X

Fortnite Battle Royale Free Sept 26 - FAQ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite Battle Royale Free Sept 26 - FAQ

The team at Epic is excited to announce that Fortnite Battle Royale will be available for FREE beginning September 26!

The Fortnite Battle Royale mode takes the gameplay of battle royale games and adds all of the action-building pieces unique to Fortnite. This 100-player PvP world will allow you to locate weapons and supplies, destroy enemy cover, drop traps, and build your way to victory.

Here’s some general information for questions you may have:

Is Battle Royale really free?
    Yes, starting on September 26. We launched a public test and it worked better than we expected. We want the game to reach as many players as possible, so we decided to release Battle Royale for free sooner than we anticipated.

Squads. Where are the squads?
    Squads are coming 9/26. We’ll share more details in the Fortnite Release Notes.

Where are the vehicles?
    We are prototyping some ideas but don’t know how they will fit into the game. We’ll let you know more soon.

Will you add more maps?
    Yes, but not right away.

What else are you working to immediately improve or add?
    We’re working to improve the feel of combat, controls, weapons and movement. We’re also working to streamline inventory management.

Find out more information on what’s coming here.

I bought the game for the PvP Battle Royale mode on PC last week. Since it’s free now, can I have a refund?
    Yes. If you purchased Fortnite between Sept. 12 and Sept. 20 to get access to Battle Royale, and you would like a refund, contact us and we’ll give you one. Fortnite Battle Royale will still be available to you for free.

Why did Epic make only Battle Royale free? When will the whole game be free?
    We still have a lot of features to add before the PvE campaign is complete. We will launch the Save the World PvE campaign for free in 2018.

Now that Battle Royale is free, does that mean that PvP development is complete?
    No. Fortnite is still in development and we will continue to improve and expand both the PvE and PvP game modes.

Does Battle Royale mean that Fortnite is abandoning PvE?
    No. The team has big plans and is continuing to add features and develop new modes to play, including the previously announced “Block Party” mode. Stay tuned for some spooky details on our October updates soon.

Will my progress in Fortnite PvE campaign transfer over into Battle Royale?
    For now, PvE and PvP are not connected and we don’t know if Battle Royale will eventually connect to the Fortnite Campaign. We are considering cosmetic connections between PvE and PvP and compendium-like content, but we’re still figuring it out. Let us know what you think would be cool.

Will Fortnite Battle Royale be pay-to-win?
    No. We will not sell items that give a competitive advantage. At some point in the future we will sell other things including cosmetics or compendium-like content.

What if I want to purchase the Save the World Campaign?
    You can purchase a Founder's Pack on PC here or through the PlayStation and Xbox stores.

If you have questions, ask away! We'll do our best to provide answers.
    Last edited by [EPIC] Flak; 09-20-2017, 09:28 PM.

so if you request a refund we will no longer be able to play the pve?

Comment

• Woody6543 commented
      Editing a comment
      if we have to pay for PvE now can we get a refund when it is out fir free

• Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Will I ever have to pay to play Fortnite?

Originally posted by McPatt View Post
    so if you request a refund we will no longer be able to play the pve?
    yes until the game go out of the early access..

Comment

Originally posted by BIockschrift View Post

yes until the game go out of the early access..
      damnnmn! do you know if i can cancel my refund request then bc i actually like playing the pve

Comment

If you purchased Fortnite between Sept. 12 and Sept. 19 to get access to Battle Royale, and you would like a refund, contact us and we’ll give you one. What if i bougth the game today (20.9.2017) i cant get a refund? Bougth it only for the pvp:(

Comment

So is this a totally separate download / game or will it be the same Fortnight game just only allowing non owners access to the one free mode?

Comment

Originally posted by U2NUMB View Post
            So is this a totally separate download / game or will it be the same Fortnight game just only allowing non owners access to the one free mode?
            I can't say for sure, but it will probably still be in the same game like how it is now, but the PvE option wont be there if you didn't buy EA.

Comment

So I just contacted Playstation support to get a refund, since I bought the game on september 12th only for the Battle Royale mode. And they laughed in my face, like they usually do (worst customer service ever). So whay I am supposed to do to get my refund? Because when I go to your support, it tells me that PSN refunds must be dealt with Playstation support themselves. I'm at a loss here...

Comment

How will PVP be supported as its completely going free? Does this mean that on the 26th we will see an in game shop for PVP? Would love to see vbucks rewarded for kills and wins in PVP that we can use in PV and PVE shops.

Comment

• isaiahn2523 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  we should get free v-bucks for winning in Battle Royale

Originally posted by Mothershooter View Post
                So I just contacted Playstation support to get a refund, since I bought the game on september 12th only for the Battle Royale mode. And they laughed in my face, like they usually do (worst customer service ever). So whay I am supposed to do to get my refund? Because when I go to your support, it tells me that PSN refunds must be dealt with Playstation support themselves. I'm at a loss here...
                Reach out to our Player Support team and let them know your issue. Again, we'll make sure it gets resolved.

Comment

• 0_0 Gurra 0_0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When does the full game drop?

• linasan1234 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  dunno plus i'm with windows seven right now so i'm fcked

Originally posted by [EPIC
                arCtiC;n67471]The team at Epic is excited to announce that Fortnite Battle Royale will be available for FREE beginning September 26!

The Fortnite Battle Royale mode takes the gameplay of battle royale games and adds all of the action-building pieces unique to Fortnite. This 100-player PvP world will allow you to locate weapons and supplies, destroy enemy cover, drop traps, and build your way to victory.

Here’s some general information for questions you may have:

Is Battle Royale really free?
                Yes, starting on September 26. We launched a public test and it worked better than we expected. We want the game to reach as many players as possible, so we decided to release Battle Royale for free sooner than we anticipated.

