Server issue after today's update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• [OFFICIAL] Server issue after today's update

It appears our servers are taking a hit and are crashing which is affecting performance on both Save the World and Battle Royale. We'll be disabling stats while we figure it out. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: We have found stats are not causing our server issues and we'll be enabling them momentarily. We'll continue to work towards getting the servers back to normal.

UPDATE: We are still working on server issues and hope to have an update soon.

UPDATE: The server crashing issues in Battle Royale should now be resolved. We appreciate your help with figuring out the problem!

UPDATE: We are still working on client hitches and freezes in Save the World on PC.
    Last edited by [EPIC] Flak; 11-29-2017, 03:29 PM.

Update: We have found stats are not causing our server issues and we'll be enabling them momentarily. We'll continue to work towards getting the servers back to normal.

Comment

We are still working on server issues and hope to have an update soon.

Comment

The server crashing issues in Battle Royale should now be resolved. We appreciate your help with figuring out the problem!

We are still working on client hitches and freezes in Save the World on PC.

Comment

Any update?

Comment

They solved the battle royal problem. There will not happen anything else. They don't care about pve.
            Maybe with january patch it will be fixed.. or getting worse or like most bugs simple stay as it is.
            As you can see again the battle royal team is done with its work and there is no survive the storm team anymore

They said it often. battle royal will not affect survive the storm.

Comment

can you pls fix the fps stutterings/lag spikes ?? This is insane pls fix it fast !

Comment

The PvP issues got fixed pronto but the PvE is like an abandoned child.

Yet they said it over and over again, battle royal will not affect save the world . . . yeah right

Comment

Issue is mentioned in several different forums. The game has become virtually unplayable now. I agree with many of the posts above - the focus has shfted from PVE to PVP. This has turned all my friends off of this game, and I am about at the last straw. I hate to say this, but the pattern I am seeing here over the last 5 or so patches is disheartenting. I may never buy another EPIC game again.
                  Last edited by Tassardir; 11-30-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Wow, maybe I should do a charge back while I can and quit this if they really are abandoning PVE

Comment

• Tassardir commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They claim not to be abandoning it. You’ll see other forums where they detail the work that they are putting into it. Yet, for several update cycles now, all of the major work is on the new free PVP mode. PvE has received only cosmetic changes, while known bugs that were apparent months ago are not being addressed and new ones are added on instead. I get that it is an early access game, and as a software developer, I know how much work goes into fixing these bugs. However, it is the apparent lack of clear communication, vision, and developement strategy that has soured many of the early testers. EPIC seems to have abanadoned their paying supporters to focus on the new wave of players who have not payed towards this product’s developement. It’s a real shame, as this game does have a LOT of promise.
                      Last edited by Tassardir; 12-01-2017, 04:46 PM.

Originally posted by Seacow11 View Post
                    Wow, maybe I should do a charge back while I can and quit this if they really are abandoning PVE
                    Reading comprehension fail. Maturity fail.

Edit:
                    Apparently, calling someone out for acting like a child is an insult. It is possible to express concerns and complaints without threats or "the sky is falling" comments. They know it's broken. We know it's broken. They stated they are investigating.

If you want to chargeback with your cc, by all means do it. It's your credit report.

What's insulting is stating that the game has been abandoned when it clearly is not or has not been.

BTW, you claim to have knowledge that Save the World is their main money maker. Is there an earnings report floating around that provides this information? I'm quite positive far more people are playing BR, and players are able to buy Vbucks for that as well. It's possible BR is bringing in more money. If you have first hand knowledge of a P&L or revenue report I'll give it a look though to verify.
                    Last edited by DestructoSloth; 11-30-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Tassardir commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No need for that. He was simply responding to the sour mood in the last few posts, including mine. If I had just purchased the product only to suddenly find it unplayable and to hear so many negative comments from other experienced players, I would have second thoughts too. The need for you to insult him for voicing his feelings, that is the real fail. Hopefully the server issue can be fixed soon so he can make his own educated decision. :)
                      Last edited by Tassardir; 12-01-2017, 04:46 PM.

its suckk..i play normal before new update, and now everytime i play the pve it is always lagging.

Comment

Please fix lagg .. it's impossible to play ...

Comment

There are still a lot crashes, game break downs and freeze screens on Xbox One (PS4 as well). What about those and why do they appear, where is the cause? Please get us informed. I can't match make or grp up with friends STILL

Comment

These lags are freaking horrible. Sry. I will play on because I am near getting to twine peaks and have nearly 5 Mio survival exp. so way up to lvl 100 is on the wait.

Comment

Working...
                          X