Dec.1 Update (PC only) - 4:00AM ET

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec.1 Update (PC only) - 4:00AM ET

Have you been experiencing crashing, freezing or hitching on Save the World since the v1.9.1 patch? We will be releasing a PC only update to address these problems on Dec.1, 4 AM ET. There is no downtime expected.

Will this also go hand in hand with PVP? I'm able to run the game on high and get 50 fps but, everytime I get into the bus mt game crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDADDY4544 View Post
      Will this also go hand in hand with PVP? I'm able to run the game on high and get 50 fps but, everytime I get into the bus mt game crashes.
      PVP/BR's was fixed already if you want announcements and Server status join the Fortnite official Discord

Comment

Originally posted by RaveingWolfie View Post

PVP/BR's was fixed already if you want announcements and Server status join the Fortnite official Discord
        It was said it was fixed, but I am still experiencing hitching in BR since yesterday like every 30 seconds. Playing on PC, EU servers. And I am surely not only one if you look on reddit or comments under the twitter post.

Comment

Originally posted by rapos2097 View Post

It was said it was fixed, but I am still experiencing hitching in BR since yesterday like every 30 seconds. Playing on PC, EU servers. And I am surely not only one if you look on reddit or comments under the twitter post.
          Same here was working perfectly before update, now my game just hitches.

Comment

not fixed, because I still have periodic lags in the game!
            looking forward to update!

Comment

Originally posted by RaveingWolfie View Post

it is written that in the morning there will be an update!

Comment

PVP its not yet working on my PC. ASAP update. Keep on CRASHING almost 2 days.

Comment

• BIGDADDY4544 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  same man, same.

• AceOFJoker22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah me too man it's still crashing here

Originally posted by [EPIC] MrPopoTFS View Post
                Have you been experiencing crashing, freezing or hitching on Save the World since the v1.9.1 patch? We will be releasing a PC only update to address these problems on Dec.1, 4 AM ET. There is no downtime expected.
                I have been experiencing continuous crashing, like thousands of others, in Battle Royale - an Unreal process has crashed. Game never crashed before the update, and has been doing it since, sometimes several times in a row. Most often in the match lobby, and usually at 00:00 when you get pulled in the bus... crash.

I don't see anything from Epic about this, are they aware of this issue? Are the Unreal crash reports arriving to Epic? I see they are investigating lag/hitches and that's good but surely crashes are maximum priority? Please look into this. Contact me at my email address (you should have it) for more info if you need.

Wish you would roll back to the previous version until you isolate all the bugs with v1.9.1 which make it unplayable for many.
                Last edited by Gaffovski; 12-01-2017, 12:52 AM.

Comment

PC ONLY?? I cant play on mac because of same reason.... random freeze, crash.... I cant kill the process, so i have to reset, no other way! Pls, fix it on mac, too!

Comment

Yes! before the patch my game never had these random / periodic minifreezing / stuttering, the FPS is solid at 80-100+ all times but this hitching every 30 seconds or so is very annoying :(

Comment

Ok, Nice the Update is coming through right now. :)

Comment

If it's relevant the seasonal shop's timer is at 0:00 an hasn't switched items.
                        This is relevant to be because I have been waiting for the shop to upate.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Have you been experiencing crashing, freezing or hitching?
                          yeah, but not in game, just every time i try to go near any kind of Hero Tab or Window.

Comment

• YukeraYasha commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I get this too, specifically for the "all heroes" window, and the hero window in the collection book

Update did not help, all also random / periodic minifreezing / stuttering lags! PLS HELP

Comment

it's still freezing for some seconds if you switch through some tabs/menus.
                            please fix.

Comment

Yep, still stuttering in battle royale. For me it comes every 1 min.

Comment

Originally posted by iMcClane View Post

PC ONLY?? I cant play on mac because of same reason.... random freeze, crash.... I cant kill the process, so i have to reset, no other way! Pls, fix it on mac, too!
                                Same here. have PC and Mac.
                                PC was more stable even before the update - now on mac - can't even join any mission - can go to my SS but not any other mission.

Comment

The 11-29 update ruined Battle royal for pc. The constant lag spikes, stuttering always seeming to happen the second you try to build or fight. Its infuriating and game ruining. Clearly that 11-29 console optimization hurt the pc players please fix this. This mornings pve patch didn't do anything to address the battle royal 11-29 update game ruining lag issues from that. 2 days now of this downgrade that makes it too annoying to play. Please address this devs, or atleast let us know you are working on it.

Comment

CAN YOU PLS READ WHAT THE COMMUNITY SAYS ?

Everyone has stutterings/lag spikes in PVP/PVE and me too. This is horrible to play
                                    PLS FIX IT

Comment

Nothing has changed, still fps drops, freezing and overall very annoying gameplay after patch 1.9.1
                                      Could you please fix this?

Comment

I cant even get the patch it keeps stopping at 20-25% then wont continue

Ok 1hr 10min update at 57% installed ... WTF it was a small update that i downloaded in seconds
                                        Last edited by Azragarn; 12-01-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Still the same for me, especially when you are in a mission and someone else joins, it freezes for about 10 seconds.

Also when you open the Hero screen, takes forever to open.
                                          http://renegade2k6.co.uk/

Comment

La mise à jour n'a pas marcher j'ai encore plus de freezes que avant et il dure plus longtemps ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgreen12 View Post
                                              The 11-29 update ruined Battle royal for pc. The constant lag spikes, stuttering always seeming to happen the second you try to build or fight. Its infuriating and game ruining. Clearly that 11-29 console optimization hurt the pc players please fix this. This mornings pve patch didn't do anything to address the battle royal 11-29 update game ruining lag issues from that. 2 days now of this downgrade that makes it too annoying to play. Please address this devs, or atleast let us know you are working on it.
                                              Yeah clearly it's because of consoles. Except that it's exactly the same experience on console. Starting with the 1.9 update it's been a steady degrade.

