Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortnite Battle Royale - Upcoming Improvements

Hello folks!

A huge thank you to everyone who has participated in the Public Test so far! We’ve been watching all the unique tactics that folks have been able to come up with to survive Battle Royale, and it’s been incredible to see some of the crazy things you all are doing to win.

We wanted to give some insight into the kinds of improvements that are in the works for Battle Royale.
    • Squads. Right now, this is our number one priority, and we hope to release it in the next few weeks. We've already done internal playtests and it's been exciting to see all the new strategies being used in team gameplay.
    • Inventory management. We recognize there are a few things that are frustrating to navigate, and we have some short-term solutions coming to help improve this experience. Further out, we hope to re-evaluate our inventory system from the ground up.
    • Controls. Some of our controls aren’t ideal, such as how grenades and bandages are consumed. We’d like to make this an easier experience.
    • Supply drops and new weapons. One of the biggest strengths Fortnite has is its amazing weapon lineup, and we want to introduce more of the crazy-cool weapons from Save the World to Battle Royale in the future. We also want to bring in these weapons through supply drops throughout the match, which can serve two goals: 1) time-gate specific weapons to the later phases of the match, 2) add more excitement to the mid-game through the battle to secure Supply Drops.
    • In addition, there are a couple weak areas in the weapon lineup. Mid-range Sniper Rifles (which would fit in-between the current Automatic Rifle and Sniper Rifle) and a mid-range Sub-Machine Gun are the highest priority.
    There are also some more balance adjustments we’re looking at that will hopefully improve the overall play experience.
    • Next week:
      • Falling damage. We are adjusting the thresholds for when you receive falling damage, as well as reducing the frequency in which you’ll be hurt from falling at lower elevations.
      • Weapon accuracy. Close-range engagements are a bit too unpredictable right now, so we’ll be reducing the weapon spread during worst-case scenarios (both running and shooting simultaneously). Yes, this includes the SMG.
      • Sniper rifle projectile velocity. A slight increase is coming.
    • Near future:
      • Ammo availability. Light ammo and shotgun shells seem to be fine, but the other types can be a bit too limited. Medium ammo will see the greatest increase.
      • Improving grenade behavior. In the short term, we’ll be increasing stack size and the quantity of grenades in loot. In the longer term, we’d like to enable a visible trajectory so you can predict where a grenade is going to go.
      • Safe zone timing and ring sizes. We are looking into some issues where the rings aren’t always going to the right locations, resulting in players spending a lot more time running toward safe zones than we were expecting.
      • Matchmaking time. There’s a bit more waiting around in the lobby than we want, so we’re going to look at how we can speed things up here.
    Of course, as with any game development, some of these plans may change or take longer than we expect.

Cheers!
    Last edited by EricSW; 09-15-2017, 03:21 PM.

I don't think grenade trajectory is needed personally. It feels kind of cheesy, especially since feeling of learning how to throw a perfect grenade is just awesome. If you add the indicator, then at least please add way to turn it off. Would be greatly appreciated! :)

__________________________________________________ _________

For squads/Duos (Personal opinion from super bad experience in PUBG)
    Please consider making it so that if your squad mate gets killed, enemies can't just finish him off and force you back to lobby. Instead think of providing players with ability resurrect your teammate anytime, but the moment he dies he instantly turns into spectator so he can't ghost(give out position) of your enemies. In order to avoid 'Resurrection trains' there could be amount of lives and other mechanics added, for example in division you can get killed up to 3 times before you're officially out of the game and it works great.

With mechanics including:
    -Zone damage
    -Life limits
    -10-20 seconds resurrection time
    -time limit,
    This should be more than enough to prevent players from abusing this system and just abandoning their lives just to play stupid. But at the same time it would create aggressive plays more possible as even if there's 1 person alive from your team, it wouldn't mean that you're all out of the game.

