Party Service Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Service Issues

Hi everyone, Fortnite has had another big bump in player count this week and we were not prepared for it. We have had a ton of issues and we are working hard to getting them sorted. We can't apologize to our players enough, and you can be sure that we are going to make this right. We can only ask you for your patience. We will likely be taking Fortnite offline for a while so we can work through this. We'll let you know when that will happen. We will update you soon on the next steps.

UPDATE: 11:48 AM The Fortnite party service is down, and Solo and Fill are the only modes available. Players should expect downtime to fix the problem later today.

UPDATE: 1:43 PM Eastern: Our ongoing work on the party issues inadvertently resulted in some players being placed in an incorrect region. This should self correct, but please make sure to check you are on the your correct region before matchmaking! Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/t84ey

UPDATE: 2:15 PM Eastern: Party and Social services are continuing to be impacted. We are investigating ways to mitigate and are continuing to look into the root cause.

UPDATE: 4:15 PM Eastern: Party and Social services are still being impacted, but we are looking into a lead involving network configuration that may be the root cause. We’re doing everything we can to avoid downtime, however, this does still remain a possibility for later.

UPDATE: 6:35 PM Eastern: We think we’ve found a fix for these social/friend issues that does not require downtime. Players may have connection/matchmaking issues as we deploy, if this occurs continue to retry. We’ll update again once we’ve started.

UPDATE: 9:10 PM Eastern: We’ll be starting the potential fix soon! Remember that during deployment players may experience some temporary connection/matchmaking issues. We’ll update everyone after we’ve released the fix.

UPDATE: 11:00 PM Eastern: We’ve released the fix! We’re currently monitoring party/social stability to determine if this was successful. Another update to come soon on whether or not social features have been fully restored. Let us know if you’re still having any problems.

UPDATE: 12:00 AM Eastern: So far things are looking good with this fix. If you are still having issues with any social features or parties then please restart your game client. If you continue to have problems after restarting please reach out to us on any of our social media outlets.
    Last edited by [EPIC] Boomer; 01-28-2018, 01:10 AM.

When will it be fixed

Comment

Plz Middle East server
      we are millions of people who love this game
      we will really appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by leicesterjoss View Post
        When will it be fixed
        No current concrete ETA but we will keep you update in this thread!

Comment

I stay in the middle east and after today's update the game has again started lagging for the first 5 to 8 mins
          please fix it epic

Comment

Atcually working for me and a friend. Been able to get in a party :)

Comment

Thank you for being so proactive in fixing these issues Epic! It has been a big bummer not being able to play with friends the last three days and losing game time.

Comment

Can you please just turn the game off for a few hours and actually fix.

kill the hamster powering your servers as it is obviously dieing. I'm sorry Epic you may make good games but you are terrible at server management.

just fix the issue once and for all as this is becoming a running joke. Also give founders prioity in-game. Why should we who paid have to wait in a que to even play save the world and people who have never put a cent into the game get the same sue time

Comment

Today i spent 2 hours for trying to play whit my friend you need to fix problem quickly

Comment

yea honesty idc about squad i just want to play i havent in 4 days and i cant due to the failed to create party.I have a pure hate for those words. Thank you for trying to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Pitagora0Smusi View Post
                      Today i spent 2 hours for trying to play whit my friend you need to fix problem quickly
                      We're doing everything that we can! Currently looking into a lead involving network configuration that may be the root cause. We will keep you updated in this thread!

Comment

i too,i just want to play i havent in 4 days and i cant due to the failed to create party.

Comment

I have gained access to epic servers.
                          this is the current set up

Comment

Still no eta?

Comment

The next update will be at 6:15 Eastern time.

Comment

Working...
                              X