Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK is not okay - Fortnite Code of Conduct

Greetings!

We know AFK is one of the things you are most frustrated about in Fortnite, and here’s what we are doing about it...

We have begun by actioning our worst offenders, and any other players exhibiting this behavior can expect warnings/temporary bans to come soon. It is behavior that is not okay and something we plan to take action on.

Being AFK during a mission in Fortnite is both a detriment and downright disrespectful to the 3 other players. If you are ever in doubt as to what being Fortnite community member means, check out our newly minted Fortnite Code of Conduct.

Remember to treat each other with respect, we are all here to have fun...and build forts :D

but what about going afk when the mission is done? like missions "build the radar tower", "destroy encampment", "rescue the survivors". those missions can be done fast and you have to wait 5 min more or less, wouldn't be better if those missions also end faster like 1 min wait time before ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Oyakuro View Post
      but what about going afk when the mission is done? like missions "build the radar tower", "destroy encampment", "rescue the survivors". those missions can be done fast and you have to wait 5 min more or less, wouldn't be better if those missions also end faster like 1 min wait time before ends?
      Some people farm after the mission is completed so ending the missions faster would encourage people to farm during the mission instead of actually completing the mission. Also what would be considered being afk? Ive had to get off in the middle of a match to deal with IRL stuff and it ussually takes around 20-30 seconds for me to finish whatever it is and get back on.

Comment

• NokarStormBlade commented
        Editing a comment
        going afk in a defense phase is a no no.

• Icebolt123 commented
        Editing a comment
        That depends. As I said if they go AFK without announcing it or go AFK for half the wave, that is a no no, but if it's like a min or two there is no reason to get worked up over it as they likely got dragged away like I sometimes do get dragged away at the worst of times when playing games like Fortnite

Editing a comment
        sorry didnt mean it like that. yes there are of course acceptable reasons to afk.

What if me and my friends are in a group alone with no one else and go afk because we have to eat or something but one of us is still there doing the missionis that ok

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Barbarian View Post
        What if me and my friends are in a group alone with no one else and go afk because we have to eat or something but one of us is still there doing the missionis that ok
        It's clearly regarding to people joining public matches going afk and leeching rewards putting burden on the other players of the game, players that didn't agree to carry them through. If you're not in public and you're playing with friends only that are cool with it clearly Epic isn't going to ban you for going afk in those situations, but if you're in public and you're burdening somebody that isn't in your party then it's not okay to decide to go afk.

If it's a private group fine go afk
        If it's a public match then no it's not fine
        If it's a public match and EVERYBODY is still cool with it then that'd be fine too.
        If it's a public match with 2 friends and one random then it's not fine just because the majority (your 2 friends) said they don't care.

Comment

Hey guys. I really wish something like "kick button" or else. With 2 friends, we went off a road with someone AFK We really need to counter this because ... so many runs has gone failure due to this :( Last in count is a player called Ferplay (5 min ago) that stayed at camp till the end of the cooldown... PLEASE :/

Comment

• Phastman22 commented
            Editing a comment
            I ran into Ferplay last week, he was following other players and killing them using the teleporter gadget. He even got me once.

Originally posted by JEROME_FFBE View Post
          Hey guys. I really wish something like "kick button" or else. With 2 friends, we went off a road with someone AFK We really need to counter this because ... so many runs has gone failure due to this :( Last in count is a player called Ferplay (5 min ago) that stayed at camp till the end of the cooldown... PLEASE :/
          A kick button could also be abused and groups that kick people as a form of trolling would emerge in fortnite.

Comment

• Der_Metzler commented
            Editing a comment
            no kickbuttons or do u wanna be the random guy beeing kicked?

For sure... but if we dont take any counter munsure, everyone will soon play as AFK and pve wont be fun anymore. So, what to do ?

Comment

Part of the problem is with the missions themselves. Radar missions finish quickly, encampment and survivor missions being pointless after the 1 bonus. No real incentive to play the game.

