• Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Inventory Issue: What Happened and What’s Next

TL;DR
    • We really messed up.
    • We lost some players inventory in a limited time window on Wednesday.
      • We are giving you a pile of items, vbucks and more if you were impacted by the world item loss.
      • We’re committed to also doing an additive restore of your lost items in the future. We don’t yet have an ETA on this, but we will make it happen.
    • We had some reports of people not getting their purchased Vbucks.
      • We granted you an equal or greater amount of V-Bucks if you never received them in your initial purchase.
    • It is our top priority to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.

More Detail...

Well, we messed up in three dimensions...

The first one was a problem with our build deploy on 12/27 resulting in some of you being routed to a bad node during the 12-5 pm window. This created a situation where the game couldn't access your inventory, and it appeared like you didn't have all your cool things in your world inventories. (Which sadly, included your ability to access your building shapes) Then the game saved your new "lost state" over your old world item inventory, resulting in inventory loss. Since it was limited to those people who touched the bad node, we couldn't simply rollback the entire game because it would disrupt millions of players and their progress.

What that means is that certain people lost a lot of world items (not schematics and currencies though) and all around are missing a bunch of crafting items and weapons. We're sorry, like, really sorry. This is one of the worst things a collection game can do to a player.

Second, we found that Storm Shield storage was also affected for some players. We are looking into a solution for this issue now and will update everyone later.

Third, we came across is a select group who purchased V-Bucks but never actually received them. Also super irritating when you want to buy something and the system appears to take your money and you didn't get your stuff! We compensated players with an equal or greater amount of v-bucks on the morning of December 29.

So.. we've had an eventful few days! Right now, the team is figuring out a better way to address individual accounts for the future. We are also putting our heads together to ensure we don’t run into any other faulty nodes during deployment. Making sure this does not happen again is our top priority.

Let’s talk about how we are going to make this right.

The initial first pass solution, without a full inventory restoration, just isn’t going to cut it. Since we don’t know how long it may take to restore the whole inventory, we’re granting a much bigger amount into your storage, based (roughly) on time played. We respect your time, effort and dedication to Fortnite and will be running the granting script overnight. This should complete sometime tomorrow morning (12/30 ET). Thank you for being vocal about this on our social channels! We can't get your time back, but we will always do right by you.

We are really sorry this happened to you during the holiday season, when all you want to do is sit down and play games. It is our absolute top priority to ensure that this does not happen again and we promise to always make it right to the players if we make a mistake.

If you have any further issues please reach out to our Player Support reps on our website. Thank you for sticking with us!

Darren Sugg
    Creative Director
    Last edited by [EPIC] SKY-LG; 12-29-2017, 11:16 PM.

Thank you for working so hard on this guys I was sad when I lost all my items as I just reached the valley I'm looking foward to play when we the th su :)

Comment

I don't think I was affected directly, though I did get Item ID Error a lot on the Wednesday. Just glad I can play the game now without worrying about losing my entire inventory too much. Condolences to those who have lost all of their items. It really is one of the worst things that could happen in the game. At least it is being fixed. :)

Comment

• kaito_killaz commented
        Editing a comment
        i was not affected at all
        in fact i got 2000 free v bucks

I & the attached account in the case have been impacted and have posted & not received any acknowledgement nor form of compensation that supposedly has happened. If something that could be done about it, hopefully posting here will have some effect. Case #1549345 & Case #1557714 (2nd ticket referencing first ticket)

Comment

****, I first thought it was a joke when a guy told me he couldn't play because his whole inventory and weapons were gone....

Comment

Thanks for all the work you put into making it right for peoples Who have been Hurt by this. You are probably one of the Best if not the Best dev team i ever seen on an Early acces game. I lost all my inventory will being at lvl 84 and still going to play a lot as i can see that fortnite is in really good hands! Thanks again Darren Sugg!

Comment

Thank you! This is the best game!

Comment

Love you guys

Comment

I still see NO MENTION of players like myself who lost storm sheild storage AND OUR ENTIRE TWINE PEAKS BASE AND TRAPS!

Comment

Thank You Epic Games But I Still Missing 1000vbucks From 2 days ago i purchase it and after 10seconds is gone im so sad i want to buy battle pass and play fortnite please please please and please again help me my id PYD-Gamer on ps4
                  And Thats my Email paywandabubakr12@gmail.com

Comment

Well... i just added this one to previous issue ticket hasnt been answered (about transformation loss bug) ... Still waiting for them to reply (about 3 weeks now) ... So if idbe you i woudnt count much on support answering & doing smthing earlier than 4-6 weeks it seems cuz they overloaded ...
                    Platform : PC ... IGN : Colestah ... Lost all my SS storage recently ... Gotta say its a big lost, had alot of RARE craft resourse there

Comment

A lot of my stuff disappeared yesterday, what's going on?

Comment

I still did not recover lost items from storm shield storage

Comment

So, I've ranted on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, sent multiple feedback tickets, etc. Nothing, not even acknowledgment of receiving my complaints, which has really been singular; lag/freezing. Then I find out today that my friend, whom has never contacted you, gets 5000 v-bucks, level 6 crafting items, and all lost items restored to her account. All to "make good" with your consumer. Well what about the rest of us? The ones like myself who have different problems than missing items? The ones of us who have spent close to a $1,000 on the game in total? Where is our compensation? If nothing else I/we need to be acknowledged. We need to know that our frustrations aren't falling on deaf ears. You have a day to respond to me or I'll be getting every penny back I've spent on your broken game.

