V.2.4.2 Patch Notes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• V.2.4.2 Patch Notes

V.2.4.2 Patch Notes have arrived. Time to feel the love with Valentine's Day themed skins or become Cupid with the brand new Crossbow! https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...-2-patch-notes

• Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).

...really? Did anybody visit the forums in the past weeks? Probably not...

Comment

Originally posted by Bumhunter90 View Post
      • Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).

...really? Did anybody visit the forums in the past weeks? Probably not...
      I'm very confused on that I thought the shotgun headshot damage was decreased to 150% only in the shooting test mode.
      So with it saying "Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%)." Does that mean for every mode or just the shooting test mode?
      300+ Wins
      5,000+ Kills
      3.0 K.D

Comment

• ZoneFrox commented
        Editing a comment
        This is for Shooting Test mode. "Shotguns are now 150% damage (was 250%)." And now its 200% on Last Update for Shooting Test.

"WEAPONS

• Crossbow
        • This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
        • Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
        • This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants. "
      Please don't do this. Crossbows shoot bolts, not arrows. You will drive my O.C.D. insane if you do this.

Comment

• DESTROYHER92 commented
        Editing a comment
        A modern day crossbow shoots arrows!! Lol

• Mossybut commented
        Editing a comment
        why would they be shooting a bolt? that would not even stun a person.

Originally posted by Fortnite - Pro View Post

I'm very confused on that I thought the shotgun headshot damage was decreased to 150% only in the shooting test mode.
      So with it saying "Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%)." Does that mean for every mode or just the shooting test mode?
      Just the shooting test

Comment

Originally posted by OldManNala View Post
        "WEAPONS
        • Crossbow
          • This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
          • Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
          • This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants. "
        Please don't do this. Crossbows shoot bolts, not arrows. You will drive my O.C.D. insane if you do this.
        Technically it could be consider a Bolt or Arrow it all depends on the length of it. If it's under 16 inches it's considered a Bolt. If it's 16 inches or above it is considered an Arrow. So my question is what is the length? :p
        300+ Wins
        5,000+ Kills
        3.0 K.D

Comment

• DESTROYHER92 commented
          Editing a comment
          Modern crossbows shoot arrows, so doesn't matter.

Originally posted by Fortnite - Pro View Post

Technically it could be consider a Bolt or Arrow it all depends on the length of it. If it's under 16 inches it's considered a Bolt. If it's 16 inches or above it is considered an Arrow. So my question is what is the length? :p
        I don't know where you got this information, but length doesn't determine the type to my knowledge. Length of bolts has been steadily going up with the technology of launching them. 19" are becoming common these days.

EDIT:Wrong place for this, pm if you'd like to take it further.
        Last edited by OldManNala; 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

And still building is staying a 10.....Starting to lose faith in the developers.

Comment

• Mossybut commented
            Editing a comment
            Change it in setteings they have made a option

Originally posted by OldManNala View Post

I don't know where you got this information, but length doesn't determine the type to my knowledge. Length of bolts has been steadily going up with the technology of launching them. 19" are becoming common these days.

EDIT:Wrong place for this, pm if you'd like to take it further.
          OldManNala

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/ma...rect-crossbows

We'll keep it public for now.

------------

They're certainly listening for the most part and need to be commended for that.
          Shooting Test #1 mode being made solo only is brilliant.
          The only change that wasn't really necessary is an upgrade to shotgun damage in the Shooting Test #1 mode. As we already understand how too high damage works with shotguns and the mode should be used for a better understanding of other weapons. Aside that it's looking to be a pretty decent update tomorrow.

Scoped AR will be useful again with regards to shooting, interesting.
          Statue-esque skin looks great.

Unfortunately not many bug fix mentions, specifically the slow and clunky building system (due to the revert) and problems Xbox users are having with the game, but those must be in a forthcoming update.

Comment

How much damage would the crossbow do?

Comment

so will this update tomorrow include save the world updates?

Comment

Originally posted by 88Infamous View Post

OldManNala

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/ma...rect-crossbows

We'll keep it public for now.

------------

They're certainly listening for the most part and need to be commended for that.
                Shooting Test #1 mode being made solo only is brilliant.
                The only change that wasn't really necessary is an upgrade to shotgun damage in the Shooting Test #1 mode. As we already understand how too high damage works with shotguns and the mode should be used for a better understanding of other weapons. Aside that it's looking to be a pretty decent update tomorrow.

Scoped AR will be useful again with regards to shooting, interesting.
                Statue-esque skin looks great.

Unfortunately not many bug fix mentions, specifically the slow and clunky building system (due to the revert) and problems Xbox users are having with the game, but those must be in a forthcoming update.
                That's exactly the same blog I read about the Bolt and Arrows :p.
                300+ Wins
                5,000+ Kills
                3.0 K.D

Comment

thanks for posting your reference, but one editor deciding "the history is arbitrary" doesn't do it for me.

Comment

WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH FIXING THE MATCHMAKING SERVICES!?!?!?!?!?!?
                    I've been disconnect/offline/unable to connect to matchmaking services for over a week now, but there's still patches rolling out releasing content??? I get to go into the game and then alway get kicked when searching for a game?? PLEASE GIVE US SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS? I'm going to miss the Shootout LTM because Epic doesn't want to fix these problems??? I also missed 90% of Sniper shootout because of this -__-

PLEASE I AM BEGGING FOR A REPLY OR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT, NOBODY IS ANSWERING THIS QUESTION.

Comment

so will this update tomorrow include save the world updates?

Comment

• Brackarn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There is one update to StW listed - a fix for PS4 players getting their badges. Nothing else for us PvE suckers.

• ZeroSlow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        man thats so dumb. i heard they were going to add inventory in the main menu so you can make weapons or get ride of stuff when not in missons. that was my only complaint.

• Brackarn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The changes you're after will be coming down the track. From what they're listing in the upcoming patches, you're most interested in 3.1.0, which supposedly includes front-end inventory access with crafting.
                    Working...
                    X