• Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we working on: "Save the World"

Quoting Zak Phelps, Executive Producer.

"Hey all,

There’s a lot happening right now. We want to acknowledge and address concerns that you have continued to express since launch. We haven’t successfully been updating all of you on the cadence or with the detail that we want and that you desire. Improvements will be seen starting now and going forward.

Here is what are we working on for Save the World:
    • Big updates are coming.
      • Horde Bash will release before 10/17, with 4 new heroes, 9 new scavenger weapons, and new quests. Challenge the Horde game mode previously named Block Party, will give you instant action defenses. You pre-build your fort, then team up together for wave based defenses with a growing array of mutations to challenge your skill.
      • Halloween update will be released on or before 10/31 and include a new Hexsylvania location on the world during the event which includes a new spooky biome, along with 8 Halloween Heroes, and new quests with specific rewards.
    • More ways to get the Heroes and Schematics you want.
      • Every event will have new quests that provide specific rewards.
      • Our plan for the December update we will add the ability to directly purchase a selection of items with event currency. Different selections will be available for each event.
      • Before the end of the year we will be adding the ability to gain additional control over the type alterations on weapons and using transforms to target more specific types of items.
    • Improving Global Chat throughout the rest of the year.
      • Adding ability to see all people currently in Global Chat, yes there are 250 players in each.
      • Add ability to directly report players from chat.
      • Fix invites from chat on console.
      • Exploring ways to improve the number of talking players in chat. Exiting and joining channels is one simple solution.
    • To the question of how we plan to address negative players.
      • First, we ban the serial offenders, then we build game mechanics that encourage all of us to be good to each other. We need to reward players for working together to complete game objectives.
      • This year we will add a karma system as a first step in creating rewards for being great to each other. The thumbs ups at end of game will be used to start each individual's karma. We’ll work to make it non-gameable. We don’t have all the details yet, design is in progress. Please send us your ideas via feedback on things we can tie good behavior to.

In future posts and videos, we will continue to talk more specifically about our direction. We agree that we’ve been quiet about specific issues and plan to address questions head on. Stay tuned for more communication!

Thank you all for your support and participation. Feedback is always accepted and appreciated."
    Last edited by [EPIC] SKY-LG; 09-20-2017, 03:44 PM. Reason: Formatting

When is save the world coming out for ps4

Comment

xbox needs royle to have save the world free im 5 and my mommy and daddy and little babysister have died and the ophanage is boring and cant afford school and my friends at the orphinage are gonig to new homes so plese hurry - my instructer helped me :(

Comment

• HighDef01 commented
        Editing a comment
        instructor agreed to say that his orphanage that he works at is boring and that the free education that you are entitled to is not available AND you have an Xbox. Seems legit

• 656Madman commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m so sorry and I wish the best for u xx

• Lord Toe Knee commented
        Editing a comment
        cool story, bro. i can't believe people can actually believe this stuff.

Originally posted by [EPIC] S-LG View Post
      Quoting Zak Phelps, Executive Producer.

Here is what are we working on for Save the World:
      • Big updates are coming.
      • Horde Bash will release before 10/17, with 4 new heroes, 9 new scavenger weapons, and new quests. Challenge the Horde game mode previously named Block Party, will give you instant action defenses. You pre-build your fort, then team up together for wave based defenses with a growing array of mutations to challenge your skill.
      • Halloween update will be released on or before 10/31 and include a new Hexsylvania location on the world during the event which includes a new spooky biome, along with 8 Halloween Heroes, and new quests with specific rewards.
      With Horde Bash over and done with (until the next iteration) and Hexilvania coming to an end in 17 days. What are the next "Big" updates for STW?
      Will Canney Valley and Twine Peaks finally get a story to follow, instead of the numdane "complete 3 x/y/z missions etc etc"?
      When will we be able to re-roll perks on our weapons and how will this be introduced? (will it only affect new weapons or ones we already have)?
      Will more areas be added permanently after Twine Peaks?

Don't get me wrong i'm really enjoying the game, Hexilvania was a nice addition, looking forward to see how that gets picked up on next year (releasing Vlad from his crypt/coffin) and the Horde bash was, interesting, wasn't overly enjoyable for myself, in comparison to Survive the Storm and Hexilvania, but i like that the gane appears to be getting fairly frequent updates. i'd just like to know what the next one is and when the next part of the story campaign gets added.

Thanks

Comment

How about not extending this event so you can push pve off to the side again to spend time and our money on PvP? Add more story and seriously, new tile sets. The same suburban rehash every zone got old fast. Canny Valley looked great until you left the storm shield but then it's just more stonewood and disappointment. What's the player retention looking like right now ?

Comment

thank you so much.

Comment

i really want save the world but i have no money...

Comment

ps4 save the world talk now

Comment

Today after school I got on and I played save the world but I just got off of work and it will not let me into save the world

Comment

I actually want the Save The World to be free and can you add 2 player split screen for both Battle Royale and Save The World because I wanted to play with family members and I don't have to take turn every time... I would be really thankful if you guys read this and accept my ideas... If you guys add these I will appreciate the work!

Comment

• 656Madman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Feel the same here bud

• SSunddees fan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    me to I also want the two game modes to be splitscreen

Save the world worked for a little bit again but thin kicked me out I have played save the would two times now and it kicked me out both time

Comment

It is mentioned that the PvE is going to be released in 2018. It is not yet released so does that mean that we will have to wait until december 31 or do you have a more specific date?

Comment

• Intellitrent commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In all seriousness, you are giving it for free so I have no right to rush, but you guys did say 2018. An actual date will relieve everyone's anxious minds.

• Nikolas5811 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree when will Save The World be released? I thought jan 1 but i was wrong.

I wish they had a separate server for people who aren’t very good or new beginers someone who has a low k-d and is put into a game with others who have the same troubles so you can get better playing against someone on the same level and not some who knows the insides and outs on the game.

Comment

While it's really great to have all these holiday events and new maps (and really thanks for that!), it would be very helpful to know what is going on with the coremaps?

Every new zone is simply Stonewood... I was a little bit dissapointed whe Plankerton turned out to be same as Stonewood but really hoped that at least Canny Valley will be different, but was even more dissapointed :( Please, can we have some information on this?

Also, what about that compensation for the wall launcher that had no stats? I thought it was supposed to be handled right after the holidays?

If you guys are still on vacation just say so, the lack of information is what kills me inside...

Comment

• YukeraYasha commented
                        Editing a comment
                        there was supposed to be chest compensation too, for all the lower quality chests that people got for the longest time, and nothing happened with that either. I'm thinking unless you specifically talk to their CSRs people are out of luck.

I just want a free code my credit card has bounced back three times lol

Comment

Working...
                      X