Comment

I’ve recently just lost my own personal money , I paid for 5,000 v-bucks and never received them what’s going on ?

Comment

You said the morning of December 29 and I’m still without my missing v-bucks

Comment

Ty Guys you are awesome not lot of dev give some recources and V buck (money) lot of game just let pass and say Restart ! gl hf you guys are just so good ty !!!

Comment

I was devestated to find out my vault was wiped, and even more to see it replaced with tier 1,2,3 mats I have no use for, so many hours lost. Went to check my vault again after reading this post and found it filled with tier 5,6 mats, am so happy and relieved
                                  Thank you for keeping us informed and making it right

Comment

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...ad?view=thread This refers to a issue I had with a transform schematic and still haven't heard anything back about the missing/lost legendary hero transform schematic. I wish this was fixed so I could have a shot at using the legendary hero transform for an actual legendary hero that I had worked so hard to obtain :(

Comment

• Letha1 Phoenix commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Same, I’m happy with the resolution for now on lost inventory and vbucks but am still waiting to hear back on my legendary hero schematic. I had sent in 2 reports on this prior to the lost inventory.

• smoke bot commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      i did not get any vbucks either and am on 9th day waiting for reply to my legend trap to epic hero bug and used hero transform

lol they gave me 17,000 vbucks for this. that's crazy.

Comment

• GamingInSight commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      How many hours did you play to get that many

I didn’t receive my v bucks

Comment

No apologies, my case has not been answered, my items, characters and materials still remains lost. I do not want vbucks, I just want what's mine.

Comment

This is so stupid I lost all my materiels 3200 vbucks and can't build pls fix this my pan is II_Cxlllum_II

Comment

• DatLadCal69 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Sorry my psn is II_Cxllum_II

Excellent work Epic! I also lost my storm shield inventory earlier. Just saw this post and went to see if the items are back. Thank you for the correct way to deal with these kinds of accidents and especially for all the extra materials you've returned to my inventory. Lots of kudos for you guys!

Comment

A lot of my stuff disappeared yesterday and I still did not recover lost items from storm shield storage

Comment

My Friend received 5000 v bucks and nearly lost nothing? I lost so much stuff and didnt receive any v Bucks?! I am really angry.

Comment

J'ai eu le même problème mais je n'ai pas reçu de compensation

Comment

I wasn't expecting to get everything back that I lost. While I didn't get it all back, I received many items I never encountered before. Thank you for looking out the way you did.

Comment

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much to the team for working over the break. I know everything we lost in our inventory and storage can't be returned. But what was given back will be enough for us to get back up on our feet.

Comment

How is this fair.. my friends get 5000-7000 vbucks when they have lost nothing.. and a full stormshield with over 300 stacks items..

we where all playing when the problem occured and i get ****...

Last edited by GreenGiraf; 12-30-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I got absolutely nothing.
                                                      While I didn't lose any inventory items that I'm aware of, For the entire day this was going on, I got "connection to server failed" and "missing item" errors every couple of minutes, effectively making me unable to play what so ever, constantly getting booted back to the start screen and/or unable to login and get back into missions with friends, losing out on mission rewards I had played for, contributed resources to as well as time. I lost a bunch of stuff as a result, but like I said, not items "disappearing". A bit different than most people, but still definitely a direct result of this bad node. Not one of my friends got anything like this happening to them that day, either.

Irritated, to say the least.
                                                      Honestly, I would just take mats, and no v-bucks.
                                                      Last edited by ExcessiveForce1; 12-30-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

https://www.twitch.tv/av1lio

Comment

I have nothing my inventory is wiped out I had to loot for all my resources again. And these servers lag so hard they stop the game several times and has gotten me me killed several times. Can y’all do something to get my weapons back

Comment

Got absolutely no compensation and have reached out to the support team twice with no real response, I lost all my items and inventory when this happened and have no been left in the dust by those who got the V-Bucks and materials, although I know it is hard for them to reach all those affected I now feel isolated and betrayed by Epic Games.

Comment

This response was fantastic. I was not even angry that it happened. I couldn't play for a day but was still playing PVP for the most part. The initial response was $2K in V-bucks which seemed a little light given the time to farm. My daughter gave me some items which helped because farming for building guns was not going to be fun. The total recompense was amazing - I still lost some cool items I don't have the schematics for, but $7K in V-bucks, plus 300 stacks of items in my stormshield is more than sufficient, even without the flux to level up. Now my daughter is asking why she didn't get hit by the bug too! Well done, Epic.

For those of you still complaining, bear in mind that there are over 30 million players of both PVP And PVE. This company came up with a fix for most of the people affected in a very short time.

