Why did you remove cross platform from Xbox and pc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you remove cross platform from Xbox and pc

I am pretty upset. I was doing research about the game and people were saying that they could play with their console friends. Now o find out that you guys patched that away a few days ago!! How do o get refunded for the 2 copies I bought for my dad and I to play on Xbox and pc?

It was never cross-platform between PC and consoles, just cross-progression between PC and PS4.

Comment

It was, and i believe it still is possible on ps4, they remove xbox pc play, because microsoft, ekhm i mean money...

Comment

It isn't their fault. Get mad at Microsoft. There was never cross play for this even when it came out for Xbox to PC.

Comment

But microsoft allow crossplay, xbox is basicly windows10 with different gui, but you cannot just make a crossplay game without ms knowing. imo You have to pay them...

Comment

They had it in there without microsoft's permission, microsoft is against cross play unless it is a microsoft exclusive Xbox/PC game. So they had to patch it out. Crossplay still works with PS4/PC. It is even in the patch notes that they took it out at because of Microsoft.

Comment

Might have something to do with Microsoft's play anywhere program. You buy a play anywhere game on PC or Xbox you get access to both platforms for the price of one. Perhaps it wasn't Microsoft's greed but Epic's?

Comment

Originally posted by MushroomC1oud View Post
                Might have something to do with Microsoft's play anywhere program. You buy a play anywhere game on PC or Xbox you get access to both platforms for the price of one. Perhaps it wasn't Microsoft's greed but Epic's?
                No. Its Microsoft.

1. Patch notes say that.
                2. It is a known issue, Microsoft is against crossplay on any games they are not involved. They say it is because they can't guarantee online safety in cross play...

To quote from other threads on the same issue:

Originally posted by Dzydvl View Post

There's a brief explanation in the Patch notes. In a nutshell. PC-PS4 has crossplay. XB1, crossplay was removed at the request of Microsoft. Nothing to do with Epic. They didn't go any further than that answer. The other thing I can say is Darren S posted on Twitter he is still hoping this can happen in the future.
                Last edited by AllPainful; 08-12-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Microsoft doesn't allow anyone to cross platform. MICROSOFT IS MICROSOFT AND YOU WILL WORSHIP!

Comment

Epic's official stance from the beginning was no crossplay, even between ps4 and pc. (just check the FAQ page)
                    While it could be done, it was not released or advertised as crossplay.
                    So you buying it based on other people saying they could is on you. (And kinda on Microsoft for making them remove it.)

Comment

Just to drop some true info to this topic in this thread.
                      1. there was xplay between PC and Xbox
                      2. Epic removed xplay between PC and Xbox and had a line in the patch notes, a bit vague saying why (which can be interpreted in many different directions)
                      3. Epic removed the vague explanation later on
                      4. Microsoft’s stance to xplay between Xbox and Win10 (not to be mistaken with Xbox Play Anywhere) and even xplay between different networks is “it is open to the game developers to decide” you can find articles and press releases on that if you search for it (beginning 2016 I believe). Rocket League was one of the first games to do that and even implemented xplay between Xbox + PS4 + PC, and asked Sony to give the ok to put it live. Sony never gave that ok, which is why we have xplay on Rocket League for PC + Xbox + Nintendo Switch or (PC + PS4). Sony’s excuse for not joining the party “Sorry I can’t. I have to think about the children.”
                      5. Claims which say Microsoft are against xplay are hater talk or people just repeating hater talk.
                      6. When Epic accidentally had xplay activated for FN:BR between PS4 + Xbox, Microsoft’s VP of Gaming tweeted “I would have liked to see them leave it on.”

Comment

Xbox does not need cross play.

Keep the filthy PC/PS4 players out of our golden kingdom.

The "P" in Ps4 and Pc stand for ***** if you didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by SaschaAM View Post
                          Just to drop some true info to this topic in this thread.
                          1. there was xplay between PC and Xbox
                          2. Epic removed xplay between PC and Xbox and had a line in the patch notes, a bit vague saying why (which can be interpreted in many different directions)
                          3. Epic removed the vague explanation later on
                          4. Microsoft’s stance to xplay between Xbox and Win10 (not to be mistaken with Xbox Play Anywhere) and even xplay between different networks is “it is open to the game developers to decide” you can find articles and press releases on that if you search for it (beginning 2016 I believe). Rocket League was one of the first games to do that and even implemented xplay between Xbox + PS4 + PC, and asked Sony to give the ok to put it live. Sony never gave that ok, which is why we have xplay on Rocket League for PC + Xbox + Nintendo Switch or (PC + PS4). Sony’s excuse for not joining the party “Sorry I can’t. I have to think about the children.”
                          5. Claims which say Microsoft are against xplay are hater talk or people just repeating hater talk.
                          6. When Epic accidentally had xplay activated for FN:BR between PS4 + Xbox, Microsoft’s VP of Gaming tweeted “I would have liked to see them leave it on.”
                          This X 1000.

Everyone needs to release Microsoft is all for cross play, Sony are the ones against it....

Comment

Originally posted by Hop499 View Post

This X 1000.

Everyone needs to release Microsoft is all for cross play, Sony are the ones against it....
                            Oh boy! It's that time of the day again! Here's some proof to support what you are saying!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/ar...ween-consoles/

And can I say Minecraft a game where you can make certain body parts out of coloured wool being one of the testing ground games with the Switch and we all know that Nintendo is the most kid friendly game company ever so you know something is wrong with Sony when even Nintendo is jumping on this train ride right?

Comment

Working...
                            X