X

Your account can not play on this platform

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your account can not play on this platform

I have purchased a copy for both Xbox one and PC. I cannot log in PC using my account and it says, "Your account can not play on this platform. Please contact customer support." I have disconnected my Xbox account to see if that was the case, but it did not work. Do I have to buy another copy???
    Last edited by Just in Time47; 07-25-2017, 07:49 PM.

Did you purchase 1 copy or 2 already?

Comment

• Just in Time47 commented
      Editing a comment
      One for Xbox and one for Windows

I have the same issue, I sent in a ticket as well. I bought a copy for Xbox and decided to buy a copy for PC.

Comment

A Fair number of us seem to have this issue. If you own a copy on PC and own a copy on Xbox one of them will not work. All any of us keep getting from support is a canned response about PC and Xbox not being cross platform play. No one seems to understand we are talking about having paid for 2 copies.

Comment

The first copy you purchased needs to stay linked yo your epic account. Unlink the second version and create a new/second account, and link the system yo the new epic account. It seems 1 epic account can not have a Xbox copy and ps4 copy linked to it.

Comment

Here's the response from customer support:
          The reason you are receiving this error message is because you originally played on XBox One and this doesn’t support cross progression.

In order to resolve this you need to unlink your current PSN account, create a new Epic account, and relink your PSN account to the new Epic account in order to play without an error message.

Comment

• Rock1231 commented
            Editing a comment
            NO THIS IS BULL I UNLINKED MY PS ACCOUNT HOPOING TO HAVE MY XOBX STUFF ON IT AND I WANT MY SAVE THE WORLD 150 $ edition and my teir 83 battle pass back on ps4!!!!!

• bibbyshon commented
            Editing a comment
            same just in time47. I lost all of my battle pass skins and everything. all of my emotes are gone too and now I am default skin when trying to transfer from my xbox to a new Ps4.

• MinerXGames commented
            Editing a comment
            But the account I want to play on has battle pass on it. Can I get that to the new account?

Anyone know how to unlink the PC copy?

Comment

• CoolDude1122 commented
            Editing a comment
            just go to account when your on the computer and when you do go to conected devices and it should have pc or something and just take it off of their

tried unlinking the xbox account and moving it to a different epic account. Still can't play PC.

Comment

By any chance did you guys buy the upgrade pack in-game and are now trying to activate the additional copy on another platform different to the one you upgraded on?

Comment

Okay so I've messaged support 3 times with different answers that weren't even what I was having problems with.If you're having the same problem go to "customer support" at the bottom then "billing" section then "How do I request a refund" and finally fill out that form to get your money back and just make another PC only Epic account.

Comment

I get this error message and I purchased a single copy for Xbox, standard edition. Was playing fine before the update at 3am last night

Comment

I am officially done with Fortnite; I will go through every sleepless night finding out a way to get a refund for the PC version. I cannot stand the lack of help the customer support has given me. Thank you "Epic Games" for making me waste $40 on a waste of 15 gigabytes that serves absolutely no purpose at all.

Comment

Just in Time47 and everybody on this thread,

Definitely frustrating I can only imagine =/. What I'd like to remind you of is that this game was never released on a console until it went live 4 days ago. There are a LOT of kinks to work out. The Epic team has been working diligently to try and get stuff up and running for everyone. It's not that they're ignoring you, it's that they don't have a solution to the problem yet. I did see a lot of posts that said that if you bought PC and Xbox at the same time it would cause issues (which is probably the issue you're having, just an assumption). Obviously this SHOULD NOT cause an issue, but unfortunately right now it is causing one. I'd recommend you give them a little time and let them figure things out. It's really a fun game that traps you in. There's a reason people are able to put in 8-16 hours a day playing this game and still feel like they're going through withdrawl when the servers crash!

Comment

Just note that I wasted $40 on a game that I can't play because Xbox does not support cross-play. I will forgive this game if it lets me restart my progress in order to play on the PC. There is only one solution that could let me play on the PC, and its to completely delete my Epic Games Account. Is there any way to delete my Epic Games Account and sign up again with my email?

Oh and by the way I still want that refund. I cannot play on another Epic Games account because I only purchased the game on this account.

Comment

this is horse **** i want my money back

Comment

Working...
                        X