In BattleRoyale nothing is more annoying than situation where in first 20 minutes of the game one of your teammates dies, then you MUST either play without him (it just feels bad, if you've got any gamers in studio then you'll know what i'm talking about) or just go back to lobby and queue again (Which is unfair to rest of team, it feels like just abandoning all progress you've made, just to be a nice guy and not make a person wait 15 minutes)

To wrap it up
    In my opinion it's very 'not OK', that PUBG promotes "Kill him to ruin their game" behavior. It happens way too often that when teammates dies you go into mindest "Just kill one of them to ruin their game, then leave". I see streamers do it, i see myself do it, i see my friends do it... It makes whole experience very shallow and toxic at it's core.
    Last edited by AdeDesu; 09-16-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Please, add stats and ranks, I would love to see my best scores / tops with the number of kills, like H1Z1 does actually. This should be in your priorities, I would pay a lot to get this asap lol, thanks devs, your mode is really awesome.

Comment

First of all. Thank you for bringing BR to the PS4. Here's a few things that I wish you would clarify for me.

#1 - Are ps4 users playing with pc users ? If yes then why? It's not fair.
        First I hate playing multiplayer PC games because people always find a way to cheat. In a console game when I get killed online it's because the other person is better than me or excuse (lag). I don't want to worry if the person that killed me is a PC user with hacks (because I'm sure there's hacks for the game already)

#2 The console version is running 30 fps (even on PS4Pro) while a PC is not? how do you not see this as a problem? or are you making ppl play fornite on pc at 30 fps ?

#3 - Mouse and Keyboard > Controller. You might say "why don't you just connect a keyboard and mouse since it's supported in this game" guess what I did.. and guess what? you can't adjust the mouse sens... in order to that you have to plug in your mouse and change the dpi and that's not a way to adjust mouse sens so I have to play with a controller which is bad.

#4 - The way you change weapons in the controller is horrible. Hold Triangle to choose axe , press triange to rotate to the right. Why not just use L1 or R1 as a modifier to choose weapons? Holding L1 + Square = slot 2 , L1 + Triange = Slot 3 , L1 + 0 = SLot 4, you get the idea.

I've always wanted cross platform play for certain games (Like minecraft for pve) or even this game for PVE but PVP is a big no no. Please allow only console players vs other console players.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRamiGaming View Post
          First of all. Thank you for bringing BR to the PS4. Here's a few things that I wish you would clarify for me.

#1 - Are ps4 users playing with pc users ? If yes then why? It's not fair.
          First I hate playing multiplayer PC games because people always find a way to cheat. In a console game when I get killed online it's because the other person is better than me or excuse (lag). I don't want to worry if the person that killed me is a PC user with hacks (because I'm sure there's hacks for the game already)

#2 The console version is running 30 fps (even on PS4Pro) while a PC is not? how do you not see this as a problem? or are you making ppl play fornite on pc at 30 fps ?

#3 - Mouse and Keyboard > Controller. You might say "why don't you just connect a keyboard and mouse since it's supported in this game" guess what I did.. and guess what? you can't adjust the mouse sens... in order to that you have to plug in your mouse and change the dpi and that's not a way to adjust mouse sens so I have to play with a controller which is bad.

#4 - The way you change weapons in the controller is horrible. Hold Triangle to choose axe , press triange to rotate to the right. Why not just use L1 or R1 as a modifier to choose weapons? Holding L1 + Square = slot 2 , L1 + Triange = Slot 3 , L1 + 0 = SLot 4, you get the idea.

I've always wanted cross platform play for certain games (Like minecraft for pve) or even this game for PVE but PVP is a big no no. Please allow only console players vs other console players.
          Wow, you could have avoided this whole post if you read the FAQ.

If I’m on Xbox One, can I play with my PS4 friends, or the other way around? What about PC?
          Cross-platform play is not supported by Fortnite at this time.

That alone takes out 1, 2, 3. Then we are left with your 4th complaint. Combo buttons in a shooter? Did you think that through? A nightmare if you have to make quick decisions. The single button swap work fine. Thankfully for you, they are redoing the inventory system and most likely how the weapon/bandage/gernade swaps go.

