Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Custom Matchmaking? (Private Matches)

Collapse
X

What Is Custom Matchmaking? (Private Matches)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Custom Matchmaking? (Private Matches)

Tomorrow you may notice a new “Custom Matchmaking” button appear in-game if you’re playing on PC and consoles. Why?

We are testing a form of private matches during the Dreamhack event we’re attending this weekend (December 1 - 3). We’re using private matches at this event to see how we can provide both fun and competitive, “special” events for you in the future.

The “Custom Matchmaking” button will be disabled at the end of the event and cannot be used outside of the event. We will share more information on private matches and how you can use them in the new year.

In the meantime, we know that you know there are lots of uses for private matches. Let us know how you would like to see private matches used.
    Last edited by [EPIC] Flak; 12-02-2017, 01:55 PM.

Private matches would be cool to invite friends and have it be a smaller portion of the map and 1v1s and stuff idk

Comment

• FaZe Hide commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that sounds super cool :D

Tournaments ;)

Comment

I think that being able to hold games with just your friends would be a great idea. But I don't think the map should be scaled down or anything because the games would go way too fast.

Comment

• SodiumChloride47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea but if the map doesn't shrink down you the game will go on for a while, but I see your point

• Greasey23 commented
        Editing a comment
        The game would go on for the same amount of time because the zones will still shrink the same. You just might not see as many people when the zones are bigger.

Private matches would be cool just to get a better understanding of the map, while also learning how and where to build, without any pressure.

Also love the idea of smaller 1v1s or 2v2s, though no way the current loot system would work for that.

Comment

• killmefondly commented
        Editing a comment
        It could be like cs aim maps with weapons just laying out there

Originally posted by [EPIC] arCtiC View Post
      Tomorrow you may notice a new “Custom Matchmaking” button appear in-game if you’re playing on PC. Why?

We are testing a form of private matches during the Dreamhack event we’re attending this weekend (December 1 - 3). We’re using private matches at this event to see how we can provide both fun and competitive, “special” events for you in the future.

The “Custom Matchmaking” button will be disabled at the end of the event and cannot be used outside of the event. We will share more information on private matches and how you can use them in the new year.

In the meantime, we know that you know there are lots of uses for private matches. Let us know how you would like to see private matches used.
      could you add the ability to add bots to practice and the ability to change the bots difficulty

Comment

I'ts good for organizate event whith team vs for competiont non official

Comment

The biggest draw of this would be the ability to play with NO AIM ASSIST, which anyone who plays this game competitivly understands is a travesty.

Comment

Just sandbox private play with friends where you can build huge forts and battle each other. Like Forge from Halo.

Comment

• wazzadude commented
              Editing a comment
              that would be sick

• TheWolf_1640 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not the only person that says sick when I think something is awesome.

• User1897213018 commented
              Editing a comment
              that would be fun

Private matches would be amazing for the competitive community! We have seen hundreds and hundreds of interested Fortnite players who want to get in the arena and fight players of their skill level. This would open up a whole new skill level and launch Fortnite into the competitive field.

http://twitter.com/eSportsEBR

Comment

Hey there, we need fortnite custom server with spectate mode, this way big streamer could have done big events with others streamers or community and cast it!

Comment

For Streamers, they can set custom matches with subs and mods or even pure streamers, I would love to see a Grimmmz V Cream V Summit1G and others.. Like an all start BR match

Comment

If you're going to pursue a competitive scene I suggest lowering rocket/grenade drop rate and having only one rarity for each weapon.

Comment

Really would love to see this. I'm part of a community that has a few hundred members, we'd love to have our own private games to see who is truly the best.

Comment

I Think It Be Fun And Very Cool If You Could Have A Private Match For Your Friends To Play Solo/Dous With Like Online But Make It Only Half The Map Not Full Maybe Or Have a Setting Were You Can Change It...

Comment

Think Halo custom games. How cool would that be to be able to come up with our own game types? Capture the flag, infection, king of the hill, etc.

