State of Development v2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Development v2

Thanks for all your support, it’s been a crazy two weeks since we launched on September 26th :-)

We’ve picked up steam on the development side and have strike teams working on the below features and improvements:

Gameplay
    • Team communication incl. voice chat!
    • General squads / duo polish
    • Ongoing shooting and balance tweaks
    • Map POI (points of interest) and loot density improvements
    • Spectating improvements
    • Inventory improvements
    • Quality of life bug fixes

Controller
    • Alternate configurations
    • Controller revamp
    • Input latency improvements on console
    • Aim assist improvements

UI
    • 10’ console experience of HUD (playing 10 feet from your TV)
    • “Invite system” polish
    • MOTD system improvements
    • QOL features for streamers and content creators (hiding HUD elements, etc.)

Progression
    • Stats
    • Leaderboards
    • Cosmetics / loadout
    • Progression
    • Compendium / mission logs

Engine
    • Anticheat
    • Console performance, stability, and memory
    • Server performance and hitch optimizations
    • Reduction of initial download size and ongoing patch sizes
    • Level streaming to allow variation for cosmetics
    • Low end PC compatibility support / improvements

• Spinning up more data centers to reduce average ping times
    • Public test realm
    Our general planning horizon is around 4-6 weeks and we hope to accomplish a decent percentage of the aforementioned in that timeframe. Having said that, life is not free of surprises and here is my favorite post on software development estimates ;-)
    Last edited by [EPIC] arCtiC; 10-13-2017, 10:02 AM.

IN FORNITE BATTLE ROYALE CAN I RESET MY STATS?

Comment

I think the biggest thing out of that list should be the FPS Drops and optimisation - can we get a real-time update please on that?

Comment

That post you linked at the end, it’s a great analogy for sure!
        The buck stops here.

Comment

Desing another new map or variables in the actual map, add more guns or places for get a good loot, for improve the fun in battler royale. Thanks for the excelent work in the game.

Comment

This is awesome and very promising, but is this just BR improvements or whole game?

Comment

• Brackarn commented
              Editing a comment
              It's 98.9% PvP development. The only reason I'm not saying 100% is because maybe some of the server performance work might impact PvE.

Aim assist improvements! It always drags me towards downed enemies and makes it difficult to aim at their teammates who are reviving them!

Also, I think a bonus round at the end of a squad victory would be cool, where the surviving members of the squad have a quick battle between themselves in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Daniel Vogel View Post
              • Spinning up more data centers to reduce average ping times
              Hoping this means the OCE region will get local servers as currently my Australian ping is 230+ and my mates refuse to play the game until we have local servers so we've no choice but to play PUBG (with a ping of about 30).

EDIT: Roadmap sounds good.

Besides local servers, pretty keen for the inventory improvements to make sharing stuff between team mates easier.
              Last edited by Herbot; 10-13-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the great job on this game! You should check out bug issues topics.

Comment

In my opinion there are 3 main problems that **** up our experince in the game
                  1. Cheater
                  2. High ping (more servers needed for example eastern/western Europe)
                  3. Poor optimization (PC)

and it's good to see that you plan to work on/fix those isues

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBGSOBT View Post
                    In my opinion there are 3 main problems that **** up our experince in the game
                    1. Cheater
                    2. High ping (more servers needed for example eastern/western Europe)
                    3. Poor optimization (PC)

and it's good to see that you plan to work on/fix those isues
                    With my i5 7500 and intel 630 HD graphics, i think the optimization wasn't so bad (at least for me) until patch 1.7, where i can no longer be near the forest or any place with many trees in general (i'm talking 7 to 15 fps here). I hope i can play like before on the next patch.

Comment

auto run plz :)

Comment

• DizzyBHigh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Look in your settings, there is an option to have run set to toggle or hold (PC Version I don't know about the Consoles) At least for the "save the world" mode this option exists, would be surprised if it wasn't there for the PVP mode.

Good job on patching the game so far. Looking forward to leaderboards and visual items for characters. I hope you fix the FPS drop and hiccups. We need awards for winning matches. Through al 3 modes I have won about 40 matches and some people will get tired of Just for fun play. We need an Goal to go for and Awards (Items for chars etc.) Would buying Xone X help with fps drops?

Comment

All players should start off with only one character instead of multiples. Then get like gp or gold from games to buy the other characters, glasses, bandanas, cool shirts etc to put on ur character ... Also, add a practice mode please!!! :D & I agree with everyone else with the low fps for laptops or poor PC! Oh and also please fix it that your fps is the same when you're on windowed mode because it always goes lower.
                        Last edited by FlyAsFck; 10-17-2017, 03:12 AM.

Comment

First I'll start by saying love the game. Had it since day one. The previous patch on Xbox ruined the loot density hardcore. You land and half the time you find nothing now and have to fight everyone with a pickaxe. Also you used to get a guaranteed rare when you got that dangerous loot crate that everyone goes for. Now you maybe get a med kit if you're lucky. Yet I watch streamers on twitch playing on pc and loot density hasn't been touched. All I ask is why? Why nerf the console but not the other versions?

Comment

• EscaflowneCZ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I play on PC and it become common situation that we have gun 3 from 5 runs in DUO with friend. Those other 2 cases we find only ammo or resources. I didn´t see anything then white and green guns from chests after patch. Only way for me to obatin better equip is to kill someone. Don´t know where they get it. Also there is huge amount of SMGs now.I v got also Problem to find long range weapons.
                        Working...
                        X