Comment

Originally posted by Uberkull View Post

If I’m on Xbox One, can I play with my PS4 friends, or the other way around? What about PC?

That alone takes out 1, 2, 3. Then we are left with your 4th complaint. Combo buttons in a shooter? Did you think that through? A nightmare if you have to make quick decisions. The single button swap work fine. Thankfully for you, they are redoing the inventory system and most likely how the weapon/bandage/gernade swaps go.
            Do you play Fornite on ps4 ? If your Shotgun is on Slot 2 and your Sniper is on Slot 5 , you have to press triangle 3 times to get to the Sniper. You are telling me it's faster/better to press triangle 3 times then say L1 + Square? LMAO get out of here

Also there's people playing vs me that aren't on PSN , I tried adding them and they aren't on. There's also a post on reddit showing that it is possible to play with PC users so yeah maybe you should find out before saying anything :(

Comment

Originally posted by Uberkull View Post

While it says Cross-platform play is not supported, it is there. Recently people have been posting on the Fortnite subreddit that Ps4 and Xbox players are in the same Battle Royale matches with pictures and evidence to back it up. Some are claiming PC players are also showing up in Console Battle Royale matches, haven't seen proof of it myself yet.

And since the start of Early Access I myself have been playing on PC with a few people that are playing on Xbox or the Ps4. Even a few of my PC buddies have played with those same people.

Comment

Pls fix the mouvment/aimin mecanic on consoles. It is a complete mess right now.

Too much acceleration/Huge deadzone makin micro aimin nearly impossible.

Thx

Comment

Can we have the ability to turn off cross-play? I'm on PS4 and It's not fair that I have to play against people on PC - mouse and keyboard has an advantage.

Love the BR mode. Thanks devs!

Comment

customization/trophies/prone/and maybe a ping meter since some people seem to really laggy and ruin the experience for the rest

Comment

Can you please, pleaaaaaaaaaaaase, fix the bloom ?
                      Like very accurate for the first shots, it is very frustrating right now.. RNG based and not truly skill based. How many fights did I lose because I was aiming perfectly at the head but the bullet shot a bird behind a cloud..
                      I know that you are improving the accuracy while aiming and moving but.. That's not it. Even if it's not in this patch, let us know if you are planning something good so that we can still play knowing that we will soon get the real shooting experience we hope for.
                      People are already talking about leaving the game just because of the bloom. People ranking the game 6/10 right now and 9/10 if the bloom is fixed.
                      As a famous streamer said "It could be the League of Legends of BR games if they fix the bloom."

Comment

Can we get a detailed roadmap like this for pve or have you forgotten about us?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkcusD View Post
                          Can we get a detailed roadmap like this for pve or have you forgotten about us?
                          That would be nice!

Comment

Can we get some kind of server selection because atm it kinda sucks getting 30 man games when it says 100 man battle royale.

Comment

There is BLOOM in this game, it means bullets CAN'T go straight like that guy is shooting. Please shut the **** up now.

Comment

Originally posted by KangGaming

What... This is an example of console players not understanding how much better you can aim with a mouse. In the third clip, you can clearly see he missed a bunch of shots. With the game being hitscan, if he had an aimbot he would never miss. Never miss. As long as your cursor is on the target and you fire, you hit them with the way the current game is. An aimbot would lock the cursor onto the target causing you to never miss with hitscan unless you are using the sniper which doesn't have hitscan. He was accurate with both weapons and missed shots with both weapons.

I do agree, however, that it is unfair for PC players to go against console players because of accuracy issues. But clearly that dude was not hacking. He just has really good aim. Watch really good players stream the game on PC and you will see similar accuracy. Especially people that have been playing H1Z1 and PUBG for awhile. Different shooting mechanics but you can adapt quickly.
                                Since when is this game hitscan based?

