Chat channels temporarily disabled for StW mode

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• [OFFICIAL] Chat channels temporarily disabled for StW mode

We have to temporarily disable some chat channels (global/founders) for StW for unplanned maintenance. Players can experience intermittent issues with some social features in-game. Sorry! We're working to get chat back online ASAP. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by MythicBasil; 12-09-2017, 07:45 AM.

UPDATE: It worked for one match. That’s it. back to not working for the past 10 matches in PvE. :(

Team chat is finally working again! Thank you all for the hard work. Once global is fixed, I’ll be a happy papi.
    Last edited by Tassardir; 12-09-2017, 07:32 PM. Reason: UPDATE: Not WOrking again

Comment

Not having team chat in a mission that requires building is pretty painful... had a ninja who changed/destroyed everything I put up as a constructor, and then start the waves, just because I wasn't building the way he wanted, then he AFK/Danced at the Van until the mobs almost destroyed it, then left the game...

Comment

How long is chat going to be down for? It has been a day now and its hard to ask for help when you cant talk to anyone lol.

Comment

Any ETA on when we will have global chat back? Would like to be able to find ppl for my Twine SSD4 and Canny SSD9

Comment

I'm starting to think they aren't going to fix this, its been down since 12/9/17 its 12/11/17 now and still not fixed *sigh*

Comment

Too busy promoting the BR side? Does the in game voice chat work in BR currently? if so then I feel a bit like an unwanted puppy left along side the road! Ever since they went live with the 50v50 it is making the StW side almost unplayable. Their twitter team seems active, but really not linked in with the tech support people. Hitching, UI team mates names not showing, match join freezes, no global and intermittent team chat, come on Epic, been reporting these bugs for days and still not fixed, but FREE BR gets the love. Going to post this as a bug report slightly edited.

Comment

PvE players still have no global chat. MEDBOT quest still broken after 6 days. Seriously. Can you acknowledge that you are looking into something that might actually be with the PvE aspect of the game,

Comment

Originally posted by DonBasil View Post
                  We have to temporarily disable some chat channels (global/founders) for StW for unplanned maintenance. Players can experience intermittent issues with some social features in-game. Sorry! We're working to get chat back online ASAP. Stay tuned.
                  Two days later, chat still down in PvE, along with the game being unplayable due to a giant list of massive bugs you accidentally re-introduced with the 1.10 BR focused "patch."

At this point I'd rather just have a refund on this game.

Comment

Chat's still down...Huge amounts of lag when players connect, huge amounts of lag when Night changes to day, 2+ seconds of lag when opening the hero selection screen, deliver the bomb still has a chance to not spawn a Rift... The list goes on and on...

Comment

Dear EPIC teams, congratulations for your succes with Fortnite Battle Royale. But I prefer to play PVE games like Fortnite Save the World for exemple. For the last 4 days, it's been really difficult to play and enjoy it. Leechers infest nearly every missions, bugs are really annoying and I still need to find teammates to launch a shield defence mission. Without the global chat, I can't. And today still no answer yet. I can understand it's hard for you to develop both the PVE and PVP parts while you didn't expect the huge succes of the second. But It's very easy to give us some news. Community managers have sent messages for the PVP players every day since the update and nearly nothing for us. I played H1Z1 just survive and experienced the same beginning when the battle royale became famous. Years later, the PVE game is still in early access with empty servers as the PVP servers by the way. Do I have to leave this PVE game too because of the poor development and a great lack of communication ? I would rather not but I think I'll have to if things don't change. It's hard to play a cooperative game when you're one of the last players...

Comment

Four days, not even a status update stating that they're still working on it. To all the people continually saying "be patient" - Are you still hanging onto that argument? Are you still ok with being left in the dark?

Comment

(Already posted)

Why the problems of this FREE BR mode (that's not why I BOUGHT Fortnite early access) they just break all our part PVE ?

Why must we download both (Fortnite and BR)? One is not heavy enough already? What about the small connections of the players?

Is not it time and even that should not have already been the case to completely separate these two modes that have nothing in common except the menu?

The policy of making both games coexist in the same game is reaching its limits. CF the last 2 weeks of constant problems coming from BR and systematically affecting Fortnite (or conversely I do not know anything about it although I doubt it).

Why TWO different development teams if this is the same game, the same patches, the same bandwidth, the same servers, the same problems in the end? You do not keep your consistency until the end of the process dear Fortnite team.

It's getting enough, I think. Physically separate the 2 games !

Comment

Fix chat asap

Comment

Temporarily ? 3 or 4 days without chat (general and almost group).

When do you disable the lag spikes ? and the freezing of the games when a new player enter in a match (STW) ?

I understand that BR is very popular and you have a lot of visibility for that but maybe remember that someone pay for the other part of the game could be usefull.

Comment

Working...
                              X