X

General Feedback - PvE might as well be dropped now and refunded fully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Feedback - PvE might as well be dropped now and refunded fully

This game is going to die before it becomes completely free-to-play.

The game was originally advertised to be a Cooperative Base Building/Tower Defense game which rewards players for working together instead they implement mechanics that reward players for leeching meanwhile punishes players for actively working. Resource drain hits the person trying to complete the mission both in-game and outside. Players have a life, we work, we go to school, we have families, **** happens in life and we sit down and spend time on a game like this to enjoy ourselves but when we are told that we need to spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week to make even a dent of progress or to even see the slightest bit of decent rewards in these timed events it is completely demotivating. What makes it even worse now is ever since the release of the PvP mode every patch clearly shows more resources is dedicated to PvP as opposed to PvE and that is a pretty big "**** you" to the players that supported Fortnite during alpha, beta, and the founders editions of the game as without them funding and feedback wouldn't be as high as it was. Since the company was not willing to hire paid testers and went with the early access testers, you should actually read feedback from your official forums, ingame feedback, social media, and lastly your own developers and marketing team needs to actually play the game OUTSIDE of company hours so they understand what kind of game you are pushing.

Originally posted by Kurriihiko View Post
    This game is going to die before it becomes completely free-to-play.

The game was originally advertised to be a Cooperative Base Building/Tower Defense game which rewards players for working together instead they implement mechanics that reward players for leeching meanwhile punishes players for actively working. Resource drain hits the person trying to complete the mission both in-game and outside. Players have a life, we work, we go to school, we have families, **** happens in life and we sit down and spend time on a game like this to enjoy ourselves but when we are told that we need to spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week to make even a dent of progress or to even see the slightest bit of decent rewards in these timed events it is completely demotivating. What makes it even worse now is ever since the release of the PvP mode every patch clearly shows more resources is dedicated to PvP as opposed to PvE and that is a pretty big "**** you" to the players that supported Fortnite during alpha, beta, and the founders editions of the game as without them funding and feedback wouldn't be as high as it was. Since the company was not willing to hire paid testers and went with the early access testers, you should actually read feedback from your official forums, ingame feedback, social media, and lastly your own developers and marketing team needs to actually play the game OUTSIDE of company hours so they understand what kind of game you are pushing.
    I enjoy the PvE personally and i see progress between FTS and Horde Bash as FTS was rather boring and Horde bash attempts to allow a little player involved randomization to help cut down that boredom.

I've never leeched in the game, and if your having an issue with leeches / afkers etc just leave the mission and restart or find some friends / make some friends and play the game. Most nights i have a hard time not having 30-a few hundred people on my friends list playing Fortnite between the PC and PSN. (Remember PC, PSN, and Mac can all play together).

I work as well. today i went into my office at 3 AM i wont get to leave till 7 PM and i wont probably touch the game till tomorrow cause week days are a hard sell for me lol.

I had similar feelings against the PvP community in the past. However, I think you've ignored the patch today if you feel its PvP only. It did work on class balancing, increased husk hp, and also opened up access to zones progression in HB that players had in the game. Not requiring them to do power 5 if they are in CV instead they can pop forward. This said i too would like more work done on PvE but I atleast seem to disagree with you on the point that only PvP is being patched.

Finally, an answer to their development team. They actually do play this weekends, and week days. Also, their community leaders do who are "players" who were chosen to help moderate x or y place.

I understand your experience hasnt been the greatest and i sympathize with you on that. I would gladly be a friend to you and play the game if you want sometime. Im sure the people in my community would as well. It seems a lot of your complaint has to to with bad play experiences with bad players who didn't care to help or do their part of objectives.

That can easily be changed by becoming active in fortnite communities there are tons of them.

I wish you a lovely day kurriihiko, and i hope your frustrations will settle down and you can enjoy either this game or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell Crannel View Post
      also opened up access to zones progression in HB that players had in the game. Not requiring them to do power 5 if they are in CV instead they can pop forward.
      but no skill points, you are still forced to do tier one and two and farm for skill points, pretty much is what we did last night, still time consuming and honestly fool to open top tiers and not give us any skll points

Comment

The patch today is exactly why I wrote this, it literally punished players that have made steady progress in the game while rewarding leechers in PvE specifically the Horde Bash event.

Prior to this patch people progressed based upon effort and completing the challenges for each level at the highest one, it is perfectly viable for players to be +/-10 and contribute a significant amount of firepower and building to the team so as long as their schematics were maxed out as personal PL doesn't mean much since it increases based upon other players. I would finish HB52 at C2 or C5 and still be withing 1k damage of all the other players at PL40 now I am PL47 and still not allowed to select HB52 meanwhile in the normal story I can still select missions that are PL70?? Like how does that make sense granted all I do is Build the Radar which requires no combat if you're fast.

On top of the fact that enabling all challenges at T1-T3 does NOTHING to help the fact that higher level players still HAVE to complete lower tier challenges since they still need the skill points from the lower levels to build the base. What they should have done was keep the previous progression restrictions but change the rewards so that if someone completes a T3 challenge they will get awarded skill points for T1 and T2 as well. Not this whole "oh you progressed with friends into higher levels but none of you are at PL100, we're going to prevent you from completing any more quest and pretend you haven't made any progress what so ever."

