Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Shield Update - 8:00am Eastern Time, (13:00 GMT)

Collapse
X

Small Shield Update - 8:00am Eastern Time, (13:00 GMT)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Shield Update - 8:00am Eastern Time, (13:00 GMT)

Fortnite Fans!

Prepare yourselves for a Battle Royale update incoming Dec. 19, 8am ET (13:00 GMT). We’re improving trap usability and introducing the Small Shield Potion for the survivor on the go.
    SMALL SHIELD POTION
    • Grants 25 Shield, to a maximum of 50.
    • Drops in stacks of 3 with a stack limit of 10.
    • Uncommon rarity.
    • Can be found in floor loot, treasure chests, and supply drops.
    • Consumed in 2 seconds.
    • Cannot be consumed while moving.

TRAP USABILITY UPDATE
    • The Spike Trap, Wall Zapper, and Ceiling Zapper have been combined into a single “Damage Trap.”
      • When this trap is in placement mode, it will automatically swap between floors, walls, and ceilings.
    • The Launch Pad, Vertical Jump Pad, and Horizontal Jump Pad has been combined to just “Launch Pad.”
      • The Launch Pad can still only be placed on floors.
    • You can now switch between traps using the same key binding as “Change Building Material.”
    • The radial menu to select different traps has been removed.

Our plan is to revisit a few of the traps going away in this update. There is a chance some of these traps may return at some point in a different state. There will be no downtime, and no update required. Keep an eye on our official Twitter for immediate updates. See you in game!

Experiencing issues updating, logging in or crashing in Fortnite? Reach out to player support here.

**** yea *****

Comment

I’m assuming this is solely form pvp mode since it says “Battle Royal” update?

Comment

• Nutter Nonsense commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure it is, since PvE = No Launch pad.

• Letha1 Phoenix commented
        Editing a comment
        Just wishful thinking is all, I’d love to see the damage trap implemented into Save the World.

I do not think the traps should be merged into the change building material control for us using Quick Builder, if you need to get back to wood after running out of stone for example and had no metal, you would need to push the button two more times to pass by the traps if i'm reading this correctly and they are after metal.

On console at least you could have R3 for selecting between the traps while keeping L3 for change materials for quick builder otherwise this could be a pain and the difference of winning or losing.
      Last edited by ImDoubleTrouble; 12-19-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I noticed you put the StW portion of the game on a 50%-off sale for the next two weeks.
        But, not the Ultimate Upgrade bundle.

That is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] SKY-LG View Post
          • You can now switch between traps using the same key binding as “Change Building Material.”
          • The radial menu to select different traps has been removed.
          Yes, because when I think of a sturdy wall, I picture it built out of launch pads. I'm not sure how I feel about the traps being reworked as materials over structures, but hey I guess that frees up a mouse button slot on my Naga Hex. We'll see how this plays out...

Comment

I Seriously think That the small shield dont have a place in fortnite battle royal cause it ruin the pleasure of this game. With everybody With 150 hp we can t one shot sniping him nor rocket or Grenade him. So the hype of doing a very long shot or simply intenting of rip a team With a rocket Will be loose. Don t like it. Shield Was a rare item but not anymore And it should be a rare item

Comment

Now shields are ultra-common. I found in one game 20 mini-shields and 5 shields and 2 (Purple thing that give you 25HP and 25Sheild). Getting 100 of shield is now supereasy.

Comment

Yeah so With so many shield the low gun are nerfed And now useless. All the gun like pistol And submachin gun are useless
                Need to up the lootrate of these shield And Block the amount to 2

Comment

Is this a server side update? Just logged into ps4 and no update.

Comment

Mini shields are disappointing. EVERYONE gets them. Better off starting people off with 50 shield... Epic, you are trying to hang on to your fan base when we were already happy with the original game. Please make the mini sheild more rare. Sniping is almost pointless now.

Comment

Slurp takes 25 seconds to get you 25 health and 25 shield, total 50 HP, yet it is Purple/Epic rarity. Mini-Shields are uncommon and get you similar 50 HP in just 4 seconds, with better stackability. That's 21 seconds faster than slurp giving HP. Also med kits are way more plentiful at uncommon to get health to 100. Right now it seems slurp is rather useless.

I really hope Epic takes on board my suggestion of making; Full Shield - Purple / Epic rarity, Mini-Shields - Blue / Rare rarity and Slurp - Green / Uncommon

Comment

Working...
                      X