Comment

Thanks for the fix and compensation Epic. I lost everything in my backpack which was a bit shocking and disappointing but unlike some of the hysterical drama queens on this forum I knew you would compensate us generously and you more than did that. I'm sure this will be a great learning experience so the same mistake is never made again.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Sugg and FN team. I just checked my inventory, not only did I get MORE than what I had prior to the bug, I also received tier 6 materials that I've never gotten in-game, and more Malachite (my usual crafting material) than I had prior to the bug. The amount of bolts, bacon and such completely covered the amount of traps I've lost, so I can remake all 40 of each one readily. I also appreciate the total of 7000 v-bucks given out. I can't speak for anyone else, but you definitely made it up to me and more. Also I wanted to echo what I said previously that Save The World is such a special, unique game, and I wish the game much success.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunarated View Post
                                                                    Got absolutely no compensation and have reached out to the support team twice with no real response, I lost all my items and inventory when this happened and have no been left in the dust by those who got the V-Bucks and materials, although I know it is hard for them to reach all those affected I now feel isolated and betrayed by Epic Games.
                                                                    Keep emailing to support, they'll get around to it. I noticed that I have to send multiple emails for response. They're most likely swamped with tickets.

Comment

I appreciate the vbucks and flux, but these and that random pool of materials I got yesterday are a drop in the bucket compared to what I farmed and how much I've put into this game. I lost hundreds of mala, power cells, bacon, gizmos, duct tape, mechs, etc. stockpiled for the seasonal event, not counting those already put into the hundreds of premade traps.

I don't understand how people who weren't even affected got multiple stacks of every possible material, and I didn't even get a third of the late CV mats that would take me weeks to gather again -- This is very disheartening and, considering the misdirected compensation, almost downright insulting. >:|

Comment

My id : KinG_eBLEs
                                                                        i lost my item
                                                                        please help me

Comment

I lost my inventory in PvE to and i would like some help

Comment

Many people q n had mistake some in the game is getting V-buks I bought the most expensive version of the game and n I win anything! You should reward for whoever has the most expensive version of the game.

Comment

• #68
                                                                              Nothing yet, lost stacks of traps and materials.

Submitted a ticket, thanks...

Comment

• #69

good day I still miss some things from my inventory and some V Bucks can you help me?

Comment

• #70
                                                                                  Glad to hear some people have been compensated and I understand that vbucks don't cut it for some when you put all that time to gather mats and build. I lost my entire storm shield base and sent an email on Wednesday and resent another on their automated response email from the first and still have yet to get a reply but have hopes with what I have read,
                                                                                  Case #1545543.
                                                                                  I will keep you all posted.
                                                                                  Last edited by Groot420; 12-30-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• #71
                                                                                    I have made purchases and now cant anymore. my account is locked on private. i did get v-bucks but the items were lost i didn't know until today where to report this

Comment

• #72
                                                                                      I lost my ítems my gt is Mexmerized please help me un Xbox one i spent a lot of hours playing and because of a bug i got my inventory missing fix this i want to continue playing this game but i cant if my ítems are gone i play one Xbox one

Comment

• #73
                                                                                        will, yet I've received nothing 0000000. thank you

Comment

• #74
                                                                                          Thank you so much for the free V bucks and inventory items, that's awesome!!!! Hopefully now that this is partially settled you can get to helping all the players that have received "7 day IP bans" for no reason and even after 7 days can't play.

Comment

• #75
                                                                                            Have yet to get anything. Not even the initial 2k V bucks or 1 stack of mats

Comment

• speci2l commented
                                                                                              Editing a comment
                                                                                              welcome to the party

• #76
                                                                                            This has been a futile and aggravating process trying to get someone from "support" to actually do something about my case, but whoever is handling the ticket sends me nothing but canned responses. They are completely useless!

And now, as if to add insult to injury, new players who weren't affected at all by the loss were given hundreds of materials they can't even use yet, but somehow many others and I in late CV and TP, who lost thousands of late- to end-game mats and hundreds of traps got a mere handful of early game materials, vbucks, and some flux.

This is getting ridiculous and infuriating!

If you absolutely cannot restore our inventory, which took countless hours to gather, at least provide us that same level reimbursement.

Thank you,

Mori No Hogosha
                                                                                            PC

Comment

• #77
                                                                                              Ver as pessoas agradecendo a Epic Fail Games por fazer sua obrigação de ressarcir os jogadores, é a mesma coisa que ver o poste mijando no cachorro.

Isso sem mencionar que estão ressarcindo jogadores que não perderam ***** nenhuma.

Hoje faz 4 dias que enviei e-mail ao suporte, CASE #1545965, mas me ignoram, não respondem a mim e a muitos jogadores.

​​​​​​Esse maldito bug aconteceu porque a Epic Fail Games abandonou o PvE, só dá suporte ao PvP... Esquecendo que o dinheiro gasto no PvE é maior que no PvP.

"Parabéns" desenvolvedorazinha, continue assim, ignorando, e verás a decadência do jogo em breve, assim como aconteceu com Battlefront 2.
                                                                                              Last edited by Daniel Queruba; 12-31-2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• #78
                                                                                                I didn't lose any inventory during that time. However, I lost my entire Canny base to reset. I had just spent all afternoon getting it ready to run ssds 9 & 10. Was at the build limit. Everything gone. Have ticket on this and multiple others. One ticket relative to disappearing legendary hero transforms is near a month old. Another for the final awarded skill points not actually received. Not a single word from Epic on anything. This is not acceptable. Acknowledgement is imperative. I spent the time and money to deserve such. It is not my fault that you oversold. Anyone who thinks being upset about such situation makes you a drama queen is a fool. Early access is not beta testing. The level of dinero and time pumped into this makes you a customer that does not deserve to be ignored. While this thread is encouraging, you still need to do better at the very least acknowledging such issues.

