Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Custom Matchmaking? (Private Matches)

Collapse
X

What Is Custom Matchmaking? (Private Matches)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

Think Halo custom games. How cool would that be to be able to come up with our own game types? Capture the flag, infection, king of the hill, etc.

Aside from that, custom games would be great for playing with a few friends when you don't feel like playing with the stress of playing with 100 other people.

Comment

I definitely think something like that could be the function to be used on minor/major esports or community-based events. This game has really good potential regarding both.

Comment

Many students from my school play fortnite BR so I could play solo with all of them and check who is the best player. BCZ all of students from my class were playing it before me so they think that they are better than me and bcz once they were playing at 3am and won squad first time (I was sleeping????????????). And also it would be really fun to play with all of them. Also streamers can invite people during their stream to a privaye match.

Comment

Many students from my school play fortnite BR so I could play solo with all of them and check who is the best player. BCZ all of students from my class were playing it before me so they think that they are better than me and bcz once they were playing at 3am and won squad first time (I was sleeping). And also it would be really fun to play with all of them. Also streamers can invite people during their stream to a privaye match.

Comment

Free build!!! Unlimited resouces

Comment

• djhaloman commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

• TNTMaster123 commented
              Editing a comment
              yea good idea very good

this would be amazing for 2 things having matches just against your friends and maybe add in a bot feature so it doesn't go too quickly and also to practice on ​​and secondly for competitive tournaments where you can get so many well skilled players all battling it out to see who comes out on top hope this feature does come to consoles at a later date too

Comment

Matchmaking doesn't work for me. The game is telling me I can custom matchmake but the code is invalid. Is this for streamers only?
              Last edited by Lichcraft101; 12-01-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

There would be a very nice way to impliment custom matchmaking. Make Area-Specific Keys with the names of major locations, this way a match of (2-5) or (10-30) people could be focused on a small area of the map making it more interesting.
                A coordinate code could also work like for example A1-D4 (resulting in a box of the map 4x4 with said coordinates) or C4-H9 for a more central location 6x6. rest of the map could be open at the beginning but the eye would focus in that specific area at first storm.
                Also this way people could practice special places in custom maps way faster. Random keys should always result in a full map scenario but the area-specific keys would offer a controled enviroment.

Also a time limit / allowance for the key generation should allow players to log in the game while waiting in the spawn area (hopefully not for too long) 120~180 seconds to login to coordinated matches should be more than enough as they are probably driven from Voice Chat programs.

Comment

Maybe the ability to create/customize are own game modes fileshare for them and screenshots! also on another note really need the dpad left and right to go thru weapons using y to cycle takes to much time and i press it to many times.

Comment

I would realy like if the game would be added to steam, because we can maybe download workshop maps and do cool stuff with that(hide and seek or 1v1 for example) and the community will grow for sure(steamgroups ect.) but I realy would like hide&seek and 1v1 maps in custom matchmaking

Comment

Why only on pc and not ps4 epic?

Comment

I have a question will you be adding custom matches for consoles as well?

Comment

please let use it for normal use. Just for inviting friends and stuff it would be the coolest feature ever.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] arCtiC View Post

In the meantime, we know that you know there are lots of uses for private matches. Let us know how you would like to see private matches used.
                            Private matchmaking would enable users to better practice with weapons. For example, implementing a similar setup as overwatch, users could play sniper only games, close quarter shotgun games (I'm thinking to leave the storm static and allowing players to play in one town only). I know how gigantic of a task this would be but I feel like it would add even more replayability. Generally, allowing as much freedom as possible for setting up a match would be ideal: Weapon damage values, storm location and shrink timing, player count, building freedom. so on and so forth.

As a side note, I really want to thank you devs for making such a great game and interacting with the community as much as you possibly can. I've put about 8 days into this game so far and I haven't gotten tired of it even slightly

Comment

hide n seek?!

Comment

Working...
                              X