Extended downtime brief explanation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• [OFFICIAL] Extended downtime brief explanation

During our downtime to upgrade to 2.3, we were performing recommended tasks to resolve a lingering database issue. Those tasks ended up causing the database to go into a bad state. After significant consideration, we decided our best option was to restore from a backup at the moment we took the servers down for the patch. Our first restore failed (due to issues *unrelated* with the quality of the backup) and we're working on a second attempt at the restore. We're on it and it will be up as soon as humanly possible.
    UPDATE: 1:43 PM Eastern: Our ongoing work on the party issues inadvertently resulted in some players being placed in an incorrect region. This should self correct, but please make sure to check you are on the your correct region before matchmaking!
    UPDATE 2:18 PM Eastern: Party and Social services are continuing to be impacted. We are investigating ways to mitigate and are continuing to look into the root cause. We are unsure if downtime will be necessary today.
    Last edited by [EPIC] Flak; 01-27-2018, 04:15 PM.

This wait is absolutely awful but take whatever time you need.

Comment

• Dhyowkiller commented
      Editing a comment
      i hope the back up work i will be wait for to come back online i love the game take you time guys

• FriedDog commented
      Editing a comment
      This update made my textures glitch out like the soccer stadium just think about it being the entire map please help

All good, all the best for fixing it lads.

Comment

we better get some v bucks or a special skin for waiting
      or battle pass tiers

Comment

• TypowySeba69 commented
        Editing a comment
        you selfish ******** they fixing the game for you twats soo u can play not cry

• xPr0_Sn1p3r15x commented
        Editing a comment
        Typo they're fixing the Game so they can make money not so we can play.

• D0nnayg commented
        Editing a comment
        @xPr0_Sn1pE315x That's the whole thing about games: they deliver an entertainment service which you can (in this case, choose to) support with money

take your time guys :)

Comment

• EsssKo commented
        Editing a comment
        I think its more about the fact that a lot of people bought the battle pass and don't have a lot of time to play so the game being down is putting people at a lose since there are not getting the time to make there battle pass worth the money.

• hellivioze commented
        Editing a comment
        Being down for 12 hours is not ging to be significant enough to impact on battle pass grinders.

• CrypticVictory commented
        Editing a comment
        what time should it be back up

L'attente est insupportable mais ... si c'est pour que l'on puisse un jour rejouer à Fortnite .... Je vous donne tout le temps qu'ils vous faudra, même si j’espère pouvoir jouer dès ce soir !!

Comment

Mad, hope you all fix it i wanna get back to dancing on the graves of my enemies

Comment

Why people are salty?? Its all on Early Access... Dont give V-Bucks or any else... Pls try updating

Comment

• 0Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll find them in Salty Springs :3

• YOLO1049745 commented
            Editing a comment
            What about people who don't wanna pay?

A special skin, v buck , battle pass tiers or what else were good for a compensation

Comment

• BrutalAngel commented
            Editing a comment
            a game to play

• slim_shady_21 commented
            Editing a comment
            how bout shut up and stop asking for ****. these stupid people worring about skins when fortnite in itself can be destroyed

Make Save The World 50% for one day and we're all friends again. Please. I really want this to happen. Really. Want.

Comment

• gamenomore commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes please I really want to buy the game it just kills me knowing I missed out on the sale for Christmas, this would make me so happy but to be honest I know they don't even have to give anything free or on sale for us I just like this idea better then anything else because I'd buy it in a heartbeat. One free tier is technically worth it if the downtime only last one day so if they did anything more than that they are extremely generous since they don't really have to do anything (yes people would be mad but they really don't) I'd REALLY love if the game went on sale so I could buy the deluxe version since I was planning on paying $40 anyways.

to na espera

Comment

Would wait up to tomorrow :D
            Give 500 vbucks to all as a penalty xD

Comment

just fix it...

Comment

No need for the salt, this game is free to play and a hell of a lot better than the alternatives IMO. Good luck on the fix and I can't wait to play soon

Comment

• GAiram7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a Free to play game. But my battle pass is not free.

I just wanna get back on save the world cuz i bought the 90Euro game yesterday and havent played yet

Comment

Working...
                X