X

Assault Rifle Damage and Headshot Multiplier Hotfix - Nov 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this update, before i was able to make a kill in less then 3 seconds! Loving that you keep updating!

Comment

Originally posted by Rawrzory View Post
      Glad you guys are on the ball about this since i was already getting a twitching left eye every time i got 2 shot from a AR under 0.3 secs. Will be testing today how to changes play out in-game and be sure to give feedback. Thanks in advance for listening to the community and hopefully AR's will have found a sweet spot now with these changes.
      i think it wont be enough , its still too good of a building killer i noticed no building damage changes

Comment

Could you please clearify if this is about Battle Royal, or Save the world ?
        Or are we just to assume that all future content and changes is for Battle Royal ?
        It sure feels like it.. :(

Comment

I love the direction you guys are heading. In response to the shotgun talk above, if someone has a shotgun out and you can see that, don’t get too close. A shotgun SHOULD overpower almost any gun at close range, it’s a SHOTGUN. That being said, this is the only shooter I’ve felt has a decent balance between weapons where I don’t feel totally screwed by not finding an AR or shotgun right away. If I die it’s almost always because someone is better than me or because I made a bad decision.

Epic, keep up the work guys, you rock

Comment

Tbh im glad to hear this, as I see many players who play with AR only, and this quite successfully. I'm not envying their skills, but IMO it just helps raise attention towards other weapons, as the AR is (or was) definitely overpowered. I suggest buffing the SMG's to establish a better option for close-mid range, for which I currently use the AR.

Comment

It definitely feels better!

Comment

Originally posted by MurderOne. View Post
                I dropped litterally every bouncing shotgun guy(which is every other player across all platforms) I came across....
                Although I do find bouncing shotguns annoying, an AR should never win a fight at the shotgun's effective range. By saying you dropped all of them using AR only proves that it was broken.
                I'm personally glad I won't always die in 3 AR hits from accross the map while having full shield. That was very lame.

Comment

What an absolutely **** hotfix.... the people asking were the typical quake jumping idiots who have no skill... how about bowing to those players more and just care bare mode it by removing guns altogether

what needs adding more is like a half a second delay to be able to shoot after jumping to stop the jump shooting stupid game play...

the guns were fine and didn’t need the nerf... those asking need to play better

Comment

Hmm, new patch... Oh, wait. It's about ******** Battle Royale nobody cared for. Lovely.

Comment

I fully agree with your answer to the person mentioned above. This game is awesome.

goldenslot

Comment

The rifles are still breaking the game in a too major way . And this will just inflate over time . or just make the game die for those who love fighting over camping.

Heres a simple clip showing someone die to a Blue AR without a single headshot . and even if he would react instantly with a 180 turn and build the rifle dps would destroy the defenses killing him in the process.

This is not what i play the game for , it used to be really great to fight your way to the top . To have encounters last for a bit .

And then finally climax the game with a clutch .

It doesnt feel like that anymore so the game is ruined for me .

It should receive a way more noticeable and bigger nerf to bring the gun in line with other weapons.

Clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/TenuousStupidEyeballNinjaGrumpy

Comment

Bruh you guys dont understand how ridiculous it was for a good shot to have those AR's they were way too strong, those of you complaining are either enjoying how OP it is or straight lying. I been waiting for this patch since DAY 1. The AR's were WAY TOO STRONG.

Comment

Ok so after testing the waters for a few days, the changes make the overall gunplay feel ALLOT better. This is most likely a good spot (or very near to it atleast) for AR's to be. Sofar i haven't really gotten the feeling anymore i'm hoping for RNG to hit while at the same time when i hit it isn't destroying people in milisecs. Ofcourse there always will be room for fine tuning the damage numbers, multiplier and accuracy, but for now it feels this patch has atleast fixed the AR above all gameplay.

Good change overall. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I do support balance in PVP. I can certainly see how these changes are beneficial to competitive gameplay and fully support proactive action to balance that, so try not to take my next statement the wrong way.

How long this has been the case now I do not know, but my Nocturno went from ~832 per shot to 693. No hero changes, no survivor changes. Assault weapons are incredibly capable at pushing out damage but tend to have ammo efficiency issues comparatively (this is known as a tradeoff). I have found in using different weapons that nearly any assault rifle requires holding down the aim key to even be remotely effective against targets at close range, let alone the range they were made for. Pistols seem to not have this issue and remain very ammo efficient, but half the DPS, and shotguns seem to be the kings of damage and ammo efficiency. The standout feature is that assault rifles just do not work unless you are aiming down sights and if I am in sights all the time I want my efforts to mean something. In PVP I hear of headshots from assault rifles killing so quickly, and in short the changes made I do not think could have been better planned... for PVP.

Please keep PVP and PVE separate. I understand when your targets have 100HP it is pretty easy to drop nearly instantly. The targets we have in PVE are however far more healthy and plentiful. When a tank is pounding on a wall the last thing you want is to be shooting BB's. I do not even care if RPM is increased which would make assault rifles do the same damage as before (in PVE only) and increase the skill cap due to controlling the recoil from that change and adding in an ammo efficiency factor to offset that damage capability.
                              It takes a lot to make me post something however if you have listened to feedback so far maybe my efforts will be humored. This is not the first game that I have seen not separate PVP and PVE, which balance changes need to be considered for both separately given the variables in each environment which are very, very different in nature and mechanics involved.

Most of all thank you for listening to people. Just make sure the comments that are being listened to are applied to the right problem- not the problem that doesn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X