Additionally the massive amount of grinding needed to "evolve" your weapons, heroes, and survivors is ridiculous wasting an entire week or two just grinding out resources only to blow it all off attempting to bring ONE up to a usable state in the next tier is stupid and encourages bots and scripting such as the "gold farmers" found in MMOs. Look at all the feedback there are always complaints about the poor drop rates for the Rain look at your schemes they require hundreds for a single one. There is also no incentive for leveling up lower rarity heroes, schemes, survivors as they are considerably weaker than the legendary variants. A 1* Legend at 10/10 is still just as strong as a 2* 10/20 Epic but requires less resources to craft AND doesn't need to burn your drops of rain and as the levels go up that difference gets significantly wider and wider.

Comment

Oh and playing the game on the clock is NOT the same as playing off the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell Crannel

kinda funny you say 99% of ppl left months ago yet the number of active PvE players keeps going up. I've also seen an influx of players for PvE in every PvE discord im a part of so. Maybe some people left but not 99%.

Also, note your suggesting people kill game developers. you don't see that as a little extreme?
            Just report the post so he gets a time out and takes a breath man. Some people have a hard time controlling their frustrations and it gets the better of them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bell Crannel

You dont seem to realize Cussword was saying that to you.
                There's plenty more he doesn't realize, lol.

Comment

I think someone needs a hug, or a cookie, or perhaps just the whaaambulance.

Comment

Originally posted by Liguar View Post
                    I think someone needs a hug, or a cookie, or perhaps just the whaaambulance.
                    I'll sign up for the first two! Are you offering? Well, depends on the cookie.

Comment

• Liguar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Always. I have been told that I give the best hugs, though I would add the caveat that my 4.5 yo is not the most discerning of reviewers and may be slightly biased. Cookie unspecified, but guaranteed to not be raisin because those things are evil.

• excat_56 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Better get to baking then!

Hahaha! Good grief! Well this thread was a joy to read! xD

I might make just one suggestion... Look up the definition of "literally". (it might help people take you more seriously in the future)...

.....probably not.

Comment

Just... lol. I work. And when I came home I invested a few hours playing PvE... even squeezed in 3 games of PvP to pacify a friend. Anyway, point is, putting aside the fact it's a video game and a big waste of time in the grand scheme of all Creation, I was still productive with my evening. Evolved and maxed my now 3-Star Legendary Base Kyle, transformed about 3k of research points and 420 people into a few items worth keeping, evolved my Epic Zapper pistol and unlocked it's Nature+Affliction perk (love it, btw), completed my Shelter Skelter quest because I was fortunate to find a mutated storm on it with 12 drops of rain as a reward, completed my final quest to get the final fourth of the new event heroes, leveled up two scavenger weapons for some Horde Bash tonight, got a bunch of drops of rain running mutated storms with drops as a reward in addition to the Perpetual Storms quest that gives 8 drops every two mutated storms mission, and opened a Scavenger Llama to receive the Legendary Scavenger Outlander.

Now, that's just my experience, so I clearly feel like you're not speaking for me. Which informs me that this is only your opinion about the state of the game. So I will take it with a grain of salt... and there's plenty of grains to choose from as it seems multiple shakers have been emptied throughout this thread, lol.

I for one personally feel (see what I did there... emphasized the fact that this is only my own perspective and not some assumptive and arrogant blanket expression of the "majority" who I have no right or authority to speak for...) that I have gotten MORE than my money's worth, as the money I spent on the Limited Edition Founder's Pack and the Upgrade from that, and all the llamas since, have rewarded me with exactly what was advertised: Early Access, months of daily llamas, exclusive content, etc. The PvP, the Founder's month, the StS event after that, the current Horde Bash, new schematics and heroes and defenders... I didn't pay for all that. Bonus! Maybe I purchased the wrong Early Access pack to a free game in development.

Which was the pack that included the entitlement and the pedestal upon which to stand and hurl thunderbolts of insults, desires for murder and suggestions of suicide at my fellow lowly men? Was there a Deluxe Deity Edition I missed out on? Or maybe someone has been playing too much Smite or Skyforge? Does somebody need a kind reminder that they're not a god who gets to determine who ought to live or die by their overinflated opinion of themselves and their position as a Founder, that "Divine Form" doesn't work over here, that they're not even an Alpha male speaking for the whole pack of gamers who also got exactly what they paid for, whether they realize that or not?

I know a great place online to order some trail sneakers... because it seems this game isn't for some people, and maybe they should just take a hike ;)
                      Last edited by Pjthines; 10-12-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• excat_56 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would plus one this but I can not on my phone, so +1

@LtMouse wow man " all my friends, their friends and their friends friends still enjoy Fortnite" how much is that, 4 people? You make it sound as if your friends was an army, wonder why is so hard to find a match if everyone you know is in total bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by excat_56

I appreciate the compliment to my age, but rest assured, like most of your comments, you are wrong.

Irrational people like you are easy and fun to toy with, you are easy to manipulate, all you've done is made an *** of yourself all across the forum today, and let rational people, with a few comments make you drive off the deep end. It's been entertaining at least.

You are a rather amusing person, but seriously, hope you get help for yourself. You need it.
                        Hahaha yeah... This kid is either a troll, or just a kid.

...Definitely a kid... may be a troll, too. Either way... It has been entertaining.

Comment

Considering this thread is no longer constructive feedback of any kind, not conducive to any kind of productive discussion, can we just have it moderated already and locked so that it sees a proper burial, because for all the things suggested that should die throughout these useless and unnecessary posts, this whole hot mess is the only thing that belongs forgotten in the ground. Please.

Comment

• excat_56 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Fairly sure there are no mods on right now. I reported his first post over an hour ago, along with quoting it in the thread for posterity.
                        Working...
                        X