It would also be prudent to settle on a single place to put all of your communications even if you use multiple socials to disseminate. As it stands, one doesn't know where to look for such info (Twitter, Reddit, Forum, etc.), and I don't have the time to track down where your responses may appear. Logic says to me to stick with your forum as the primary, with perhaps a notice or message in the client with a link to the post.

Comment

• #79
                                                                                                  Pra minha tristesa abri meu jogo hj e esta faltando varias coisas de recursos, inclusive sumiram 3 planos , de armas e armadilhas, ainda bem que o jogo salve o mundo é de graças NÉ EPIC GAMES.... é triste isso...
                                                                                                  Last edited by Coringa_BR_85; 12-31-2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• #80
                                                                                                    Really nice to find out my freind never lost any vbucks, ans was not affected by the problem but yet gets 5000 vbuck and full storm shield storage of 215!!
                                                                                                    what about the founding memebers that have back you and payed tones to help you and we get nothing.
                                                                                                    ok the people that lost stuff got vbucks and there stuff back.
                                                                                                    but come on right you giving stuff to the wrong people.
                                                                                                    you either fix every one on pve with vbucks and crafting items. A lot of very unhappy founding memebers due to this.

Comment

• #81
                                                                                                      I agree i submitted several feedbacks and emails i was Not compensated either for my lost materials and resources Not to mention the hours upon hours of farming to try and get my inventory back but yet some of the People i played with never had issues and was compensated for nothing i AM also a founder can i get some reimbursement of some resources or something

Comment

• #82
                                                                                                        Same here????

Comment

• #83
                                                                                                          Originally posted by [EPIC] Constant View Post

Third, we came across is a select group who purchased V-Bucks but never actually received them. Also super irritating when you want to buy something and the system appears to take your money and you didn't get your stuff! We compensated players with an equal or greater amount of v-bucks on the morning of December 29.

Might want to double check that. A family member of mine is still missing their V-bucks. They tried to contact you on the 27th with proof of purchase but you failed to get back to him and he didn't get his V-bucks either.

Comment

• #84
                                                                                                            WTF so I bought 2500 + 300 vbucks today and they didn't come through please help
                                                                                                            PSN: Haematitie

Comment

• #85
                                                                                                              Hey, I’ve recently been hooked with fortnite. I have some V bucks and have seen streamer/youtubers having this Pink Flamingo pickaxe. I’ve been waiting for this item to appear in the shop, But have been recently told that it was limited edition. Is it limited edition? If so can you let me know

Comment

• #86
                                                                                                                I have never had my items returned. My husband has been compensated but not me. I was able to build and grind to get items but never had lost items returned. More recently, yesterday my 75 flux were gone and just now the 750v llama giving x10 update froze at the rare items and I had to leave the game when I logged back in items up to rare were in my inventory nowhere near the amount of items you would get from 10 llamas. I don't usually join forums or complain but when you buy the most expensive edition and lose items they should be returned. My husband and I both have separate playstations and have separate copies of the highest priced edition game, however we do share the same IP address and maybe that is why mine was overlooked. I love playing this game and would appreciate you looking into it. I wish you a Happy New Year and hope everyone makes good choices in 2018.

Comment

• Code_Name_Larry commented
                                                                                                                  Editing a comment
                                                                                                                  Check your storm shield inventory,

• PsychoSasha commented
                                                                                                                  Editing a comment
                                                                                                                  I checked there is nothing in the shield inventory except the items I had to grind for all over again. Seems other people with spouses had the same problem as me oh well that will teach me to recruit people into buying the game or spending any more money. Kinda bums me out that people who got the free gift game from buyers and people who have openly admitted not losing any items got compensated. I guess the more money you spend and grind for materials the less they give back. Will not be playing it much now and will definitely not recommend it to any more friends.

• #87
                                                                                                                Do something about the false ip bans!!!

Comment

• #88
                                                                                                                  I had the issue in the most minor way possible. I logged in and had no items in my inventory, but all i did was close everything completely and relaunch the launcher and the game. That fixed my issue and nothing was lost, but i still received the 5000 V-bucks, 200 Legendary Flux, 300 Epic Flux, 300 Rare Flux, as well as nearly 500 of every crafting item in the game (Stuff that I have no way of obtaining being that i'm still only in Plankerton). I like getting free stuff but this is vastly unfair to the players that were not effected by this. I think that to be fair you should consider giving this to all players who had any version of Save the World unlocked at the time this happened.

Edit: as I saw above. My girlfriend and I play on separate PCs in the same house. I wonder if IP has anything to do with her not being compensated yet. Her name is Blaizenn.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Vorath0501; 01-01-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• #89
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Vorath0501 View Post
                                                                                                                    I had the issue in the most minor way possible. I logged in and had no items in my inventory, but all i did was close everything completely and relaunch the launcher and the game. That fixed my issue and nothing was lost, but i still received the 5000 V-bucks, 200 Legendary Flux, 300 Epic Flux, 300 Rare Flux, as well as nearly 500 of every crafting item in the game (Stuff that I have no way of obtaining being that i'm still only in Plankerton).
                                                                                                                    E quem perdeu materiais difíceis de craftar, personagens e itens lendários/épicos, fica como Epic Fail Games? Fica a ver navios!

