Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Season 2 Battle Pass was simply unfair- Here's why the rewards should come back!

Collapse
X

The Season 2 Battle Pass was simply unfair- Here's why the rewards should come back!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The season 2 battle pass featured the hands down best battle pass rewards we've seen so far. Though it wasn't exactly loaded with content, the items in it were very high quality. The only issue with the season 2 battle pass was its progression system. Non shade towards EPIC, especially since it was their first take at the battle pass system, but the season 2 battle pass was simply just unfair, here's why:

Daily challenges- The main way to gain tiers for the season 2 battle pass was by completing daily challenges. Daily challenges could stack up to 2 + 1 bonus battle pass challenge (If I'm correct, apologies if I'm not). This means that each day, if you completed all your challenges, you progress 1.5 tiers for your pass. Very reasonable, however Fortnite gained most of its popularity mid-late season 2. This means that even if you joined mid season 2, and bought the battle pass on the first day, you would be incapable of completing the pass without spending any money. It would take 46 days to reach level 70 progressing at 1.5 tiers per day. Of course you gain battle stars from just leveling up, but they were minimal and did not assist much in the journey to the Black Knight. This of course isn't a very valid argument, as the solution to have completed the pass without spending money would've been to "play earlier". Playing earlier wasn't much of an option, because if you didn't play earlier, you probably didn't know the game existed. The whole concept of the daily challenge system didn't really work as expected. If you were to miss a day of playing, you would have lost a whole tier of progress, because challenges didn't stack past 2.

In season 3, EPIC introduced the weekly challenge system. This. was. amazing. It completely solved the whole daily challenge problem, because even if you missed say, week 4, you could still go back and do all 7 week 4 challenges. This means that even if you joined on the last day of season 3, enduring the biggest Fortnite grind of your life, you would be able to reach John Wick. Balanced, coordinated, and just plain awesome.

Here's my proposition-

Give the season 2 players that never reached tier 70 a second chance!

Now, I know, every person that has the Black Knight, and wants to keep it a rare skin is thinking:

"No, it should never come back, it was a season 2 exclusive!"

I agree completely with that statement.
    The rewards should never come back in a regular manner.

Hear me out-

If you played in season 2, and purchased the battle pass (and didn't complete it), you deserve a second chance (in my personal opinion). I think that if you didn't complete the season 2 battle pass, you deserve a shot at redemption. Here's how the system would work-

After reaching tier 100 in the current season, and completed all the weekly challenges, there should be an option to "Return to an old battle pass". Between the time it takes to finish the current season (reaching tier 100, and finishing all challenges), and the start of the next season, is how much time you would have to return to an old battle pass. In that time, you would be presented with new challenges, to gain tiers to complete the old battle pass. If they don't want to add challenges to an old season (which EPIC probably doesn't), they may simply add the option to purchase all remaining tiers of that battle pass as the only form of completing it.

Now the question remains- IS THIS BALANCED, AND DOES IT KEEP THE RARITY OF THE PAST ITEMS?

Yes, it really does, because...

-It is only available to players who purchased the battle pass they would like to return to.
    -It keeps the rarity of the items because it wouldn't be available to new players, only those who played in that season.
    -It would generate more money for EPIC if they chose to only allow purchasing tiers as the only form of obtaining missing tiers (perfectly reasonable).
    -It would make millions of players worldwide happy who never got the chance to obtain the single-handed best skin in the game to date (my opinion of course).

Thanks if you read all of this, please leave opinions, and if you agree with what I said, please upvote it so EPIC can consider it, it would mean a whole lot to me :)

Shuuuut up. Once the season is over its over.

Comment

• MuchachoFam commented
      Editing a comment
      True, but I'm just trying to state a point on my opinion on why I think they should return, so no need to be rude about it.

theyre just skins, who cares. this game will probably be dead by 2019 anyways

Comment

• MuchachoFam commented
      Editing a comment
      The game likely won't be dead by 2019, at least for the real players. Most people who joined after season 3 will be gone by then, leaving only the people who really enjoy the game and aren't just riding the bandwagon. Skins matter for us real players because it shows you are dedicated to the game.

My comment is if they would have any feel the need to put older skins back then they can have a week where you can buy it. But seriously its just a skin. Its not a big deal whether or not you missed out on it, thats on you. Its not epics, they feature these items the times they have them, once they're gone, they're gone. Why would people spend so much money on this game for skins? Its not special

Comment

Ive been playing this battle royale since like the first week, and its only getting worse. this game will be dead because 1. the hypetrain is stop, seems like its already dying down and 2. real developers are gonna all have battle royale modes this year that will actually work, not like this buggy ****. If epic wants to stay relevant, they need to stop adding random garbage and fix their bugs.

Comment

• MuchachoFam commented
        Editing a comment
        I started playing early December (late season 1), so I'm considerably OG. I've noticed that the game has begun to die down out of nowhere, which I think is weird because of how fast it blew up. I love the game, but to keep it relevant they need to fix their problems and add cool features and cosmetics that will keep people interested. Adding Battle pass 2 back (sort of) would give a reason for the mid-Season2 players to come back and get their skins.

Exactly. They need to fix their errors. We dont need new content for a while. Fix all the bugs!!!

Comment

Nooooboooodyyy carrreszs
        Post in the **** BR forum section. How are you BRats this dumb?! Honestly you kid baffle me so much. Read ffs.
        Now this is a story all about how Fortnite got flip turned upside down,
        And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there,
        I'll tell you all about the release of BR in September.

First Play Date: 21st July 2017(Pre Order Bonus)

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

• MuchachoFam commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmao I noticed that it was in the wrong forum immediately after posting it, sorry about that.

• Vidi Vici Veni commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem, I just don't understand how it's so hard to miss the BR forum lol

• MuchachoFam commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just posting in it, so I just must've misclicked or something, little embarrassing.
      Working...
      X