Aside from that, custom games would be great for playing with a few friends when you don't feel like playing with the stress of playing with 100 other people.

Comment

I definitely think something like that could be the function to be used on minor/major esports or community-based events. This game has really good potential regarding both.

Comment

Many students from my school play fortnite BR so I could play solo with all of them and check who is the best player. BCZ all of students from my class were playing it before me so they think that they are better than me and bcz once they were playing at 3am and won squad first time (I was sleeping????????????). And also it would be really fun to play with all of them. Also streamers can invite people during their stream to a privaye match.

Comment

Many students from my school play fortnite BR so I could play solo with all of them and check who is the best player. BCZ all of students from my class were playing it before me so they think that they are better than me and bcz once they were playing at 3am and won squad first time (I was sleeping). And also it would be really fun to play with all of them. Also streamers can invite people during their stream to a privaye match.

Comment

Free build!!! Unlimited resouces

Comment

• djhaloman commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

• TNTMaster123 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  yea good idea very good

this would be amazing for 2 things having matches just against your friends and maybe add in a bot feature so it doesn't go too quickly and also to practice on ​​and secondly for competitive tournaments where you can get so many well skilled players all battling it out to see who comes out on top hope this feature does come to consoles at a later date too

Comment

Matchmaking doesn't work for me. The game is telling me I can custom matchmake but the code is invalid. Is this for streamers only?
                                  Last edited by Lichcraft101; 12-01-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

There would be a very nice way to impliment custom matchmaking. Make Area-Specific Keys with the names of major locations, this way a match of (2-5) or (10-30) people could be focused on a small area of the map making it more interesting.
                                    A coordinate code could also work like for example A1-D4 (resulting in a box of the map 4x4 with said coordinates) or C4-H9 for a more central location 6x6. rest of the map could be open at the beginning but the eye would focus in that specific area at first storm.
                                    Also this way people could practice special places in custom maps way faster. Random keys should always result in a full map scenario but the area-specific keys would offer a controled enviroment.

Also a time limit / allowance for the key generation should allow players to log in the game while waiting in the spawn area (hopefully not for too long) 120~180 seconds to login to coordinated matches should be more than enough as they are probably driven from Voice Chat programs.

Comment

Maybe the ability to create/customize are own game modes fileshare for them and screenshots! also on another note really need the dpad left and right to go thru weapons using y to cycle takes to much time and i press it to many times.

Comment

I would realy like if the game would be added to steam, because we can maybe download workshop maps and do cool stuff with that(hide and seek or 1v1 for example) and the community will grow for sure(steamgroups ect.) but I realy would like hide&seek and 1v1 maps in custom matchmaking

Comment

Why only on pc and not ps4 epic?

Comment

I have a question will you be adding custom matches for consoles as well?

Comment

please let use it for normal use. Just for inviting friends and stuff it would be the coolest feature ever.

Comment

Private matchmaking would enable users to better practice with weapons. For example, implementing a similar setup as overwatch, users could play sniper only games, close quarter shotgun games (I'm thinking to leave the storm static and allowing players to play in one town only). I know how gigantic of a task this would be but I feel like it would add even more replayability. Generally, allowing as much freedom as possible for setting up a match would be ideal: Weapon damage values, storm location and shrink timing, player count, building freedom. so on and so forth.

As a side note, I really want to thank you devs for making such a great game and interacting with the community as much as you possibly can. I've put about 8 days into this game so far and I haven't gotten tired of it even slightly

Comment

hide n seek?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sique Khan View Post
                                                    If you're going to pursue a competitive scene I suggest lowering rocket/grenade drop rate and having only one rarity for each weapon.
                                                    Lol, rockets are fine, headshots being luck based beyond CQB is not.
                                                    That's not even including how there is no loot algorithms to prevent retarded distribution of loot resulting in 20 gray SMGs, a rifle and a bandage in one town and 5 rocket launchers and 7 bolt actions in the next.
                                                    (This was an exaggeration but I had very similar happenings several times already)

Comment

Id say private matches would be good, maybe with scaleable rarity drop chances?