Eu quero o que eu conquistei no jogo, comprei a edição mais cara do fortnite.

Respondam o meu caso
                                                                                                                    #1545965

Comment

• #90
                                                                                                                      grateful inventory bug didn't bite me. However i do have to say that i experienced a few "inventory reverts" in-between games. Its a little complicated, so i will try to break it down. I went into game after reading about inventory loss to check on my stuff, it was all there and after realizing my faux pas about the Homebase inventory "stored/Limit" i made some space to store ammo(for later stages shield defense), this was when it started happening. I Would dump 3 stacks of ammo into my HBSSS,(medium, heavy and energy) then proceed to start a Private game and manufacture/collect ammo and make traps. When i am done and "leave game" to enter my HMSS, i did not have the entirety of my bounty and in fact lost items that i was trying to top off. So basically, my inventory reverted back prior to dumping stuff in my HBSS and i still lost some crafting items. Then when i completed a game, it reverts back to the first amount i logged when i wanted to check on my account. Currently i am no experiencing this issue on the same scale BUT, i am still experiencing some misplaced inventory for my stacks. The usual suspects are the Building Materials, Nuts and Bolts, Rough ore, Planks and Traps. For me, the traps are incorrect. A quick example would be That i have the Epic Spike floor trap now leveled to PL71, I still do have about 12 of its previous PL version, so in low PL games i would use that, however when i placed TWO of it, It Becomes a slightly LOWER PL trap than displayed on my F5 key and reverts to one i intended to burn. So i thought it must be a limiting function similar to the Pick axe balancing mechanic. So i decided to place ANOTHER of the old traps down and it DIDN't CHANGE IN PL. So that means i placed TWO traps which was NOT visible in my inventory(just FYI, i am looking at my traps from the INVENTORY, and not the Trap Wheel). Prior to this, i am not able to craft more of said traps now and it is maxed at 1 while i can craft other traps to 20. I have checked the PL and i do not posses any similar matching Rarity/PL of said trap. Just this ONE on two different PLs. While i still can manufacture other traps that has increased in PL so either my trap inventory is bugged or someone ninja inserted a balancing adjustment i missed reading upon.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                                                        Just dropping back in to send a big THANK YOU ❤ for the materials (after 5 days of my incessant badgering ;-P) and for the vbucks prior to that. :)

Comment

• #92
                                                                                                                          Here's a question what happens if you buy the new years all the llamas and it crashes the game before you get to the epic and legendaries?and when you log back in you only have the rare-common and no epics or legendaries
                                                                                                                          and another glitch ive just found is that I can only make 1 trap per slot in backpack instead of a stack of 20 in 1 slot
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Stylesyboi; 01-01-2018, 09:47 PM. Reason: Found glitch

Comment

• #93
                                                                                                                            Respondam o meu caso
                                                                                                                            # 1545965

Devolvam meus itens

Comment

• #94
                                                                                                                              I am not mad because epic is not talking to me , i am sad because some people got impacted and lost items and got nothing. And some people got the v bucks rewards and did not got impacted. I lost some items from shield and got nothing back . Case #1551265
                                                                                                                              Last edited by PwneDbyTaz; 01-03-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                                                                référence le numéro #: 1577964.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                                                                  Can you restore the V-Bucks i spent if not the inventory, i spent $100, and at the time i received 13500 V-Bucks. My psn is Xalactic.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                                                    I lost my entire account and I can't find it.. .

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                                                      This might be a different bug but yesterday I wasn't given a quest weapon reward that I accepted. I have recorded video footage of the whole thing so if epic needs further information then I can provide it.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                                                        still no compensation yet, lost traps/item Platform:PC IGN:Sickness101507

Comment

• No compensation yet (Not even first pass) IGN: Swankyllama PC

Comment

• It's been about a week and I have still not received anything no v bucks or items. This is very annoying. Due to the fact that some of my friends who lost almost nothing, got 8,000-4,000 vbucks and lots of stacks of items. I lost lots of items and materials and I'm an founder and I have grinded pve for at least 80+ hours.
                                                                                                                                            Psn alan165258 PS4.

Comment

• I lost my ítems on Xbox one my gt is Mexmerized please help me i spent a lot of hours and money. I wanna still playing

Comment

• I do understand that mistakes happen ect... On the other hand the thing that is really really driving me crazy is that I've lost items in my stormshield, mainly tier 4 materials, nothing "important". I saw your message on twitter and I was like "Ok they'll fix it and rollback or something like that".

No rollback, ok. Yesterday or the day before that, some players were talking on the global chat on how largely compensated they've been, while I did not receive anything at all.

I'm ok to lose some stuff, but either we are all treated the same way, or I don't see the point of playing anymore. I did not complain and for that, my only reward was to not take any of your time by submitting a ticket, while other that did has been compensated.

It's not hard to check who was playing on Wednesday, and was affected by those ID errors that were disconnecting us again and again and again no ?

