Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up relating to preload questions (and who can play on which dates)

Collapse
X

Heads up relating to preload questions (and who can play on which dates)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• [OFFICIAL] Heads up relating to preload questions (and who can play on which dates)

Some of you probably saw this on reddit, but I want to make sure it's here as well.

Hey guys, we want to give a heads up relating to your questions about preloading Fortnite. On PC/Mac we're making every effort to make this happen and will update you as soon as we know. For console, even if you are able to preload right now, it's possible you could end up having to download again closer to launch as we continue to update with the latest builds. We want to make sure you guys know this since it's can be a pain to have to download twice. We'll let you know when the final updates hit console as soon as we have those details. Thanks!

Preload Updates
    • PC players who will have 7/21 access at 10:00 a.m. are now able to preload. We may update again prior to tomorrow, but if you have your launcher open it should automatically catch the update.

EDIT: I'm seeing some confusion about a couple of things in the thread in terms of who gets to play and when, so I want to make sure everyone understand the following:

Who plays on 7/20? Players who were in Alpha who also have a Founder's Pack
    Who plays on 7/21? Anyone who has pre-ordered a Founder's Pack
    Last edited by [EPIC] raczilla; 07-20-2017, 02:29 PM.

Does this mean people are able to play right now, and that they will have to download again as the date gets closer?

Comment

How do we download on consoles? I have my epic games account linked to my PS4 account, tomorrow when this goes live can I download on PS4? When I check the store it says I don't own it.

Comment

nvm just started.
        Last edited by Cyrakuath; 07-19-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Alpha players

Comment

Originally posted by DarcZaFire View Post
            Does this mean people are able to play right now, and that they will have to download again as the date gets closer?
            What I do know is they are aiming for a 10am eastern time July 20th, launch! Pending the apocalypse.

Comment

PC preload already going too

Comment

You do? I don't see a preload happening macsd.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaedog View Post
                  How do we download on consoles? I have my epic games account linked to my PS4 account, tomorrow when this goes live can I download on PS4? When I check the store it says I don't own it.
                  This. Confused about this point.

Comment

Originally posted by macsdf1 View Post
                    PC preload already going too
                    I don't get the option.

Comment

Are we able to preload on Windows? I have just pre-ordered and I do not see an option or do not see my game I have just purchased.

Comment

I'm slightly confused, are Windows users able to download the game now? Or when are we able to download?

Comment

I Use Windows 8.1 Pro and I am not able to download it yet

Comment

I'm seeing some questions around the dates (not just preload) so I've updated the original post so everyone understands who plays on 7/20 and who plays on 7/21.

Comment

Ty for the update! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X