Comment

Originally posted by XI DeViLz IX View Post
                                  Can we get some kind of server selection because atm it kinda sucks getting 30 man games when it says 100 man battle royale.
                                  Yes please. Experienced 30 man game on xbox all last night. Im in central US so i would assume i shouldn't have an issue matchmaking with others at that time..

Comment

Some things I think Battle Royale mode needs:

1. Ranking/Leveling/Leaderboards of some sort... so we can make progress but also see who is the best
                                    2. Better hit indication... Both for enemies and yourself. Too often I can't really tell if I've hit someone, or if I've been hit... There's not enough indication it has happened.
                                    3. Better visualization of how much health an enemy has left, and how much health you have left.
                                    4. Reduce the artificial inaccuracy by at least half... Come on, Let my ability to aim actually factor into the skillset.
                                    5. Remove one shot kills from 100% health unless by a sniper rifle, point blank shotgun or direct grenade hit. I know this seems to contradict #4, but I feel like it's really cheap to get 5-6 kills only to have some guy get lucky and come up in your blind spot and pick you off with one hit before you can even defend yourself.
                                    6. Let everyone start with a pistol and some ammo. I know people are going to probably downvote this idea, but hear me out... It's extremely frustrating to wait 5 minutes to play a match, skydive down, then land at the one building that has just a set of logs and that's it. I know part of the strategy is knowing where to get the best gear, but if I am left with nothing but a pick axe and literally almost everything within a mile is going to be picked clean by the time I can reach it, I basically already lost. Give me at least a chance to pick off a less skilled player using my pistol vs their shotgun or rifle or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by EricSW View Post
                                      Of course, as with any game development, some of these plans may change or take longer than we expect.
                                      All the new players...OH if only they knew what this really means.

Comment

The game is pretty fun and I've already put a ton of hours into it, but I think I'm done until certain things are improved.

Fall damage, aim spread, sniper bullets, and teaming are the things that need to be fixed right now. I'll come back for the patch that addresses that stuff :)

Comment

AUTO RUN BUTTON PLEASE <3 my fingers are hurting ^^

Comment

As we stated in previous posts, the forums are not the right place to report other players and discuss potential cheaters. I am going to be removing posts that are off topic and focused on reporting others.
                                            Please use player support to report players. Our PS team will probably investigate and follow up on these reports, but we cannot do so on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by AdeDesu View Post
                                              I don't think grenade trajectory is needed personally. It feels kind of cheesy, especially since feeling of learning how to throw a perfect grenade is just awesome. If you add the indicator, then at least please add way to turn it off. Would be greatly appreciated! :)

__________________________________________________ _________

For squads/Duos (Personal opinion from super bad experience in PUBG)
                                              Please consider making it so that if your squad mate gets killed, enemies can't just finish him off and force you back to lobby. Instead think of providing players with ability resurrect your teammate anytime, but the moment he dies he instantly turns into spectator so he can't ghost(give out position) of your enemies. In order to avoid 'Resurrection trains' there could be amount of lives and other mechanics added, for example in division you can get killed up to 3 times before you're officially out of the game and it works great.

With mechanics including:
                                              -Zone damage
                                              -Life limits
                                              -10-20 seconds resurrection time
                                              -time limit,
                                              This should be more than enough to prevent players from abusing this system and just abandoning their lives just to play stupid. But at the same time it would create aggressive plays more possible as even if there's 1 person alive from your team, it wouldn't mean that you're all out of the game.

In BattleRoyale nothing is more annoying than situation where in first 20 minutes of the game one of your teammates dies, then you MUST either play without him (it just feels bad, if you've got any gamers in studio then you'll know what i'm talking about) or just go back to lobby and queue again (Which is unfair to rest of team, it feels like just abandoning all progress you've made, just to be a nice guy and not make a person wait 15 minutes) :

To wrap it up
                                              In my opinion it's very 'not OK', that PUBG promotes "Kill him to ruin their game" behavior. It happens way too often that when teammates dies you go into mindest "Just kill one of them to ruin their game, then leave". I see streamers do it, i see myself do it, i see my friends do it... It makes whole experience very shallow and toxic at it's core.
                                              So you want to have a handicap mechanic in the game? forever fights are boring fights. 2nd chances does imo not belong in a br mode. that's like asking cod to give you 2lifes in SnD per round.