Please enlighten me here I'm very very confused.

Comment

• Totally agree, it did the same thing to me ...

Comment

• Case #1553607. , I lost my batlle pass and my item and my progression ( lvl 38) during an account association.. please restaure my stats , i lost all the 12/27/2017 , I am on PS4 , my PSN is Scxrpy-

Comment

• Tichke.michigan0 commented
                                                                                                                                                      Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                      Got the fcking same problem. ???? lost founder pack limited edition + season pass battle royale
                                                                                                                                                      Case nr. 1575150

• Username: USER334432124344
                                                                                                                                                    Platform : PC
                                                                                                                                                    I still haven’t received compensation for losing my materials (shadow shards, sleek gears, etc). I already sent a support ticket but the person led me to this thread.

Comment

• Username EroticJellyfishs

I have lost all of my stormshield inventory.

Comment

• I still have not been compensated for my lost items as well and I get that you guys are flooded but when friends of mine are getting compensated for no reason it’s really starting to irk me

my psn is fedzwatchin

Comment

• Jogadores que não perderam bosta nenhuma sendo recompensados com 7000 vbucks e os que perderam vários itens não obtém nenhuma resposta do suporte. Palhaçada!

Comment

• user : Melhon

+4 post
                                                                                                                                                            caso #1557727.
                                                                                                                                                            caso #1563000.

PD: hacia la 2 semana sin nada de nada, compensación, respuestas, solo el silencio absoluto del parte del staff y de este foro... la verdad es penoso he imperdonable, fata total de atención, compromiso y profesionalidad.

Comment

• i have been directly after i was playing with a friend i lost a large amount of rare and epic crafting materials and some of my guns and few fun skamatics. if the producing team is seing this i would like to get help with getting it back or i will be asking for my refund and i bought almost every founders pack.

psn trinity brennan

Comment

• This is in reference to my Case #1569253 on my Xbox live profile x8x g0ku x6x my account still has not been fixed all inventory items are gone not a thing there got a pic to provided proof of this. Someone please help I have multiple tickets on this and all that is being done is them directing me to this post that I read all ready. Please help.

Comment

• [EPIC] MrPopoTFS commented
                                                                                                                                                                  Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                  Hey there, I'm so sorry you still haven't had this issue resolved. If you have a video or screenshot you can provide to show us that you are still missing things that would be greatly appreciated! That goes for anyone else still having this issue, please send me a private message with a screenshot or video showing you are still be affected by this bug. I am sorry some of you were sent back to this thread in responses from support. I know it is not ideal, but if you are still being affected by this please open one more support ticket and send me the ticket ID# and I will have it escalated tomorrow. We want to make sure everyone was properly compensated if they were affected by this issue.

• Username: zyzz15
                                                                                                                                                                Platform : PC
                                                                                                                                                                I still haven’t received compensation for losing my materials . I already sent a support ticket but the person led me to this thread.

Comment

• I've opened 2 tickets in the last week and have only just been sent to this thread. I was effected by the inventory bug and still haven't gotten my stuff back. After supporting this game and playing the hell out of it I'm finding it hard to carry on knowing that I lost all of that stuff that I've worked so much towards..

My my gamertag is dudley1729 and I play on PS4

Comment

• i bought 1000 v-bucks and never recieve them when am i gonna receive them?

Comment

• PYD-Gamer commented
                                                                                                                                                                      Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                      psn id : PYD-Gamer
                                                                                                                                                                      Same

• Anything that affected users need to do? Or do we just need to have patient? thx for helping out :)

Comment

• PSN: C0mm4nd3r_nga

You know I don’t understand why this topic says to reach out to the support team. Just to be sent right back here. Why even bother having a support team that’s not helpful. I lost my storm shield inv and have sent like 3 tickets related to it. Their response is “We are looking into your issue” so to better help the support team I told them it happened during your bad node. Then no more responses. So I messaged your twitter. Nothing. I honestly don’t see why I spend money on a game that can’t correct issues they cause. I have given you $200+ on this game and you can’t even respond to emails. Sad really. I simply want what you gave other people who lost items. (Including the ones who didn’t even loose anything) why should I be tempted to give you anymore of my money if you can’t even respond to emails or try to fix your mistakes. Pretty much to the point where I am going to start demanding a refund. As I am stuck and having to borrow stuff from friends to play the game since I lost most of my stuff from expeditions . So can someone please respond to my tickets or atleast comp me for what I lost.

Comment

• So is there going to be a second wave of cpmpensations?

Comment

• C0mm4nd3r_nga commented
                                                                                                                                                                          Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                          Lol epic games can’t even learn to respond to support tickets. They like to play games and send you back between this topic and submitting a support ticket

• I have still not been compensated and when I contacted support they sent me here... Please do better

Comment

• Wow, after reading this thread it's pretty clear Epic has really messed up.. Really hope you guys do the right thing and compensate everyone fairly
                                                                                                                                                                          Last edited by Fear-TheReal1; 01-04-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Epic Fail Games liar. Rewarded some and ignored others.

Comment

• So all I HAD was wood,steel & stone in my storage...I got rid of that stuff so I can put my stuff into it supposedly I was supposed to get more stuff?(in my inventory)...I never did Tf..