Comment

how can you play private match?

Comment

I just want to be able to run around the map and explore in custom games, alone or with friends, but we need to be able to disable the storm in privates to explore the hole map at once :D

Comment

It's keep saying that the key is not supported .. anyone got that ?

Comment

• Lichcraft101 commented
                                                              Editing a comment
                                                              Same thing here, Invalid code. Posted a comment a while ago but no response lol

Definitely something where you could enable or disable weapon/item spawning. Ammo stack quantity adjustments. Timer adjustments for storm movement. Damage adjustments for each phase of the storm. For the fancier request I'd love to be able to isolate areas of a map for smaller matches. Especially with the new City POI on the horizon :)

Edit: YellowToothpick mentioned a great idea with being able to scale the quality of loot drops as well. Fully support this
                                                            Last edited by Gr8iSt PrEz; 12-01-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

kit pvp sort of thing so u have weapons you choose your layout to fight friends

Comment

Can i send my friend a key?
                                                                I want to build a fort with him.

Comment

I can't wait for Private Matches!

Comment

I can't wait for Private Matches!

Comment

And how do we make a code?

Comment

• Lichcraft101 commented
                                                                        Editing a comment
                                                                        Exactly, How do we make a code

what is the custom matchmaking key?

Comment

I got this on ps4 but when I try to put in a key it says "Custom matchmaking key is not supported"
                                                                        and none of my friends have this option

edit: The option went away after I played a game
                                                                        Last edited by PhantomlyReaper; 12-02-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

it would be really fun to be able to create your own custom matches just with a bunch of friends

Comment

So how do i make a custom game? i am trying to make a game but keep getting the "Custom matchmaking key is not supported"

Comment

• #46
                                                                              yea how to get or make custom matchmaking key?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                Originally posted by MidnightToka420 View Post
                                                                                The biggest draw of this would be the ability to play with NO AIM ASSIST, which anyone who plays this game competitivly understands is a travesty.
                                                                                this guy got it

Comment

• #48
                                                                                  Would be cool if you can set the rarity of items in the match or what weapons will be in the match(example: Snipers and Pistols only). Turn building off or on. Set What kind of material may be used, say friends are playing each other and the rarity is set to commom and uncommons you wouldnt want the players to build out of metal because then others wouldnt stand a chance. And lastly set a proximity of where the eye of the storm maybe so the host cant just put it wherever he/she wants as it will be an advantage and an option to speed up or decrease the timers of the storm, how fast the storm sweeps the map, and how much damage the storm may do. It seems like alot but itll give friends playing each other alot of different ways to play and will almost never get boring.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                    You may have to use a IP Code for the matchmaking key, I'll check in on this later...
                                                                                    Edit: IP Code works but kicks you unexpectedly.... Why won't epic show us how to custom matchmake... Youtube it... Streamers show you most of the errors
                                                                                    Last edited by Lichcraft101; 12-03-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                      how do you join a custom match?

Comment

• Lichcraft101 commented
                                                                                        Editing a comment
                                                                                        You can't anymore, it got removed a few days ago

• #51
                                                                                      Reduction of lag

Hello,

This post is dedicated for those who suffer from lag and high ping, NoPing is software that greatly optimizes your gameplay.

With unique technology, NoPing Tunnel traces the best route to the server of your favorite online game.

Gaining up to 50% improvement depending on your internet!

Test for 3 days for free, if you register at the link below:

nopi.ng/forum

Watch the video below with and without NoPing!

