate for 2 white perks. And thats where the advantage shows up even on weapons. But when a weapon already had 3 orange rolls and 2 blue rolls, it might not beat the new system at all. And sometimes the 6th perk actualy makes the weapon worse because it cant be changed.

2 things i would like to change:
                        - The ability to convert the 6th bonus perk. For this it could change to another bonus perk, or just become a 6th slot like the other stats (except unable to be upgraded and by that always be a rare stat). Some bonus perks are just horrible (ie, the roman candle on the dragon roar which does such low damage you wouldnt even notice it when its removed)
                        - When there are 2 perks of the same type, and the new state only allows 1, it allows you to select which one of the 2 you want to preserve (the free slot will take the other stat, which means you can preserve the blue and get the new one as a white stat).

Comment

I think all in all, weapons are going to be far more powerful then before. Granted, you won’t have odd extremes like 100%+ reload, but 75% reload isn’t too shabby at all, plus you will have a more balanced fire arm with the ability to have more damage or what ever other features you want.

Comment

This slotting system is pure garbage & needs to change, the changes they made to crit are horrible, and balancing a looter shooter (in case you didn't realize this is what this game is ) has alwas been the kiss of death. Before this patch there was a possibility for something better a reason to log in everyday now I am done I got everything nothing will be any better and switching my God roll weapons to this excuse of a nerf is not an option. I already lost one good weapon by doing that I had a Dragon's fang spear with 90% crit chance 160 crit dmg & caused affliction. Now it does 53.5 crit chance 50 Crit dmg & reduces incoming Dmg. It went from being one of my favorite weapons to being a reason that when I come accross it in my inventory a reason to hate epic it almost instantly erases all the good will they have earned from me & makes physically ill.

Comment

I want my effing spear back this system sucks if you don't realize that then you either had a **** armoury or **** for brains.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkForceLegend View Post
                                I think all in all, weapons are going to be far more powerful then before. Granted, you won’t have odd extremes like 100%+ reload, but 75% reload isn’t too shabby at all, plus you will have a more balanced fire arm with the ability to have more damage or what ever other features you want.
                                Yes, because what this game needs is for every weapon to have a mediocre roll so we can all stop chasing a god rolls on weapons & focus on doing what...?

Comment

Working...
                                X