Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• V.2.3.0 Server Update : NA West & East Coast Servers

Hey Folks,

With the launch of 2.3.0, we will be making some changes to our Server Regions in North America. Wondering what that means and how it affects you? Take a look at our mini-FAQ below:
    • North America will be split into: NA East + NA West.
    • NA East servers are located in: Virginia and Ohio (this is currently NA today).
    • NA West servers are located in: Northern California and Oregon (new).
    • Many players on west coast U.S. + Canada, along with parts of Mexico, will have ping improvement ranging from minor to major (ping cut in half in some cases).
    • You should auto-route to the most optimal region, but we recommend double checking your settings once 2.3.0 is live.
    • Playing with friends in other regions is still 100% seamless. You just party up as normal and the Party Leader's region will determine the region for the match.
    • Why are there now two datacenters per region?:
      • Matches are currently randomly distributed between them (Virginia/Ohio for NA East for example).
      • Long-term we are looking to make this more intelligent and seamlessly group players into the best possible experience.
      • The datacenters within each region have very small ping variance for majority of players.
      • We need to run in multiple datacenters to support player counts and have redundancy in the case of datacenter-specific issues.

Thanks,
    The Fortnite Team

Problem is this will further dilute the PVE player base.

Comment

• Be_Stark commented
      Editing a comment
      agree,but it looks like they arent giving a lot of attention to pve

• kakamouth commented
      Editing a comment
      Regional data centers are fairly common practice, users typically only notice them as extended downtime followed by better load times.

• gOdzone33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they will closer to the release date mainly because battle royal seems to be their most popular and draws the most attention and when it comes time they will focus on the “campaign/pve” aspect of the game.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Unless one of the staff could give us an insight on whether this affects PVE or not?

Comment

if you can split North Amerca servers please split Asia servers too!

Comment

Split BR from StW. Split BR into EAST/WEST.

Comment

Sounds like it's just an update to get into the network. Doesn't mean you can't play with people on the other side of the US.

Comment

Qual previsão para a liberação salve o mundo no jogo. As.Victor Santos
            ​​​​​​

Comment

The one thing on top of my list I have been wanting is a server on the west coast since my ping is pretty high regardless of my internet quality. I do hope this applies to Xbox One as I am sure it does.Thank you Fortnite/Epic Team for everything you do. Great Game!!

Comment

Any idea as to when i can play again????

Comment

After the update its not letting me on is saying maintians failure can u tell me why thanks

Comment

When will the servers be back online

Comment

and it continues, currently not able to access servers.
                      Last edited by xLoWxBaRoNx; 01-25-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

cuando estarán los servidores funcionando?!

Comment

why do u have to shut down all servers for NA servers update?

Comment

still not ready

Comment

Working...
                            X