Comment

• #52
                                                                                        Love this game. I would LOVE to see custom games in Fortnite BR. A feature that would help so much is to tweak the storm. If we cant play on a smaller version of the map, tweak it so that the storm closes in faster forcing everyone to get into the circle before the match becomes tedious. Another thing that may be cool for the spectator functionality (for streamers for example) would be a ghost mode where there is a Free camera that can pan the map (can zoom in and out in real time or maybe have a delay for fairness' sake). And also if possible, the ability to remove certain weapons/items from the drop list (like a custom setting) or make it semi exclusive (via supply drops). I truly hope you guys read this
                                                                                        Last edited by Slapy3058; 12-06-2017, 06:29 PM. Reason: A few clarifications

Comment

• #53
                                                                                          I would love to see a re-spawn kinda game mode. Might be interesting

Comment

• #54
                                                                                            you should 100% be able to do this, id be able to play with friends and master weapons and get used to the game without being rekt in online games

Comment

• #55
                                                                                              1v1's or other small groups, BUT THEY ADD CHESTS AND STUFF TO THE SPAWN ISLAND, AND YOU FIGHT ON THAT. ALSO YOU CAN'T SEE THE ENEMY UNTIL THEY DEPLOY THEIR GLIDER SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY WENT AS THERE ARE SO FEW PEOPLE.

Comment

• #56
                                                                                                Tomorrow you may notice a new “Custom Matchmaking” button appear in-game if you’re playing on PC and consoles. Why?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Devs,

I really love the work you guys a doing with this game, and love the way you follow suggestions from forums, Reddit, Twitter and more.
                                                                                                So i thought I'd give it a shot, and present you with my idea for the private matches.

Short background:
                                                                                                1. Problem with private matches/Private servers og sandbox modes were you can have freinds, og large groups is the over all effect to the official game mode.
                                                                                                - Example: Popular streamer start hosting local custom games with awesome give aways.. This will possible draw a lot of active players away from official game mode.
                                                                                                2. For custom games to work to the desired demands, it would take quite some effort to get a propper spectate mode/tools and special modifications in order to make it suited for tournament hosting.

Suggestion:
                                                                                                Every week a lot of smaller local lans is beeing held, where there is currently NO battle royal game that proviedes a possibility to host a local tournament, or the possibility to play with all participants. If you as host for the Lan could apply to the Official fortnite forum/site/ EG_employee for a event pass to host local tournament. He will then be granted a Key witch is only active for the duration of the Lan event, or if EG deside to approve another form of tournament.

Result:
                                                                                                - First BR game with posibility to host Lan/Event tournaments
                                                                                                - Will not draw too many players away from originally game
                                                                                                - Pure awesomeness!

****** Very nice holiday event btw! ;) *********************

Comment

• #57
                                                                                                  To just play with some friends and not 100 people.. not for competitive but just as a bants sessions with mates

Comment

• #58
                                                                                                    I think TDM would be cool. Each named town would be a map. 8 v 8. Capture the flag or King of the Hill with timed games of who holds the flag longest.

Comment

• #59
                                                                                                      Thats gonna be crazy, for marketing the game about e-sports, this game have all that the competitive needs, when the producers just give the chance, i know that are a lot of teams ready to play competitive on ps4

Comment

• #60
                                                                                                        How do i start a custom match making though?

Comment

• #61
                                                                                                          Something like forge from halo would be really cool. Where you could build/sandbox and then have people join and you can edit life and stuff to make your own gamemode. like hide and seek or zombies.

Comment

• #62

Fortnite Could You make the Custom Matchmaking for ever but that u can play with friends only like 10 people orso but if u win its not going on your score, or a other score aThat says Custom Match Wins Like that PLS

Comment

• #63
                                                                                                              Originally posted by spuddy222555 View Post
                                                                                                              Just sandbox private play with friends where you can build huge forts and battle each other. Like Forge from Halo.
                                                                                                              This would be an awesome addition to the game. I like the idea of it being a Forge from Halo. Imagine if we could build our own custom minigames like Sniper Fort Wars.It'd be cool to make our own stuff and to create forts and play with just your friends in 1 map. This would also benefit the streamers and viewers of the game which would make the interactions between the two even better.