Comment

• I just logged on 1-4-18 and I am still unable to build floors. I have not received any additional mats in SS and my twine storm shield lvl is 5 and I'm fighting 94 lvl enemies. Seems that it should be at lvl 4. This of course happened during bad node bug. I can't play the game being unable to build. I'm missing out on playing days of daily missions and days of the Winter Event. Which my friends can. Please fix this soon. Your post here sounds like you've resolved and corrected building problem. Mine is not. I reference my last case Case #1572581. Psn. smellthatsmoke. Thank you.
                                                                                                                                                                                Last edited by stevieb212; 01-04-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• I cannot build "floors/ceilings" since December 27, 2017. I have been asked to keep patient and watch this official forum post. Please fix cause I like playing the game a lot but it's frustrating when I can only play certain missions and cannot advance the story since I cannot build to defend my storm shield.

Platform: PS4
                                                                                                                                                                                  PSN name: crussher
                                                                                                                                                                                  Case#1554557

Comment

• Just put 200 rain in my account and we can simply move on, all good. :)

Comment

• I noticed quite long ago , when they started making their own Battle Royale , that focus shifted heavily towards it...
                                                                                                                                                                                      I remember that they even told that there were like 2 diffrent teams working on each of the modes...
                                                                                                                                                                                      Big Fat Lie.

Comment

• Well its been 7 days since I sent a support ticket. Today, I finally got a response and they referred me here to post my issue. Little did I know that this post refers you back to submitting a ticket and waiting another 7 days, so I am stuck in this forever loop. For someone that has supported the game with the limited edition and bought hundreds of llamas to support the developers, this is quite very disappointing.That aside, since I've been referred here, I will post my problem.The day people started losing inventory items and getting errors, that day I was opening 60 llamas. I was very excited to see my llama openings and very satisfied with it. I ended up getting a mythic master grenadier ramirez, an epic urban assault soldier, and a bunch of other legendaries that I've never had before, etc. Now, I would like to point out that I am the kind of guy that not only likes the game because its fun to play, I also collect the card openings from the llama. Meaning that every new hero, weapon, survivor or trap that I get is a win for me, which is why I have spent hundred of dollars to open more packs. During the llama openings, I started getting a bunch of error messages, which I initially ignored, the error message said something about "Missing item ID" or "Can not identify". I cant remember exactly what the error message said, but I got at least 3 different kinds of errors. Eventually, I started getting the error for every llama I opened and at some point, it started to annoy me because I had to restart the game to get rid of the error. At this point, I had still no clue about what was happening in the server. A lot of errors later, and llamas opened, I went into my schematics, and noticed that some of the items were missing. The heroes I got, including the mythic vanished. Thankfully, the mythic magically "reappeared" after several restarts of the game. However many other items were still missing and no matter how many times I restarted the game, it would not bring them back. My epic urban assault soldier is completely gone and many other schematics that I cant even count or remember after so many llama openings. Now, like I said I am a collector, losing these items is a bigger blow that no vbucks compensation or item compensation can restore (which by the way I have not received any compensation of any kind yet!). I want my items back. The rng to open packs and get what you want its already so low that getting the same items back its almost impossible. And that concludes my post, in hopes that this time you make it right and not lose your community that has supported you before the full release of the game.

IGN: Colitas - PC
                                                                                                                                                                                        case#1544422
                                                                                                                                                                                        Last edited by Colitas; 01-04-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0mm4nd3r_nga View Post
                                                                                                                                                                                          PSN: C0mm4nd3r_nga

You know I don’t understand why this topic says to reach out to the support team. Just to be sent right back here. Why even bother having a support team that’s not helpful. I lost my storm shield inv and have sent like 3 tickets related to it. Their response is “We are looking into your issue” so to better help the support team I told them it happened during your bad node. Then no more responses. So I messaged your twitter. Nothing. I honestly don’t see why I spend money on a game that can’t correct issues they cause. I have given you $200+ on this game and you can’t even respond to emails. Sad really. I simply want what you gave other people who lost items. (Including the ones who didn’t even loose anything) why should I be tempted to give you anymore of my money if you can’t even respond to emails or try to fix your mistakes. Pretty much to the point where I am going to start demanding a refund. As I am stuck and having to borrow stuff from friends to play the game since I lost most of my stuff from expeditions . So can someone please respond to my tickets or atleast comp me for what I lost.

The same situation with one exception: I sent just one letter to support which wasn't answered and left some comments on the Epic Games Official Page in Vkontakte, the Russian Social Network, where everyone were asked to say about their problems with inventory. Nothing has changed. No compensation. And it's annoying.

When Epic Games added Vindertech, i couldn't move on in company for two weeks. The game crushed on two maps - town and suburban. I had to play 4-ATLAS mission which spawned only on the suburban map. I wrote to the English support - they ignored my question and explained how to demand a refund. The Russian support said "we're sorry, but it's beta, what can we do?"

