Assault Rifle Damage and Headshot Multiplier Hotfix - Nov 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Rifle Damage and Headshot Multiplier Hotfix - Nov 22

We recently released changes to the Assault Rifle and SCAR in Monday’s hotfix, and have been seeing a lot of discussion about headshot multipliers since then. After some internal testing we have decided to make some changes.

What’s changing?
    • Reduced Assault Rifle base damage.
      • Common reduced from 32 to 30.
      • Uncommon reduced from 33 to 31.
      • Rare reduced from 35 to 33.
      • Epic reduced from 37 to 35.
      • Legendary reduced from 39 to 36.
    • Reduced Assault Rifle headshot damage from 2.5x to 2.0x.
    • These changes do not affect the Scoped or Burst variants of the Assault Rifle.
    EDIT: This hotfix is now live. A big thanks to everyone who participated in the discussions leading up to this change. Because of you, we were able to turn this around very quickly. Be sure to let us know what you think about these changes!

Happy Holidays,

The Fortnite Team
    Last edited by [EPIC] SKY-LG; 11-22-2017, 08:50 PM.

Will have to do some testing, but this looks pretty good :)

Comment

what in the ****.. how above aim assist or anything else, is this what you decide to change. No one is asking for this...

Comment

Good change, though it feels weird to see the single shot AR having the only unique headshot multiplier.

Comment

I think it's a good change, with the precision buff of those weapon they became too powerful even at far distance, those weapon will still be good and not op anymore, good :D

Comment

"Plenty of streamers were asking for this"

This is exactly what they don't need to be doing, listening to all the streamers. I've seen this happen before with other games and devs, they put features in the game no one wanted just because a few popular streamers wanted it. Listen to feedback from the community as a whole, not a few streamers as they will whine and complain your great game into the ground. Summit thinks shields should be removed from the game, he also thinks the ultimate ability in Overwatch should be removed all together. Love Summit, but he's just wrong about a lot of things. The public PTR should have been put out before any of the recent changes were implemented imo, but hey, I'm not a streamer so what do I know.

Comment

Great change. Love the quick turnaround from the best BR team out there :)

Comment

Honestly, I thought it was fine and didn't need a fix. But we will see how big of a difference the changes make I guess.

Comment

Will this affect DPS vs buildings aswell ? Would love to see that getting adjusted properly . now that people keep the left click button pressed and cover is very expensive to hold against.

Comment

After quite a few matches where I went down in 1-2 bullets from an assault rifle from either close or far ranges, this nerf definitely seems like a good thing. It felt too powerful getting such easy kills with so few shots.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] S-LG View Post
                      We recently released changes to the Assault Rifle and SCAR in Monday’s hotfix, and have been seeing a lot of discussion about headshot multipliers since then. After some internal testing we have decided to make some changes.

What’s changing?
                      • Reduced Assault Rifle base damage.
                        • Common reduced from 32 to 30.
                        • Uncommon reduced from 33 to 31.
                        • Rare reduced from 35 to 33.
                        • Epic reduced from 37 to 35.
                        • Legendary reduced from 39 to 36.
                      • Reduced Assault Rifle headshot damage from 2.5x to 2.0x.
                      • These changes do not affect the Scoped or Burst variants of the Assault Rifle.
                      We expect this hotfix to go live today, Nov 22, within a few hours (as of 5:30pm Eastern Time). A big thanks to everyone who participated in the discussions leading up to this change. Because of you, we were able to turn this around very quickly. Be sure to let us know what you think about these changes!

Happy Holidays,

The Fortnite Team
                      Sad to see didn’t think there was a problem with the damage. But since ur in the mood to speedy fix something think you could eventually add some bounce or recoil to the crosshairs when people or jumping or maybe even increase the jump cooldown to one bid or 2 small jumps with a 3 second cooldown. Most annoying feature is people jumping around with shot guns or any weapon. Only way to contour is to do it. No way a person could jump and hold a guns crosshairs exactly in the same place every time

Comment

I'm not a streamer at all, not like they are the all knowing ones anyways, we all play games the same amount for the most part, they just film themselves doing it. That said, I'm really glad they adjusted the headshot damage cause it was pretty cheap the way it was before. Snipers should be the only thing one shotting heads with full armor on. I do agree with the post above mine too by ZYXEX. It would be nice if the crosshair would bloom while jumping to negate people jumping so much during a gun fight. I get why to do it, it's just kind of lame that it's the most reliable tactic. I know we won't get it, but a gears of war style roll would be awesome and more fun to deal with. And yes, please please please fix the aim assist, and/or give us the option to just turn it off. Now that the rng accuracy is basically fixed, the aim assist is my biggest killer by far.
                        Last edited by Shulbocka; 11-22-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Indeed an accuracy penalty for shotgun monkeys would be utterly amazing....IMO a big cancer to this game..Also IMO the AR nerf is just going to encourage it more now because they can take more shots...I was actually happy with the way it was...I dropped litterally every bouncing shotgun guy(which is every other player across all platforms) I came across....Id be happy with a penalty from jumping, but not a cool down to jump again!

Comment

Still waiting for a fix for the false banning of players.

Comment

Glad you guys are on the ball about this since i was already getting a twitching left eye every time i got 2 shot from a AR under 0.3 secs. Will be testing today how to changes play out in-game and be sure to give feedback. Thanks in advance for listening to the community and hopefully AR's will have found a sweet spot now with these changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X