Comment

can we PLEASE get weapon attachments instead of weapon rarities? the rarity system is just lazy, when we would much rather prefer to be able to attach different scopes/sights, magazines, barrels, stocks and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by BuriedBullet View Post
                                                  can we PLEASE get weapon attachments instead of weapon rarities? the rarity system is just lazy, when we would much rather prefer to be able to attach different scopes/sights, magazines, barrels, stocks and so on.
                                                  It's not PUBG ****** gameplay here, move away thx

Comment

Dividing loot would be nice. Droping 3 out of 6 bandges to a friend instead of droping all of it at once

Comment

Originally posted by Tucaros View Post
                                                      Dividing loot would be nice. Droping 3 out of 6 bandges to a friend instead of droping all of it at once
                                                      I believe its just bandages that you can't divide currently, lets hope thats fixed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob Armitage View Post

I believe its just bandages that you can't divide currently, lets hope thats fixed soon.
                                                        we can split everything.... bandages too..

Comment

Originally posted by Tucaros View Post
                                                          If you drop them by using the drop button/hotkey after selecting them instead of dragging them to the trash bin, you'll get a popup asking you how many (dividing the stack in half by default).

Comment

Originally posted by Angry_Baguette View Post

we can split everything.... bandages too..
                                                            Yup, you are totally correct. I apologize!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazno View Post

If you drop them by using the drop button/hotkey after selecting them instead of dragging them to the trash bin, you'll get a popup asking you how many (dividing the stack in half by default).
                                                              My faulth then. Didn't notice that

Comment

I think you should add v-bux if you win or come in the top ten.10 for winning 1 for coming 10th

Comment

Are there any expansions when it comes to system requirements for macOS? I currently have 10.11 on my mac and will not be installing the Sierra update since it will slow my system a lot.

Comment

Pleases fix the voice chat for mac. I hate that the only way to communicate with your teamates is by dancing or shooting in the air.

Comment

Can we close the crossover? I'm on the PS4 and it's not fair that I have to play with people on the PC - the mouse and the keyboard have an advantage.

Comment

Can you add more Joystick Layouts for console(southpaw, legacy etc..), all that is offered is regular default. Games like halo, cod, and gears etc..incmude these in their control options. Hope you consider adding these for people like me. Ty

Comment

Hey epic games in here to share some ideas with you like the first one is to like let us drive the cars in the game but we will have to find our own gas to fill up the car to keep it rolling .My second idea was that the game owner should add binoculars in the game to see through out the Map see any enemy's that's coming our way.My third idea it that we should have like 2 more slots to have our stuff in their .My fourth and finnal idea is that you guys should have more maps and weapons and you guys should like put the skins an pick ax as and reward and add the v bucks skins and pick ax that are brand new and special .

But that's all that I asked is that to make the game better with these ideas that I gave you if you want
                                                                          Other than that what and great game that y'all made for us ????????????

Thank you very much

Comment

• warner boys commented
                                                                            Editing a comment
                                                                            I've been thinking about this idea. It came to mind when the cozy campfire came out. My idea is a gravestone, it brings back one of you eliminated teammates. Your teammate comes back with no shield and five or so health.It will be very rare to find and you would have to place it on a flat piece of building material

I just wish we could get some stuff br has in stw. Must say its a very fun and addicited game

Comment

I believe that there should be a 100 V-Buck reward for winning does anybody else agree with me on that. Cause even if you buy the PVE mode you still can't make enough V-Bucks to keep up with all the new skins in battle royale.

Comment

• #65
                                                                              You should add if you win or top 15you get some v-bucks because it is hard to get the money for them

Comment

Working...
                                                                              X