I still can't finish my Christmas event cause during the loading of survival 70 the error "Your connection to the server has been lost" appears. I wrote about it 3 times. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

Now my storm shield inventory has been lost. And what? Support keeps silence and Epic Games give compensations to players who didn't have any problem. At the day of the first wave I read lots of comments in the Russian chat with one question: "Hey, why do I have so much money? 5000! 7000! I didn't lose anything"

Epic, are you kidding me? What is wrong with you, men? I know that you don't give a ****. I know that you're worried only about the Battle Royal. But I bought the Limited Edition and donated on big lamas several times. And what did I get? Lot's of problems? It's a kind of beastliness. Try, just try not to destroy the game with great potential

Comment

• As this thread suggested, I emailed support.
                                                                                                                                                                                            I updated my ticket with relevant information twice, and finally received a response, that directed me to this thread to keep an eye out for updates.

Thread --> Support --> Thread

Do you see the problem here?
                                                                                                                                                                                            As someone who has spent roughly $400 on this game, this kind of run-around is a clear indication that there is no real interest in supporting (paying) players or fairly correcting issues such as this.

No more money from me, sorry.

Comment

• This whole situation is bs...
                                                                                                                                                                                              They were quick to admit that they ****ed up , but the way they handle the consequences is beyond retarded at this point.
                                                                                                                                                                                              They even put people practicaly into an infinite loop , so they would'nt be able to get anything done.
                                                                                                                                                                                              It seems Epic Games want's to get the same treatment as EA.

Comment

• Well i've submit a request and send a ticket on the customers support and they told me to come here. I'm still missing my items and haven't received anything back. And it makes me sad cause i've been playing the PVE for about half a year now and never experienced something like that. And i really enjoy playing both PVE and PVP and i have even spend real money on the game but it has been almost a week and nothing happend yet. So i guess i'll keep waiting and see what will happen. Thank you in advance and happy new year.

Comment

• Sent an email to support, received no response yet. Here's my case number: 1580329

Comment

• Anyone still having issues, please send me a private message with a screenshot or video showing you are still be affected by this bug. I am sorry some of you were sent back to this thread in responses from support. I know it is not ideal, but if you are still being affected by this please open one more support ticket and send me the ticket ID# and I will have it escalated tomorrow. We want to make sure everyone was properly compensated if they were affected by this issue.

Comment

• Tichke.michigan0 commented
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                                                      I have no screens because i lost my founder pack limited edition and season pass on battle royale ! What i need to do ?? I have contact playstation network and they sey that i need to contact epic games because they cant help me...
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Last edited by Tichke.michigan0; 01-05-2018, 09:17 PM.

• AngryAntBehave commented
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                                                      I put a bit of money into this game, my friend got a free code and lost nothing yet he got 300 stacks of materials. Wheres mine? Seriously?

• AngryAntBehave commented
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                                                      When he asked why they said holiday gift. I want a 'holiday gift' especially after putting 600$ into the game

• Thank you so much for restoring everything <3

Comment

• So if we lost everything in our backpack but didn't take a screenshot that day we are sol?

Comment

• barbiak commented
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Yeah. We had to think that Epic Games couldn't deal with their own servers. We also had to teach them how to use a toilet or clean their teeth. Give them proves, cause they can't check their own data bases and logs.

"We want to make sure everyone was properly compensated if they were affected by this issue". That's why people who weren't affected by this issue were properly compensated, and even twice, they were compensated two days in a row. Logical. Bravo!

• Case #1587214 I have not been able to build since this started. I have emailed many times and am not receiving and response. What do I do? other ticket numbers is #1570004.
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Platform: PS4
                                                                                                                                                                                                        PSN name: crussher
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Case# 1587387

Done as instructed by [EPIC] MrPopoTFS to create a new ticket and PM them the case number with an attached pic of the unable to build missing skills etc.

I am hoping that those who still have had this issue since December 27, 2017 should get another set of compensation. I am not opposed to either X amount of Vbucks per day that we couldn't play 100% of the game content or perhaps X amount of drops of rain say around "500 rain" and I would be ok with that as a suggestion.

cheers

Comment

• I lost my founder pack and season pass! .. when I played on fortnite with the pack, and after that i wanted to synchronize my ps4 with epic games account with the computer. I’ve lost everything.. my founder pack limited edition and my season pass on battle royale i’m really down

Comment

• I purchased 25$ worth of vbucks from the playstation store. Loaded up Fortnite and as soon as I load into a party I see my 2000+ vbucks being subtracted for no absolute reason. I just wanted to buy the crackshot/nutcracker suit but I wasn't able to do that. I contacted playstation about the issue first and they confirmed they were added to the game but didn't know why they were subtracted and told me to contact epic games. read something online the forums about people being given stuff back but I received nothing. PSN: zombie_squad_420 case #1553837

Comment

• In response to [EPIC] MrPopoTFS I can't for the life of me find out how to p.m of from mobile so here is my case # platform I play on and gt.

New Case: # 1587935

Platform: Xbox One

Gamertag: x8x g0ku x6x

Pic's
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Attached Files

Comment

• Still missing my items and compensation Thank you. Case #1556454

Thanks for contacting Epic Games Player Support.

We are aware of an issue that has caused some players to lose inventory and outpost storage.

If you are impacted by this issue, please keep an eye on this “Official Forum Thread:”https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...E2%80%99s-next for updates regarding the issue.

Our teams are working to resolve this for impacted players as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Last edited by CystemicCyanide; 01-05-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment