• Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Inventory Issue: What Happened and What’s Next

TL;DR
    • We really messed up.
    • We lost some players inventory in a limited time window on Wednesday.
      • We are giving you a pile of items, vbucks and more if you were impacted by the world item loss.
      • We’re committed to also doing an additive restore of your lost items in the future. We don’t yet have an ETA on this, but we will make it happen.
    • We had some reports of people not getting their purchased Vbucks.
      • We granted you an equal or greater amount of V-Bucks if you never received them in your initial purchase.
    • It is our top priority to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.

More Detail...

Well, we messed up in three dimensions...

The first one was a problem with our build deploy on 12/27 resulting in some of you being routed to a bad node during the 12-5 pm window. This created a situation where the game couldn't access your inventory, and it appeared like you didn't have all your cool things in your world inventories. (Which sadly, included your ability to access your building shapes) Then the game saved your new "lost state" over your old world item inventory, resulting in inventory loss. Since it was limited to those people who touched the bad node, we couldn't simply rollback the entire game because it would disrupt millions of players and their progress.

What that means is that certain people lost a lot of world items (not schematics and currencies though) and all around are missing a bunch of crafting items and weapons. We're sorry, like, really sorry. This is one of the worst things a collection game can do to a player.

Second, we found that Storm Shield storage was also affected for some players. We are looking into a solution for this issue now and will update everyone later.

Third, we came across is a select group who purchased V-Bucks but never actually received them. Also super irritating when you want to buy something and the system appears to take your money and you didn't get your stuff! We compensated players with an equal or greater amount of v-bucks on the morning of December 29.

So.. we've had an eventful few days! Right now, the team is figuring out a better way to address individual accounts for the future. We are also putting our heads together to ensure we don’t run into any other faulty nodes during deployment. Making sure this does not happen again is our top priority.

Let’s talk about how we are going to make this right.

The initial first pass solution, without a full inventory restoration, just isn’t going to cut it. Since we don’t know how long it may take to restore the whole inventory, we’re granting a much bigger amount into your storage, based (roughly) on time played. We respect your time, effort and dedication to Fortnite and will be running the granting script overnight. This should complete sometime tomorrow morning (12/30 ET). Thank you for being vocal about this on our social channels! We can't get your time back, but we will always do right by you.

We are really sorry this happened to you during the holiday season, when all you want to do is sit down and play games. It is our absolute top priority to ensure that this does not happen again and we promise to always make it right to the players if we make a mistake.

If you have any further issues please reach out to our Player Support reps on our website. Thank you for sticking with us!

Darren Sugg
    Creative Director
    Last edited by [EPIC] SKY-LG; 12-29-2017, 11:16 PM.

Thank you for working so hard on this guys I was sad when I lost all my items as I just reached the valley I'm looking foward to play when we the th su :)

Comment

I don't think I was affected directly, though I did get Item ID Error a lot on the Wednesday. Just glad I can play the game now without worrying about losing my entire inventory too much. Condolences to those who have lost all of their items. It really is one of the worst things that could happen in the game. At least it is being fixed. :)

Comment

• kaito_killaz commented
        Editing a comment
        i was not affected at all
        in fact i got 2000 free v bucks

I & the attached account in the case have been impacted and have posted & not received any acknowledgement nor form of compensation that supposedly has happened. If something that could be done about it, hopefully posting here will have some effect. Case #1549345 & Case #1557714 (2nd ticket referencing first ticket)

Comment

****, I first thought it was a joke when a guy told me he couldn't play because his whole inventory and weapons were gone....

Comment

Thanks for all the work you put into making it right for peoples Who have been Hurt by this. You are probably one of the Best if not the Best dev team i ever seen on an Early acces game. I lost all my inventory will being at lvl 84 and still going to play a lot as i can see that fortnite is in really good hands! Thanks again Darren Sugg!

Comment

Thank you! This is the best game!

Comment

Love you guys

Comment

I still see NO MENTION of players like myself who lost storm sheild storage AND OUR ENTIRE TWINE PEAKS BASE AND TRAPS!

Comment

Thank You Epic Games But I Still Missing 1000vbucks From 2 days ago i purchase it and after 10seconds is gone im so sad i want to buy battle pass and play fortnite please please please and please again help me my id PYD-Gamer on ps4
                  And Thats my Email paywandabubakr12@gmail.com

Comment

Well... i just added this one to previous issue ticket hasnt been answered (about transformation loss bug) ... Still waiting for them to reply (about 3 weeks now) ... So if idbe you i woudnt count much on support answering & doing smthing earlier than 4-6 weeks it seems cuz they overloaded ...
                    Platform : PC ... IGN : Colestah ... Lost all my SS storage recently ... Gotta say its a big lost, had alot of RARE craft resourse there

Comment

A lot of my stuff disappeared yesterday, what's going on?

Comment

I still did not recover lost items from storm shield storage

Comment

So, I've ranted on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, sent multiple feedback tickets, etc. Nothing, not even acknowledgment of receiving my complaints, which has really been singular; lag/freezing. Then I find out today that my friend, whom has never contacted you, gets 5000 v-bucks, level 6 crafting items, and all lost items restored to her account. All to "make good" with your consumer. Well what about the rest of us? The ones like myself who have different problems than missing items? The ones of us who have spent close to a $1,000 on the game in total? Where is our compensation? If nothing else I/we need to be acknowledged. We need to know that our frustrations aren't falling on deaf ears. You have a day to respond to me or I'll be getting every penny back I've spent on your broken game.

Comment

I’ve recently just lost my own personal money , I paid for 5,000 v-bucks and never received them what’s going on ?

Comment

Working...
                            X