Squads. Where are the squads?
                Squads are coming 9/26. We’ll share more details in the Fortnite Release Notes.

Where are the vehicles?
                We are prototyping some ideas but don’t know how they will fit into the game. We’ll let you know more soon.

Will you add more maps?
                Yes, but not right away.

What else are you working to immediately improve or add?
                We’re working to improve the feel of combat, controls, weapons and movement. We’re also working to streamline inventory management.

Find out more information on what’s coming here.

I bought the game for the PvP Battle Royale mode on PC last week. Since it’s free now, can I have a refund?
                Yes. If you purchased Fortnite between Sept. 12 and Sept. 20 to get access to Battle Royale, and you would like a refund, contact us and we’ll give you one. Fortnite Battle Royale will still be available to you for free.

Why did Epic make only Battle Royale free? When will the whole game be free?
                We still have a lot of features to add before the PvE campaign is complete. We will launch the Save the World PvE campaign for free in 2018.

Now that Battle Royale is free, does that mean that PvP development is complete?
                No. Fortnite is still in development and we will continue to improve and expand both the PvE and PvP game modes.

Does Battle Royale mean that Fortnite is abandoning PvE?
                No. The team has big plans and is continuing to add features and develop new modes to play, including the previously announced “Block Party” mode. Stay tuned for some spooky details on our October updates soon.

Will my progress in Fortnite PvE campaign transfer over into Battle Royale?
                For now, PvE and PvP are not connected and we don’t know if Battle Royale will eventually connect to the Fortnite Campaign. We are considering cosmetic connections between PvE and PvP and compendium-like content, but we’re still figuring it out. Let us know what you think would be cool.

Will Fortnite Battle Royale be pay-to-win?
                No. We will not sell items that give a competitive advantage. At some point in the future we will sell other things including cosmetics or compendium-like content.

What if I want to purchase the Save the World Campaign?
                You can purchase a Founder's Pack on PC here or through the PlayStation and Xbox stores.

If you have questions, ask away! We'll do our best to provide answers.

I requested a refund through Xbox and they granted it after about 45 minutes. now I cant play the PVP even though it says it should be still available to me. Can you help?

Thanks

Comment

I just received a mail which says I will get the exclusive Founder's umbrella skin if I win a game. Do I really have to be 1st and win a game for the skin?

Thank you :)

Comment

• Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    how do you download fortnite on chromebook

Hi Epic,

I picked this game up for the Battle Royale, and quickly grew to like the PVE, although I confess the latter half of the equation needs a fair bit more work, it has loads of potential.

I'm sure your team have plenty of ideas circulating and you probably aren’t certain yourself what the future of this mode holds, but I thought I’d throw in some thoughts of my own, on Battle Royale.

Please let us choose our characters for PVP. (Considering we don’t technically play as our commanders in PVE but rather play through a Hero they are commanding, I think PVP could be a good place for us to give our own personal commanders a face via character creation)

I don’t want to eat a winner winner Llama Dinner, but I’ll hit one with a baseball bat!

I know you need to make money, so here are a few stocking stuffers I wouldn't mind ether winning or throwing down some change for.

Pick Axe Skins (For both colors and model replacements, maybe ice picks, or hammers, or a set of over-sized metal fists to punch down trees and enemies alike. I would personally like to see more variations to give your character a little more flair in the pregame lobby.)

Glider Skins (I want a golden parachute! But I’m no one's CEO so I’ll take a golden glider instead)

Hair, Face, and Clothing options (Body types would be appreciated since you have the models, just make hitboxes the same and start everyone with the smallest frame that way and perceived ‘disadvantages’ are self inflicted)

Dances, and other emotes (I’ve got 2 free slots on my d-pad in battle royale. Waves, Taunts, or sit emotes would go a ways to making the down time before games more interesting and social)

Calling cards that display player names and their lifetime kills/victories when you are killed by or when you spectate them. This is another easy to produce thing that lets player show off their prestige a bit.

Let us drive cars if possible I understand it’s not something currently in your build of the game and adding it might require too much additional work, but if you do it removes one of the few major advantages pubg has over your version.

Can we get some viable melee options? This is something not offered in pubg. The rocket hammer should be able to destroy walls, and maybe even flip on-coming cars

Last and probably least please let us go completely prone! It makes me feel tactical, and makes for a really tense feeling.

I don’t expect promises, I just wanna be heard, if you could reply just let me know my feedback was read I’ll be able to leave this thread happy and grateful. :)

Thank you <3!!!

Comment

• Tubuca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great game Epic, i agree with Cinder Solider on this one especially about driving cars

Originally posted by yourmomshouse27 View Post

I requested a refund through Xbox and they granted it after about 45 minutes. now I cant play the PVP even though it says it should be still available to me. Can you help?

Thanks
                  This makes sense... you asked for a refund. The FREE version of the game is not out till the 26th so you should not be able to access the beta of BR any longer. Then on the 26th the free version will be in the store or they will unlock access for everyone but the refund removed your right to play it early.

Comment

On Reddit you guys said that PC vs PS4 for BR isn't happening. Some people tested today and said that we are still being matched up against PC users.
                    Why is it soo hard for you guys to just come out and say it. Are we gonna play vs PC users yes or no? (this is for BR Mode) don't care about PVE

Comment

• Squashman22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What makes people think they are being matched VS PC? You can use a mouse and keyboard on the PS4 version of this game.

• Bocce_Balls commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I play on PS4 and was killed today by a guy named BroBQ. Happen to go on twitch later in the day and see he is a streamer playing on PC.
                  Working...
                  X