Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Development v1 - Save the World

Hey Fortnite family,

We released our first Save the World dev update of 2018 last week, and with it, restated our continued commitment to Save the World!

We’re coming into the new year with the goal of letting you know exactly where we’re at on some of your biggest ideas to improve Save the World.

Here are a few features we have been working on and where they currently lie in development:

Upcoming Releases*
    (*Patch Dates may change)

Patch 2.3.0 (1/25)
    • Mutant Storm Event
      • Mini Bosses Integrated into the larger game
      • Hydraulics Weapon Set
    • Fix for oversized UI
    Patch 2.4.0 (~1/31)
    • Cozy Campfire - Group AOE Based Trap, works on Defenders too!
    • Context Sensitive Menus - Easier to take action on your menus
    • Expedition Improvements - No more running out of people - you can send expeditions to recover people as well as resources.
    • Fix for incorrect tooltips
    • Fix for incorrect or no player names showing up for party members.

Patch 2.5.0 (~2/7)
    • Valentine’s Event
      • Special Valentine’s questline - A Love Story, told the Fortnite way. ;)
      • Valentine’s-themed Heroes
      • Cupid Crossbow
    • New reactive quest type

Patch 2.6.0 (~2/14)
    • Spring it on Event
      • Week 1 of the ‘Spring it On’ questline released!
      • New Event Store items!
    • Complete in-game music overhaul (Orchestra Edition)
    • Opt-In Difficulty increase for greater challenge and rewards

Patch 3.0.0 (~2/21)
    • Stamina Part 1 - Player Movement
    • Quest Map Improvements
    • Spring it on Event
      • Week 2 of “Spring it On” questline released!
      • New event store items!
    • Inventory w/ Crafting in FE

Look for more of these consistent communications regarding our development status. Saving the world is a group effort and we are completely committed. We’re here with you.

Darren Sugg
    Creative Director
    Last edited by [EPIC] Mooney; 01-24-2018, 08:04 PM.

Sounds good, how long are these events going to last. Because it looks like they are lasting 1 week and then switching. Like the mutant storm goes from the 25th to the valentines 7th which is only like a week or 2. and then from that it goes from the 7th to 14th. which im either not understanding correctly, or the dates are right and that doesn't seem like a lot of time to grind them out! compared to the winter events like 3-4 weeks

Comment

I love this game but unfortunately I can't afford it. Is there an approximate date at which the game is fully free? Thank you.

Comment

• BASE Kyle commented
        Editing a comment
        There's no specific date as to when Save the World will be free yet. The current scope is some time in 2018. Epic will release more info about a specific date when they're sure and ready!

• SpaYco commented
        Editing a comment
        probably the summer or before, not sure though.

no one gives a **** about the state of your game...

Unban the falsely banned players you useless ****s

Comment

• slim_shady_21 commented
        Editing a comment
        ya i dont think you were falsely banned

• TheBricks commented
        Editing a comment
        If I wasnt falsely banned I wouldnt still be able to play Pubg and every other game that uses the same anti cheat. Get off your high horses, you have no clue what you're talking about.

• baga1990 commented
        Editing a comment
        TheBricks, I think people are saying that - based on your cool and measured comment - it is unlikely you were banned for whatever you were using, and more likely you were banned for poor attitude.

When will you guys address the WALL LAUNCHERS without perks, its the new year, still no "perks" and no "compensation"?

p.s. hydraulic weapons and heroes return? thats wassup! :D

Comment

So uh... Just gotta ask. Y'know, for a friend:

Any more Kyles coming this way? :D

Comment

• Altan Rapsied commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely need a Kyle for valentine too. But at some point if they keep adding just Kyles it will feel like they just do not care of the other heroes. Tho I wonder why they do not do 8 heroes each time, 1 male and female for each job like halloween.But IMO having only Kyles is the best thing for this game.

thank you for the updated.

Comment

Originally posted by TLBx View Post
          Sounds good, how long are these events going to last. Because it looks like they are lasting 1 week and then switching. Like the mutant storm goes from the 25th to the valentines 7th which is only like a week or 2. and then from that it goes from the 7th to 14th. which im either not understanding correctly, or the dates are right and that doesn't seem like a lot of time to grind them out! compared to the winter events like 3-4 weeks
          I wanted to give you folks some more info on this, but we are going to follow up later. In short we are going to try to break up these big events, into smaller bite sized chunks. We are going to start by not pulling the quests out right away, so you'll still have more time to play the content than just one week. More info to come soon.

Comment

Thanks for the update Darren, always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by O2REALG View Post
              When will you guys address the WALL LAUNCHERS without perks, its the new year, still no "perks" and no "compensation"?

p.s. hydraulic weapons and heroes return? thats wassup! :D
              We did January 12th. :) If you have one that doesn't have perks, contact CS.

Comment

• YukeraYasha commented
                Editing a comment
                It would be good if you guys could tell people in the announcement section when it actually happens - I saw you guys were going to do chest compensations too, but never saw anything on it afterwards. More transparency please!
                Last edited by YukeraYasha; 01-24-2018, 10:09 PM.

Holy Husk, that sounds amazing, thank you for posting this, im kinda sad the FE Inventory and Crafting is delayed but i understand that its difficult to iron out, best of luck and thanks for this amazing game :)

Comment

How come the event store is gone even though the event ends tomorrow?

Comment

• Altan Rapsied commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Because we are tomorrow. The event do not need a patch to end itself, it's automatized on a coutdown.

When will you finally adress the loss of countless legendary schematic? Fixing the issue is one thing, ignoring players about something they cannot get back is another, especially those who paid the ultimate and got screwed with the bug.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks you for keeping us in the loop. I would like an update on the chat disappearing while typing, on console.

Comment

Wicked pissa update

Comment

Working...
                    X