Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evolved Sword, now unable to make one. Stuck now without a weapon.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolved Sword, now unable to make one. Stuck now without a weapon.

So I evolved Founders Blazing Masamume to Star Level 3 and now I am unable to make it due to it needing reagents, I have yet to find and do not drop in the levels my character plays in. So basically this schematic is now useless to me and I can no longer make the Two Star version using reagents I still have. There should be a way, once you level a schematic, to still make the lesser versions if you want. I'm now stuck without a sword on my ninja. The time and effort it takes to evolve a weapon, and now to lock it further behind a wall of no reagents, is beyond stupid. This game gets worse and worse, the more you play it.

Level your Epic version up to silver. It will serve you well enough to finish Plankerton.

Comment

Well, you do get three different schematics for the weapon. If you've over-evolved the Legendary one, then fall back on the Epic version. Worse case, there's always the blue one lol.

Comment

Legendary Sword at 3 Star, level 22 750 DPS ( I can no longer make)
        Epic Sword at 1 star, level 7 312 DPS (the best sword I can now make)

So for me to continue to play the game, I must now go back to using a 312 DPS weapon, to grind and grind and grind, to level it up and up, so I eventually get into the zones that drops the reagents to make my Legendary sword again . . . . GENIUS, at 2 Stars, it was 605 DPS. So by Evolving the weapon, I basically screwed myself, with no way to make the earlier version. Excellent.

Comment

Yep gotta read those new stats and crafting requirements when evolving those weapons. Makes sense as a star 5 weapon should not make me go to zone #1 to get the goods to make the epic beast of a paper cutter. Lessons sometimes get taught the hard way in life. I did the same think with my sword and used a different until zone #3. This way because I did not pay attention to the details. I do know they mention they are working on the UI and tutorials so hopefully in the future it will be easier to see everything instead of the small crafting icons just before you click evolve.

Comment

I also did this with my sniper. Was a solid kick to the balls. But meh.

Comment

They could fix it all by making a mechanic where you can break down your high level reagents into lower level ones, or combine your lower level ones into higher ones. It's grind after grind, I get that, but this is not making much sense. The other way to do it, is better, being, once you evolve an items, you can still make the lesser star versions, if you want. It's not like once you discover a way to make an upgraded item, your brain suddenly forgets how to make the old version.

Comment

honestly i did the same with my Drum Ar so i used my other epics and surprisingly they were more useful than i thought when i only used Drum

Comment

they should just make it so u can craft lower tier version of ur schematic. just pop up a box letting u pick lower tier.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss, but appreciative of the heads up.

Comment

I did the same with my sword. Once mine broke I realized I have a Mythic Swordmaster with no sword! Ugh... I have jumped in level 40 areas hoping to get the fine mineral and to look for Malachite Ore. I got a drop of fine once in 10 missions but not enough. I have seen two missions that reward Malachite. One in level 40 missions we failed due to a level 19 jumping in and starting the bomb cannon before defenses were set. I could not replay. And one in a level 28 survivor mission where the game threw me in with 5 mins left and there was only one other person in the mission with two survivors found out of six. Defeated again though I did finish building that 6th relay tower which took forever cause they kept throwing me in games 3-10 mins past start and it would already be built so no credit. By the way, if you get defeated the relay tower does not count. I could not play the mission again. I luckily had one sword in shield storage and I leveled an epic nightcleave for when the last sword breaks. Lesson learned. I could level the epic version of sword but it gives me an opportunity to try a different one. I have a epic greatsword I can level also in case I hate the cleave. Saw a guy use one and he wrecked. I can usually hit around 1000-1600 in combat but this guy was well over 2000.
                      Last edited by Sixplicit; 08-11-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I did the same thing, lvl 28 and up has one malachite in each lvl, finding it is a pain. But ive made a couple now and the sword does take forever to break. I agree with being able to make a lesser star weapon.

Comment

Once again, a downgrade option would be most welcome. But that kind of convenience is directly against their F2P model, so not gonna happen

Comment

I dont see the issue here since you have an epic aswell. Just level it up to 2 star 20, it isnt that much of a grind. I've pushed several melee weapons to 2 star level 20 just to test them properly to see how they compare to my beloved heavy sword.

Sure you cant recycle the founders weapons, but maybe you have a few non-founder epics or legendaries laying around. Level those up then recycle them when you have a big enough pile of T3 mats for your legendary. Also, have you compared the stats of your other weapons to the legendary to make sure it is actually worth it? Your epic version may have better stat progression.

Comment

How is it the game's fault you didn't pay attention? Remind me how that makes a game terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X