One way to approach the other AFK problem is to not to punish the AFK'ers more, but to reward the people who do the objective. I'll leave it to someone else to think of ideas.

Comment

What is ther is an objective score that is different for every person depending on certain variables. This score would then be added to the chest line? for each player and the amount added would differ depending on how high that players objective score is.

Comment

• Der_Metzler commented
                Editing a comment
                this is bs. why encourage greed? "can you help me on that tower pls?" Re: "No i must do that camp it gives more reward!" I like the baseline that everyone contibutes to the end. To the same score. No jealousy. I already dislike that some in the group already gets double points by random factors. Hell give the whole party double **** by random and not this single target bs.

Editing a comment
                Thats just being a complete asshat. going AFK in a defense phase is just a no no.

Editing a comment
                aw hell commented on wrong post

How can the administrator contact you?

I want to upload the plug-in to check you

Comment

I have so far not encountered so many AFK people. I encounter by far more players that start a missions, stay for some minutes and then leave the game. I ended up alone in a mission several times. Well I just grinded and finished it by myself but I bet in higher levels this can be super annoying. Kicking people options lead just to kick-trolls as I noticed in other games. Either it should be a combination of the players competing in sidemissions / tasks get better rewards or you can rate another player (there is this thumb up thing you can set for another player after a mission, but I honestly do not know what effect it has). I.E. if you get thumbsup by random players you will receive x% more comander xp or so? Or a chance to get a random item?

Comment

On that note with AFK. Ur mission are too long. People liver outside ur game and in a house with mom dads kids and. Other people that may require ur attention. I go afk in mission yes put I give traps materials to help build so that mission is successful, usually 2-3min. So if ur solution in a ban I would like my money back please and thank you. It's already hard to find ppl in mission you got, ppl reporting you because you didn't help build ppl reporting you cuz they just want too sever time out should be enough or a kick option only when a party is not present. To be talking about banning ppl for a game they paid for isn't fair. There better ways to deal with. Epic
                  I rather have a Afker. Than a loot the map and quit in the game. If you ban on banning afk please send me back my money thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JEROME_FFBE View Post
                    The problem there is kick buttons are abused.

If you get grouped with people that don't like your character, your name, how you play or the weapons you use they will vote to kick you.

Originally posted by Jamacbtc View Post
                    To be talking about banning ppl for a game they paid for isn't fair.
                    Neither is disrupting other people and having to carry lazy players.

How is it fair that someone can go AFK and get the same end of match rewards as me when i've done most of the work?

They either need to ban them or have rewards participation based.

XP and quest completion should not be awarded to anyone who does nothing so if they aren't going to ban them they need to stop rewarding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomly1980 View Post

The problem there is kick buttons are abused.

If you get grouped with people that don't like your character, your name, how you play or the weapons you use they will vote to kick you.

How is it fair that someone can go AFK and get the same end of match rewards as me when i've done most of the work?

XP and quest completion should not be awarded to anyone who does nothing so if they aren't going to ban them they need to stop rewarding them.
                      Yeah but this would only end up in people not playing with randoms because some random could go and do the most rewarding stuff. Or the one being faster at a point will get it. The mission itself should be teambased as it is now. But nobody would say something about an extra reward if other random (non party) members give you good rating after a mission. That would btw also solve the issue with people joining and then leaving midgame constantly, leaving others alone facing the end of the mission.

Comment

The issue I run into most are people not playing the objective. They spend their time just looting until the mission is over. I like the idea of separate xp for each individual depending on what they do in the mission. The mission, in my opinion, run too long. I think shortening the period of time it takes to start the objective should be less.

