Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Rifle Accuracy Adjustments

Hey Fortnite fans,

In the recent 1.6.4 patch notes, a substantial change was made to the Assault Rifle's accuracy.
    We encourage everyone to get some games in over the weekend and share your thoughts on the changes.

We have a larger blog detailing our future plans for the Accuracy system coming next week.
    Keep an eye out!

I just finished a game where I domed a sniper and was tagging another sniper from a long range pretty reliably. Found the notes and read them, I definitely am a fan of the change!

I was also wondering, how does the + reticle around the center dot really reflect the actual accuracy of the gun being fired?

Comment

Interesting choice that higher star(rarity) rifles are less accurate.

Comment

higher rarity rifles are still alot more accurate than lower rarity's, the patch notes say they only get a little buff since they don't need to be buffed. the lower rarity's clearly do need a big accuracy buff so im looking forward to testing them :D

Comment

Please add an Asian server. Many Asian people love Battle Royal Mode!

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC
            S-LG;n71976]Hey Fortnite fans,

In the recent 1.6.4 patch notes, a substantial change was made to the Assault Rifle's accuracy.
            We encourage everyone to get some games in over the weekend and share your thoughts on the changes.

We have a larger blog detailing our future plans for the Accuracy system coming next week.
            Keep an eye out!
            I don't see ~10% less RNG on one weapon as a solution.
            Seems like you're doing the minimum you can do in order to give the appearance that you're taking feedback into account.
            It would be trivially easy to fix this game's shooting in an afternoon, any monkey who can edit a text file could do it.
            Zero out first-shot inaccuracy for a start, then start eating away at recoil. It's unacceptable for firefights to boil down to who gets the better dice rolls on their accuracy.

Maybe you want it to remain this way because it makes the game more casual friendly. It allows poorer aimers to get lucky kills on better players, so everyone gets the little dopamine rush of getting a kill now and again.
            And similarly it allows players to justify all of their losses as bad accuracy dicerolls. I get it, shooting RNG is beneficial for your profits for these reasons. But don't pretend you'll change it when non-casual players complain. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too.
            Last edited by ENUMBRE; 09-29-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Well, it's a step forward I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Fibrous View Post

I was also wondering, how does the + reticle around the center dot really reflect the actual accuracy of the gun being fired?
                That dot probably is for the tap shots, and the reticle around it is when you move and shot or spray.. the bullet can basically hit somewhere in that area

Comment

So here's the problem I caught a guy with his back to me(inside a building) and emptied a full clip into him NO bullets hit him, then as I reload he turns around grabs his shotgun, I finish reloading and start firing then he one shots me. This all happens after I nailed a guy with half a clip from twice the distance with an smg.
                  it has the spray patern of a shotgun without the stoping power.

Comment

Originally posted by asmoK View Post

That dot probably is for the tap shots, and the reticle around it is when you move and shot or spray.. the bullet can basically hit somewhere in that area
                    I can see that being true. I KNOW the guns, at least on first shot standing still, do not have the spray pattern associated with the cross reticle. If that is how it works, it would be cool if they added a circle within the cross reticle to show the true spread pattern for stationary fire. Or your current accuracy. as in if you start running, the circle expands to match the cross reticle

Comment

Spray and Lag are still issues. Accuracy has improved with the latest update, but due to lag (I'm far from America) I can't use it LOL

Comment

It was an inch in the right direction but you still have hundreds of miles to go... the whole system of aiming and shooting needs a little work. I would love to see aim assist remove. Makes it hard to line up shots with a sniper when ever time you line up the lead and drop height that the reticle snaps back down to center of mass. Also the whole randomness of the shots is pitiful. Standing dead still while crouched and tap firing I still only hit maybe 40% of shots on still targets at ~40feet

Comment

Sorry, but I have now resolved myself to accepting that common and uncommon (white and green quality) ARs are simply there to give away your position when you try to shoot someone at least 20 feet in front of you. So many times, I've put the reticle right on my target and tap-shot my target, get 7-8 shots off, miss them all, and have them turn around and down me in 3-4 shots. I now prefer a white or green burst fire AR, which is WAY more accurate. Actually, I kind of think the burst fire AR is OP accurate at any range.

Comment

Right now the game is only about dicerolls. As if it isn't enough to get an unlucky circle to kill you, every gunfight is 50/50 as to whose accuracy rolls worse.

What was the idea behind making a shooter with absolute inaccuracy?
                            Why can we aim at all?
                            Does right-clicking to zoom do anything to accuracy?

What's the accuracy rate for an AR, 0.6 or even worse?

Comment

RNG on shooting in a SHOOTER... Could we at least get an ETA on the rework?

Comment

yeah some weapons are just way to **** for their intended purpose. i mean the SCAR AR is utter **** for CQC engagements as well as medium-ish engagements. the first shot half the time doesn't even land directly on crosshairs. its stupid. another pass and refinement of weapon accuracy/spray needs to be looked at asap

Comment

completely agree about scar. just ended a game in which i emptied a whole nearly a whole clip from an epic scar into a player while he still had sniper out. he had time to switch to burst AR, and down me in 2 shots from full health + 50 armor. we were less than 20ft apart

Comment

I dunno what you guys are talking about, the SCAR is an absolute best in purple or legendary and even the grey assault rifle is very accurate over medium range now.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbot View Post
                                      I dunno what you guys are talking about, the SCAR is an absolute best in purple or legendary and even the grey assault rifle is very accurate over medium range now.
                                      Totally agree. I could understand if they were talking about the AR, but I win 90% of my gunfights if I have a SCAR. Crazy accurate if you're semi-firing. These bozos probably spray and pray. That's what you should do with an M4.

Comment

Originally posted by ENUMBRE View Post

I don't see ~10% less RNG on one weapon as a solution.
                                        Seems like you're doing the minimum you can do in order to give the appearance that you're taking feedback into account.
                                        It would be trivially easy to fix this game's shooting in an afternoon, any monkey who can edit a text file could do it.
                                        Zero out first-shot inaccuracy for a start, then start eating away at recoil. It's unacceptable for firefights to boil down to who gets the better dice rolls on their accuracy.

Maybe you want it to remain this way because it makes the game more casual friendly. It allows poorer aimers to get lucky kills on better players, so everyone gets the little dopamine rush of getting a kill now and again.
                                        And similarly it allows players to justify all of their losses as bad accuracy dicerolls. I get it, shooting RNG is beneficial for your profits for these reasons. But don't pretend you'll change it when non-casual players complain. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too.
                                        I do appreciate you guys reading our complaints and doing something but for the love of whoever PLEASE make bullet spread/ accuracy more skill based.

I don't think there's a better way of saying it "It's unacceptable for firefights to boil down to who gets the better dice rolls on their accuracy." I'd say my aim is well beyond average, yet I find my self in most games watching the bullets wizz past their models from the left then to the right then a bullet will hit the ground, Then other games I'm like, Wow, I landed 4 shots in a row on the guy that my crosshair was directly on. I mean seriously? You shouldn't be surprised at your self when something you "AIMED" to do actually works. It's ridiculous that right click "zoom" if I can even call it that has almost no difference in accuracy than spraying..(little exaggeration) but still..Why in anyone's mind would they think its a good Idea to make the accuracy terrible even when standing still..It goes EVERYWHERE and you have literally no control over it. Almost every mid range burst fight is me praying that the game will be on my side.
                                        Last edited by GrassStainz; 11-01-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X