Comment

Can u fix this fvck bug You get a kick for cheating or Vpn this bug is so dumb holy i got banned for nothing i was new in this game. So pls Admins Fix it :)

Comment

Originally posted by lezzzo View Post
                                                  Update did not help, all also random / periodic minifreezing / stuttering lags! PLS HELP
                                                  Confirming this. The update did NOT fix the PvE. All it did was made the periodic minifreezes more constant, it's now pretty much every 90 seconds or so.

Also, after logging into the game, first time clicking on anything and the game freezes for a second or two.

Comment

Originally posted by iMcClane View Post

Nice... i go to play PS4, because cant play on Mac (random crash)... i played 15-16 mission in PVE, 3 times crashed... cant rejoin, no mission rewards! Sad! This is unplayable, pls fix it fast as u can (i want to play at weekend)!

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade2k6 View Post
                                                      Still the same for me, especially when you are in a mission and someone else joins, it freezes for about 10 seconds.

Also when you open the Hero screen, takes forever to open.
                                                      Same here ^^'

Comment

Still major issues in PvE. Hitching and stuttering from time to time just as before the patch. Same horrible frame drops when joining lobbies or when players are joining games you are already in. The old hitchy lag was annoying when people entered games in progress, but now it isnt a series of stutters when they join the actual map, now it is stuttering when they join the lobby aswell as close to full freezes when they join the map. Exact same issues prior to todays fix. Major FPS drops when entering one of the zone maps on the globe, major FPS drops when switching weapons for the first time on a mission.

Not much changed with the patch today. Slightly less hitching during missions, but it still happens quite alot.

Please fix this properly or do some form of rollback on some obviously hidden performance changes that went live in the original patch. You added some weapons and some mutant storm things, how could these things screw up performance this badly?

Comment

This didn't fix anything for me.

Comment

Well if its both consoles and pc lagging then they should just revert the 11-29 patch that caused this all until they figure it out. The game had no issues for pc before then never noticed hitching once past airbus initial loadings. The update added smoke and optimization for the new xbox. Clearly the xbox optimizations are what caused this issue. Keep the smoke revert the xbox optimizations or have a separate version for that console if its stable for them. Something went wrong there and now its the 3rd day of being unplayable and the dec 1st hotfix apparently didn't even help pve and definitely didn't do anything for BR on pc. I don't think its worth making pc and non xbox one x consoles unplayable as a tradeoff. Either revert for the time being or figure out what went wrong with the optimization but BR on pc never had any of these performance issues and all the performance updates seem to be console focused at the cost of pc. It's a bummer great game. Want to get back to playing please look into this.

Comment

actually feels worse than yesterday, plus now my in game chat is busted. If I type anything with "I" it stops chat and brings up the inventory. ugh.

Comment

Definitely still freezing on my system... never had an issue previously.

Comment

when the way to save the world is going to be free because there is so little for 2018, and please be between January and February

Comment

3x worse...

Comment

Awsome patch ! He's fix nothing :D

Comment

Yeah well done, you made it worse.

Comment

Its stuttering and lag spiking even worse all asuden tonight its completely literally unplayable how frequent and massive these mini freezes or lag spikes are. Either fix this for pc or revert the 11-29 patch that caused this. You are about to lose a lot of your pc playerbase if this isn't fixed soon people are losing faith. 3 days now of this.

Comment

I hope you guys fix this soon, cuz I didnt play for 3 days since its unplayable and the latest hotfix made it even worse..

Comment

• #66
                                                                              Please fix this soon, it was working perfectly on my mac pro 2017 before, now... I can't even complete a mission, it really sucks this update. It crashes, random freezing, even tho I downgraded all the video setting, but it is not working. Fix soon. It is an expensive game to be like that.

Comment

• #67
                                                                                I dont know what you guys have done, but I havent had any issues since a few days, spend a few hundred hours into this game without issues, but the last few days, games crashes every 5 minutes, got that weird white snowflake like flickering and then a freeze.

Comment

• #68
                                                                                  I hope you fix fps lagg issue

Comment

• #69
                                                                                    I have been trying to play the game for about 3 weeks and can not. When I open epic games launcher it says verifying update and at the bottom it says 0.0/0.0 bytes and no numbers appear. I have been uninstalling and installing and it still wont let me play.I created another account and it does the same thing. I feel like the 1.9.1 update just broke the game for me.

Comment

• #70
                                                                                      update did not help the PVP/BR's still crashes that a problem occured our internet is just fine PLEASE HELP it has been 2 days since we can't play fortnite here at asia server

Comment

• #71
                                                                                        Thats it folks; they've got your money, they dont care to keep the game running smoothly.

This game is dead.

Comment

• #72

Reduction of lag

Hello,

This post is dedicated for those who suffer from lag and high ping, NoPing is software that greatly optimizes your gameplay.

With unique technology, NoPing Tunnel traces the best route to the server of your favorite online game.

Gaining up to 50% improvement depending on your internet!

Test for 3 days for free, if you register at the link below:

nopi.ng/forum

Watch the video below with and without NoPing!

Comment

• #73
                                                                                            What time does the game come back?

Comment

• #74
                                                                                              I would like to know what time the Brazilian server will return.

Comment

• #75
                                                                                                my game is freezing all the time and i can play it please fix it asap

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                X