Comment

• Jodu63 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          C'est surtout les coup donner par les armes qui ne vont pas je vous prendre un pompe bleu et tirer pleine tête le gars prendra 9 alors que le gars va me mettre un coup et va gagner c'est n'importe quoi

Originally posted by Lucky_Guardian View Post
                        The issue I run into most are people not playing the objective. They spend their time just looting until the mission is over. I like the idea of separate xp for each individual depending on what they do in the mission. The mission, in my opinion, run too long. I think shortening the period of time it takes to start the objective should be less.
                        That really depends on which mission you are on. If you build radar towers all by yourself time can be really short if you need to stock up material in between. Defending Atlas and the lightnig bus are often used by people to grind for stuff, but you never know what kinda sidemissions / quests they are on, apart the ones you see on the map. Sure a lot of people grind for materials, I do too, because I end up often alone with an active atlas and not upgraded wooden walls around it. To end a mission like this successfully can be a task and I can not build traps when I have not grinded for parts before. If you wana really rush trouhg missions then you will need to get a squad of friends which do the same. But you will end up in no time with no material and recources so you would need to play missions just to grind for recources. Combining both with randoms... successfull mission and grinding stuff is imo the best way to play at the moment. You do not run out of recources for traps / guns if it gets harsh... but you also do get successfull missions.

IMO the most important thing is to successfully end a mission if it takes 5 min more time than if rushed oh well... I am making the best out of it. A defeat is a waist of time by far more than 5 min.
                        After leaving stonewood people start to realise to play the objective.

Comment

Yea, how bout if someone is Idle for X amount of time, other players receive a vote notification to boot afk'ers? So tired of seeing people setup a "safe area" build a house around them and enable auto clickers. With the limited amount of people who play PvE vs BR, this has gotten VERY ridiculous. Didn't really see it til I hit Canny Valley, now it's more often than not. How bout a report button or ANYTHING??? All we get after the match is to give them a thumbs up (WTF is that ****) or a friend invite. Where's the report player buttons???

Comment

Originally posted by Jamacbtc View Post
                            On that note with AFK. Ur mission are too long. People liver outside ur game and in a house with mom dads kids and. Other people that may require ur attention. I go afk in mission yes put I give traps materials to help build so that mission is successful, usually 2-3min. So if ur solution in a ban I would like my money back please and thank you. It's already hard to find ppl in mission you got, ppl reporting you because you didn't help build ppl reporting you cuz they just want too sever time out should be enough or a kick option only when a party is not present. To be talking about banning ppl for a game they paid for isn't fair. There better ways to deal with. Epic
                            I rather have a Afker. Than a loot the map and quit in the game. If you ban on banning afk please send me back my money thanks.
                            Just lmao, what's your address? I'll refund you! If the missions are too long for you, do some short ones, if 15-20 mins is too long for you, perhaps you chose the wrong kind of game?

Comment

Originally posted by iHanzoMain View Post
                              Part of the problem is with the missions themselves. Radar missions finish quickly, encampment and survivor missions being pointless after the 1 bonus. No real incentive to play the game.

One way to approach the other AFK problem is to not to punish the AFK'ers more, but to reward the people who do the objective. I'll leave it to someone else to think of ideas.
                              +1 to this, use the combat, building, utility mechanics to give more rewards to those doing their jobs depending on hero class they have. for example, outlanders should have a minimum utility/building required to get bonus commander exp(used to unlock skill tree nodes). building/combat for constructors since they are the ones who set traps and put BASE which help defend objectives, for ninjas, combat/utility since they go around maps and clear encampments the fastest. and for soldiers combat and much more combat since they lay waste of pretty much everything that comes close to the fort.

It doesn’t have to be this formula but still come up with something, this is just my suggestion. it would greatly improve our gameplay experience since this way, everyone has to do what they are intended to do, not go around the map and just farm resources and then LEAVE. also punish those who leave the match. #NeverLeaveAFriendBehind

also if a synergy of some kind is to be implemented, that would greatly help too like if you’re close to a ninja (lets say 5 tile radius) you get increased melee dmg boost, for constructors (same radius) you get bonus HP/shield boost, for soldiers (same radius) you get increased range dmg boost and for outlanders, increased movement speed boost. and all these could only stack once, to avoid stacking of the same classes in lobbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpah View Post
                                Where's the report player buttons???
                                lol, in the menu, maybe you need the refund.

Comment

Reduction of lag

Hello,

This post is dedicated for those who suffer from lag and high ping, NoPing is software that greatly optimizes your gameplay.