Comment

• #64
                                                                                                                As being someone who's a part of a PC gaming community, this would be PERFECT for events for the whole community to participate in, attract new people to the community, and bring the members together on a large scale. On top of all that the game is free so the price barrier isn't even there. Pretty please make this available for everyone at some point!

Comment

• #65
                                                                                                                  Will someone answer, how do we custom matchmake? Type a random word, not supported. Type a ip code, not supported. Type a random number, not supported. How do we do this? Please answer someone.

Comment

• #66

Every legendary game deserves a tournament mode....imagine if faze and optic and all other big gaming groups start playing fortnite

Comment

• #67
                                                                                                                      This would be good for streamers so that they can play with their viewers.

Comment

• #68
                                                                                                                        urgent! can anybody explains why i cannot play duo mod in 2 A:M . i'm Vietnamese and playing in Asia sever

Comment

• #69
                                                                                                                          It might be cool if players make custom matches, and can share it on a specific page on the forums. Then other players can try it and rate good or bad. (1*-5*)

Comment

• #70
                                                                                                                            I think a great way to use the private matches would be in small parties (around 5-20 people) with custom settings. Where you would be able to change the first circle time to, lets say, 10 minutes, then everyone has to get into this small (custom sized) circle. I myself would love to see this. Private matches with custom settings that lets you change the circle time and how much it shrinks each time. I think it would give the game a great new style of playing

Comment

• ALPHAKnight1331 commented
                                                                                                                              Editing a comment
                                                                                                                              Well well said. It will be awesome

• #71
                                                                                                                            It would be awesome if we could play only versus friends or people that we want ;so that to challenge our friends . Please make it possible . Thank you.

Comment

• #72
                                                                                                                              on pc it is already possible and not on ps4, why? totally unfair

Comment

• #73
                                                                                                                                Anyone have a server up rn?
                                                                                                                                if so whats the code

Comment

• #74
                                                                                                                                  it could be fun if you had friends.... but what if you fought a random person in the custom matchmaking and can you make it like 50 Vbucks to make one? please thanks
                                                                                                                                  P.S i need more friends my name is DJ_weownthis

Comment

• #75
                                                                                                                                    I'd llike to be able to enter a random codeword and be put with all the people with the same code. Lets say me and my 3 friends put in "LOL" we'd be put in the "Lol" custom server where us would do solos dues or sqauds

Comment

• #76
                                                                                                                                      podrian meter para 32 bits fornite

Comment

• #77
                                                                                                                                        When will it be ready for us to play private matches?

Comment

• #78
                                                                                                                                          Please can you let us know soon about custom matchmaking i would really like to 1v1 my brother and it would be so much fun to 1v1 or any other things such as 2v2 etc. This would be such a good feature!

Comment

• #79
                                                                                                                                            If we could do private matchmaking (even without exp) it would be fun to go against our friends in 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 etc or make our own game modes. It would add a extra tint of less competitivity, which if i wanted, I would play pubg

Comment

• #80
                                                                                                                                              please introduse the matchmaking fort everyone

Comment

• #81
                                                                                                                                                Will they ever even add it though?

Comment

• #82
                                                                                                                                                  I have been playing this game for quite some time and realized one thing the strong pray on the weak. I'm not very good at the game but I love it if their was a mode where me and other low level people can work are way to the top that would be great.. I know the chances of this being read by someone is very slim. If some one see's this spread the word we need some sort of practice match in fortnite

Comment

• Nut_Shot commented
                                                                                                                                                    Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                    ranks have nothing to do with skills. However, training with people you know, making small matches with phew people and making similar mini-matches is definitely going to improve you.
                                                                                                                                                    I don't know why it takes so long to implement it :(

• #83
                                                                                                                                                  i want play vs friends too:/ and learn 2 better build!!! love this game <3

Comment

• #84
                                                                                                                                                    I'd be able to convince a lot more of my friends to give it a try if we could use a custom private match for some basic training...

Comment

• #85
                                                                                                                                                      I would love it if there was a custom game or private match and I would still play it even if it was glitchy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                                                      X