Fortnite State of Development - v4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortnite State of Development - v4

Here’s a look at our current bulletin board of work including stuff on the horizon!

Im gonna BE honest i think they should add Finland into the wither ski skins well because Finland they used them in wars

Comment

I think you forgot to mention that this is Battle Royal only... Granted it seems like Epic forgot that Fortnite wasn't just Battle Royal most days.

Comment

I don't agree with putting weapons in the vault... we should be looking to diversify the weapon pool as much as possible... This means making sure every weapon is viable, not removing them because they get less use than others...

Comment

Epic games sabotaged 100% of my time in Fortnite. In my first 50% matches, then everything i destroy with my pickaxe, did not disappear after 4-10 seconds, The same delay with chests i open & when switching weapon. My hotkeys is disabled in 100% matches. In about 30% matches then everytime i died then W was disabled, so i couldn't run forward. In about 30% matches then Right click was disabled everytime i was going to shoot someone, in about 25% matches then E was disabled so i couldn't pick up items, in about 20% matches then D was disabled so i couldnt walk right.. In about 10% matches then R was disabled so i couldnt pick up items, in about 10% matches then my game crash or i log off automatically when i was one of the last left alive. In about 40% of my last matches then A key is used by itself about 20000 times per match, it's used by itself every single time any enemy is nearby. 50% of what i builded, is never editable, when i press the edit key then nothing happens, my jump is mini jump after only walking and running, without i even had been jumping. Everytime i turn my pc on and open Epic Games Launcher, then i have to install fortnite 2 times again. I need to install fortnite for 100 hours for every 10 hours i played the game. Everytime my pc was turned off, then fortnite need to be installed again, even though the game already is installed. Fortnite is already installed but it have to install from 1% to 100% everytime, then when i reach 100% then it reset to 1% again, so i need to install fortnite 2 times for every 1 time i play the game. Now they just banned me for no reason at all from fortnite after they sabotaged 100% of my time in the game. I walk left constantly every single time any enemy is nearby in 100% of my matches for the last 40 days. Now i got banned for no reason at all when they sabotaged 100% of my time in the game. They had a very long time before fixing the problems, before i would start to type it on forums. Now i type this is on forums every single day, untill i am unbanned & the problems is fixed.

Comment

I have a big bug !!!! My coords are WHITE
            Attached Files

Comment

Hm, Fortnite's Future is now BR only?

Comment

please focus on save the world

Comment

What about player support? Seems like there is no one answering and i would like what going to be with my ban. I bet im not the only one there. btw: screening this post in case you delete it

Comment

Here I thought Battle Royale was merely a game mode. However, since this is all about Battle Royale aka “FORTNITE” State of Development it’s pretty clear Save the World is merely the peripheral game mode to the main game and focus of the devs.

So, these are still the Unreal guys donating their off time, right? Why is a separate team of volunteers dishing out more content and support and communication that the STW team? Looking at the STATE OF THE LACK OF DEVELOPMENT for STW, I shake my head and I say shame on you!

Comment

Here is a breakdown of this post:
                      1. Shotgun nerf and carrying multiple weapons of the same type
                      2. Silent Sniper and “banking” weapons
                      3. Monthly themes to maps
                      4. A NEW map
                      5. Listening to the players

First off, why increase headshot damage with shotguns?! They are already over powered. I one shot a player today with a white common pump shotgun, and they had shield as well as full health. This shouldn’t be possible. Plus, with the meta being players using two pump shotguns, it’s crazy to buff them up. Speaking of players using two pumps, it’s absurd that this is allowed. Players should only be able to pick up one type of each weapon. The reply to that statement is going to be, “you’re just trash, get ‘gud’, or it’s part of the game and you can do it too,” but that’s not the point. You shouldn’t take the strongest weapon in the game, buff it, and allow it to shoot faster than a tac shotgun. Taking the time to reload the pump shotgun is the sacrifice a player makes for the damage output it has. It’s the same for the two types of snipers. You just don’t usually see players using two bolt action snipers because it takes time to reaquire your target when scoping back in.

Second, a crossbow? Alright, a crossbow is pretty cool, but EVERY player I’ve played with had their fingers crossed on a silent sniper. How crazy awesome would that be. Maybe you could add a silencer to the semi automatic sniper? And what’s with “banking” weapons? I personally enjoy the SMG over other weapons. Maybe get rid of the scoped AR. I speak for a lot of players on this. They would rather run around with a white common rifle than pick up a purple scoped AR. Are you kidding me?

Next, I’ve heard a lot of discussion of making a monthly theme to the map. Like how we had the Christmas themed map. But please choose some better audio for the bus ride in! Some themes we discussed were: a pirate theme, space theme, all of the different holiday’s like St. Patty’s day ect., a samurai theme... You get what I’m saying. Change the map for the specific theme. You are all pretty creative so this shouldn’t be hard to do. Maybe toss some banners on the buildings, or replace a regular car with a space car, or turn some bushes into piles of sand. Something like that. Speaking of bushes, they should conceal the player, not conceal their ability to see. A lot of players won’t even pick up a bush because it obstructs their view when trying to aim down sights.

Also, a new map! I’m sure this is underway. I mean, if you want to keep your 3.4 concurrent playerbase, this is a given! Maybe an announcement that sometime in the future there will be a new map would be a solid way to keep the numbers up. It gives hope that this game is going to be around for the long haul. I guess a good test would be to see how many players are willing to pay for season 3, because if your numbers drop more than anticipated then, you can guarantee the game will come crashing down come season 4 if there isn’t an announcement of something huge such as a new map. And in my opinion, it’s better to give the players an idea of what’s coming sooner than later. You don’t have to spell it out, but also don’t be too vague in your interpretations. Say “We are looking into the possibility of a new map, and we plan on keeping you informed as we progress towards its release.” Easy peasy. Coming out with new skins, emotes, and gliders is nice and all, but it doesn’t do anything for the game for those that aren’t willing to spend the money on in game currency. Paying for a season might be a one time deal for some unless they can look forward to something in the future.

Finally, you all are doing a great job with the game so far. The biggest piece of advice I can give, LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS!!! Don’t listen to only your streamers and youtubers, listen to ALL OF THEM. And research what made and broke other games. On every forum you go to, the biggest request is to listen to the players and don’t keep them in the dark. You’ve been pretty informing so far, so keep it up. A lot of forum post are complaints or whatever, but a lot of them are genuine requests and ideas. Maybe before you begin working on something new, take a poll and see what your players really want. You could use an actual poll, in game (because not everyone uses the forums) so it’s based off a players choice and not a bot, to determine where to take the game to the next level. Hmm... “Would you like to nerf the shotguns or give them a buff?”

Anyway, thanks for everyone’s time, those who made it through my entire post.

Comment

When will you patch for ps4 pro 4k update like the Xbox one x had

Comment

Are you gonna fix double pump soon? :)

Comment

I'm new here and I was just wondering if there were any talks about damage meters for kills to stop kill stealing from happening on squads or duos modes..

Comment

Yes it’s called you knock them you get it if you don’t then you don’t it’s pretty simple and good I think so learn have to better aim to get kills and as for xp gains off kills it’s minimal and landing and living longer gets you more xp

Comment

Working...
                              X