With unique technology, NoPing Tunnel traces the best route to the server of your favorite online game.

Gaining up to 50% improvement depending on your internet!

Test for 3 days for free, if you register at the link below:

nopi.ng/forum

Watch the video below with and without NoPing!

Comment

Let's consider a Deliver The Bomb mission as an example of how to personalize objective scores.

Finding the Rift/Armory/Launcher - All individual actions, would be directly competitive so shouldn't be part of the personalized scores.
                                    Build Defenses around the Launcher - If you contribute to the build (i.e. you build walls, traps, or contribute materials to walls and traps) or are involved in clearing the immediate area around the Launcher (including killing husks that wander into the area or destroying encampments NEAR the Launcher), you get credit.
                                    Get BluGlo - This is like Finding ... it's a directly competitive thing. Even if we were to give credit even if you just picked up BluGlo and yours wasn't used in the Armory, it'd drive some weird behaviour (like Constructors racing, huffing and puffing along the way to get a BluGlo)
                                    Build the Track - If you contribute to building the track, clearing the track, your dropped track pieces are used, or are currently engaged in Building Defenses, you get credit.
                                    Defend the Bomb - If you contribute to damage to husks along the bomb's route, specifically to the husks spawned by the bomb, or are engaged in Building Defenses, you get credit.
                                    Defend the Launcher - If you contribute to damage to husks while in the final phase, either through traps or weapons, you get credit.

The goal, as I hope you can see, would be to create a situation where contribution to the mission objectives gives credit, whereas side things, like crafting a tower or smashing a troll, might give in mission utility (like more parts, bluglo, etc.) they wouldn't contribute to the overall scoring at the end of the mission. Further, the means of evaluating who gets credit would also be broad, so people could contribute in different ways ... Outlanders feeding a Constructor get credit if they're contributing to the build, Constructors get credit if their traps do damage in the Defend phase, etc.

Comment

It would be nice if it was smart enough to say "hey he set his privacy to friends only and is doing this mission alone so lets not kick him or penalize him for being AFK"

Comment

Okay so being afk is a bannable offense? What happens if im playing and all of a sudden an emergency happens? You fking morons take a month to respond to any of your support tickets so how would that person get their account back?

You all should seriously spend less time smoking weed and more time doing your job. For example, if you're going to leave on your site that your game is free and that you can play it, how about not doing maintenance in the morning? Certain people only have one day off to play. And if going afk is going to be a bannable offense....

Make camping a bannable offense!!!!! Sitting in a bush all game is no different than being afk. Its battle royale not ******* paradise.

Comment

Farming during mission and not helping is an issue, If you are going to farm set to Private so you don't take away from others game experience.

Comment

Originally posted by "Gomly1980 View Post

I agree with the disagreement here of not being punished purely because someone has paid for the game. So what? You're going against the rules of the game. You've paid for that game knowing **** well that there are rules in place, and if you're breaking them then that's your problem. If you get banned and don't get your money back, that's also your problem. Unless your offences are extreme and consistent a permanent ban won't take place but a warning or suspension might be issued. This is fair to me. Players need to realise what is right and what is wrong according to the people who make the game.

Comment

I think that missions such as Build The Radar Grid do encourage players to go AFK. I find a lot of AFK players on this mode in particular. I quite like the additional time given towards the end, as it gives me time to acquire resources. Though there is no main goal left to achieve after they have been built, so you can just stand there until the game has finished and still complete the mission successfully.

Retreive The Data can encourage AFK during the start, though you can shoot down the balloon after a certain point to speed up the process which I appreciate. Even with this though, people can still be AFK for quite some time if they're fast enough and finish preparing quickly.

I also think that missions that are well below your own Power Level (that appear grey) encourage players to go AFK. In my experience, I've wanted to get certain Mission Alert Rewards in areas where I am well above the recommended PL. Past a certain point you will not be able to gain Commander XP. Now in these missions there's little to no incentive for me to help others because I will not get that XP during the end of the mission. Additionally, I don't want to combat enemies since I'm overpowered for them and it's too easy and no fun. I also don't want to help my squad mates for the same reason. This honestly just results me to just searching for loot. Personally I don't go AFK much when I'm doing these sorts of missions, but I think that it does encourage people of high PL trying to get rewards in low end levels to go AFK. I mean, XP would be neglible anyway, but I feel like there should be more incentive to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Alitari View Post
                                                Let's consider a Deliver The Bomb mission as an example of how to personalize objective scores.

Finding the Rift/Armory/Launcher - All individual actions, would be directly competitive so shouldn't be part of the personalized scores.
                                                Build Defenses around the Launcher - If you contribute to the build (i.e. you build walls, traps, or contribute materials to walls and traps) or are involved in clearing the immediate area around the Launcher (including killing husks that wander into the area or destroying encampments NEAR the Launcher), you get credit.
                                                Get BluGlo - This is like Finding ... it's a directly competitive thing. Even if we were to give credit even if you just picked up BluGlo and yours wasn't used in the Armory, it'd drive some weird behaviour (like Constructors racing, huffing and puffing along the way to get a BluGlo)
                                                Build the Track - If you contribute to building the track, clearing the track, your dropped track pieces are used, or are currently engaged in Building Defenses, you get credit.
                                                Defend the Bomb - If you contribute to damage to husks along the bomb's route, specifically to the husks spawned by the bomb, or are engaged in Building Defenses, you get credit.
                                                Defend the Launcher - If you contribute to damage to husks while in the final phase, either through traps or weapons, you get credit.

The goal, as I hope you can see, would be to create a situation where contribution to the mission objectives gives credit, whereas side things, like crafting a tower or smashing a troll, might give in mission utility (like more parts, bluglo, etc.) they wouldn't contribute to the overall scoring at the end of the mission. Further, the means of evaluating who gets credit would also be broad, so people could contribute in different ways ... Outlanders feeding a Constructor get credit if they're contributing to the build, Constructors get credit if their traps do damage in the Defend phase, etc.
                                                Your "math" is so not working. In so many ways.

Doing survivors, rescueing 1 and doing nothing else for the mission will give me same reward as finding 10? no? But if i cant find more like 1 or 2 even when running around the globe? Whats up with my reward?
                                                joining late a mission cuz of matchmaking or you calling me for help and just getting almoust nothing? Feel free to find any1 helping others or start crying cuz people will insta leave that mission again.

why does everything has to be taxed to even the smallest bit in the world? One time you build 4 towers and one time 1 or nothing if your way late. happens all the time for me. In the end i am building 1 and a half AND having fun.
                                                i dont wanna defend the track when im building / i dont wanna lose reward when some soldiers kill all husks bevor my traps do / i dont wanna sit around and shoot nothing just to give a construktor´s traps some kills
                                                If i am under constant pressure doing that and this and in the right way of my class just to get a good amount of reward... pls give me my money back, i wanna quit.
                                                Your suggestions are so bs.

Comment

Here is simplest way to get rid of "auto run afkers" simply have it count score aka no points scored in 2 minutes all it would take is one hit on a item or killing one mob. Then a secondary one require them to move outside of a single tile 1-2 minute to not be considered afk. Then you can also minimum score aka if you don't have at least 150 build score build the radar then no xp or rewards at end of match. To avoid spoofing these points via looter crazed people building stairs up to get a chest. Only have tiles placed withing x distance of objective count towards goal.

Then but not least allow private group leader to kick BUT disable all these anti afk measures so if people choose to carry or allow someone to leech this is fine. Lastly but most importantly ALLOW US TO CHOOSE WHO WE PLAY WITH we may not always be able to do a premade group. So put a block button next to friend button but it will no longer matchmake us.

No worrying about banning and dealing with angry customers about a ban is they self ban themselves by getting every player to block them not your fault or responsibility don't have to deal with whiners. As a side note you could also prioritize people who have been reported for leeching to get paired with other afk/leech like players.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X